The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#118230 - 04/23/06 12:59 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
ILLUVITAR Offline
Regular

Loc: England
Hello PDM....
Havnt read 'Letters from Father Christmas'yet but have heard from other people that they are enjoyable.Tolkien can be a labour to read sometimes,especially 'The Fellowship of the Ring'Tolkien said himself that when he was writing the first instalment he was struggling for ideas so thats why the book dawdles a bit,'The Two Towers'and'Return of the King'are far more fast paced and enjoyable.I took my user name from 'The Silmarilion'its Tolkiens "Creator"of Middle Earth.

Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Twitter Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Facebook Add Re: does anyone know any good books to MySpace Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Del.icio.us Digg Re: does anyone know any good books Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Yahoo My Web Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Google Bookmarks Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Stumbleupon Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Reddit
#118231 - 04/23/06 01:00 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
Matt the Indian Offline

Loc: Buffalo NY
My absolute favorite book is [i]Perfume[/i] by Patrick Süskind. It's kind of thriller/drama and the writing style is so... sensory... you almost get an olfactory perception of the book... it's amazing, Süskind's writing is amazing.

http://www.myspace.com/matt14223
ME
http://www.myspace.com/avantgarde91
My band.

Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Twitter Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Facebook Add Re: does anyone know any good books to MySpace Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Del.icio.us Digg Re: does anyone know any good books Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Yahoo My Web Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Google Bookmarks Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Stumbleupon Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Reddit
#118232 - 05/09/06 08:49 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
MonaM Offline

My absolute favorite is Terry Prattchet. If you like funny but still would like to use your brain you can't get wrong with him.

#118233 - 05/13/06 04:14 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: bude , cornwall
have to agree with you there. the guy is a genius. if you like the discworld trip you should check out the bartimaeus trilogy.

BudeStrings Music Tuition

#118234 - 05/14/06 05:13 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Wicked" the Wicked Witch of the west side of the story... That was a good book...

#118235 - 05/29/06 11:21 AM Re: does anyone know any good books
Vanquish Offline
Regular

Loc: western australia
just read: Anne Rice, Memnoch The Devil. I am new to this author but if the rest of her work is of the same calibre then let me at it!!

of course the ubiquitous Dan Brown Davinci Code, but may I suggest his other titles : ie. Deception Point, Digital Fortress and Angels and Demons.

But for something light and amusing J.K. Rowlings Harry Potter are all works of Genius!!

#118236 - 05/29/06 05:54 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
ladybird Offline
Long Time Friend

i really liked Digital Fortress...but my favorite reading material at the moment is any thing be Nicci French.

#118237 - 07/07/06 02:17 AM Re: does anyone know any good books
Jojo Beans Offline
Companion

Loc: NY, USA
The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon)
Smashed (Koren Zailckas)

Just a few I enjoyed. And sorry for bumping this post back up, I know its old.

#118238 - 07/28/06 09:54 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
annie&beebee Offline
Great Friend

Loc: WA, USA
LOL. Fear Street and Goosebumps, my sister and I were totally into that growing up!

I will have to report back about a good book. I am at a loss at the moment.
"There is no such thing as an ordinary life." — Alexandra Johnson

#118239 - 08/06/06 10:17 PM Re: does anyone know any good books
stephroehr Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Texas
Derailed was such a good book! Please read before you see the movie! Anything by Jennifer Crusie is awesome! I also like the Devil Wears Prada. Same, read book before see movie. Two Little Girls in Blue by Mary Higgins Clark. Good book.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Black and White Photos
by Lisa Shea
Today at 12:44 PM
blood on the underside of the wings
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Cages for parakeet
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Getting a cockatiel for christmas...
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
cockatiel sings if you're happy and you know it
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:35 PM
to clip the wings or not clip the wings?
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:33 PM
Fake It Until You Make It
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:30 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site