My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 58 of 59 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 >
Topic Options
#126449 - 07/12/06 07:18 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
Steven Case Offline
Companion

Loc: Ohio
Quote:
Originally posted by somsuj:
[b]Bieliever :- My complaint is that som has the nerve to tell me that my sources are false because they're Christian sources.

Yes - i do have the nerves - just as many of you have the nerve of telling me and others on the face "you shall go to hell, i am going to heaven"

I did not complaint at that time - did i ? [/b]
smile
No one has the right to say to you, "You will go to Hell" Whom ever said that should apologise. Know one knows your heart, only you and God do.
smile

Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Twitter Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Facebook Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to MySpace Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Reddit
#126450 - 07/12/06 08:44 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Florida
mbas...I won't answer your merry go round questions anymore. I don't have to justify to you my relationship with Jesus and I certainly do not have to try to prove to you something that you are hell bent on destroying. Let me leave you with the fact that I do have a relationship with Jesus, which I have stated before, I believe the bible to be the inspired word of God, also stated before and regardless of how many times you want me to explain....explanation done.

Hope your day is blessed.

Blessings,

LL

Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Twitter Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Facebook Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to MySpace Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc. to Reddit
#126451 - 07/12/06 08:52 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
mbas400 Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LordsLady:
mbas...I won't answer your merry go round questions anymore. I don't have to justify to you my relationship with Jesus and I certainly do not have to try to prove to you something that you are hell bent on destroying. Let me leave you with the fact that I do have a relationship with Jesus, which I have stated before, I believe the bible to be the inspired word of God, also stated before and regardless of how many times you want me to explain....explanation done.

Just remember it's your eternal soul on the line, and you are basing it on a book that is full of contradictions.

I don't want you to answer the questions, because they can't be answered.

Keep your relationship with Jesus, just understand that it's based on gross inaccuracies.

In studying the crucifixion stories, I discovered that the only thing the Gospels agree on is the date of death. Everything else is a jumbled mess.

It's not to me you have to justify your belief, it's to yourself.

You "believers" want people to go read the Gospels. I did, and that's what I found, books filled will contradicting stories. If ever there was a hope of believing this, it is gone now.

If you believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God, then you must accept that the inspiration was filled with mistakes. Because the Bible itself can't agree on the most important issues.

Keep your blinders on.

#126452 - 07/12/06 08:59 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
mbas400 Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

[quote]Originally posted by Steven Case: [b] So Jesus is telling a short fictitious story to illustrate a point that should not be interpreted literally. Many scholars interpret it as reference to Jerusalem’s destruction in A.D. 70. The punishment of those who rebelled and actively opposed the king was much more severe than that of the negligent servant.[/b][/quote]So again, we have to choose which parts of the scripture are true and which are to be "interpreted." It's a wonder you Christians can function at all with your holy books so confused. But as I've shown here, it doesn't really matter what the books say, you can pick and choose which parts to like. If "scholars" can interpret the parable as the destruction of Jerusalem, an event 70 years away, why can't it be interpreted as Jesus' response to his contemporary rejection. Remember, there were Christians in Jerusalem too in 70AD, so the believers were killed as well. No, Jesus was talking about the Romans and Jews - people who didn't accept him as King.

#126453 - 07/12/06 09:28 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Florida
I know where my eternal soul will rest if I maintain my relationship with Jesus. Do you?

You keep insisting that the bible is full of holes and you seem to imply that my believing the bible should exclude a belief in Jesus. They are mutually inclusive. Jesus name is all over the bible. And while his name is not actually printed in the OT, his coming is prophecied and awaited. Prophecied over 300 times. It takes more than someone finding a donkey to meet all those prophecies.

I do not need further proof than that. My faith is based on faith....not seeing but believing. Faith, faith, faith. Not man. God's inspired word, God's only son who died for me.

Blessings,

LL

#126454 - 07/12/06 09:40 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
Stephtrex1 Offline
Companion

Loc: Va
Amen, LordsLady!!!

#126455 - 07/12/06 09:44 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
mbas400 Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Quote:
Originally posted by LordsLady:
I know where my eternal soul will rest if I maintain my relationship with Jesus. Do you?
I don't. And neither do you. You sure hope you do. You're counting on it. You're betting your soul on it. You've come to Jesus somehow, accepting all the good parts and ignoring the parts that don't make sense. Accepting the parts you like, and disregarding the others.

Quote:
You keep insisting that the bible is full of holes and you seem to imply that my believing the bible should exclude a belief in Jesus.
Actually, it's the other way around. The belief in Jesus it seems, excludes the accuracy of the Bible. Despite all the errors and disagreements between the people that should have known, you believe the parts of the Gospel that suit you.

Quote:
And while his name is not actually printed in the OT, his coming is prophecied and awaited.
Sorry, not "Jesus". The prophesies he "fulfilled" weren't enough to convince everyone that he was the "one". But no sense pointing out those passages, you don't accept the Bible as truth anyway.

Quote:

I do not need further proof than that. My faith is based on faith....not seeing but believing. Faith, faith, faith. Not man. God's inspired word, God's only son who died for me.
That's fine. Just so you know a little more about your faith and the book it is based on.

Just for fun, though, on Sunday, ask your preacher which Gospel account is the right one. Or make it even easier - just ask him on which day was Jesus crucified.

Blessings,

LL [/QB][/QUOTE]

#126456 - 07/12/06 09:47 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
Steven Case Offline
Companion

[quote]Originally posted by mbas400: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Steven Case: [b] So Jesus is telling a short fictitious story to illustrate a point that should not be interpreted literally. Many scholars interpret it as reference to Jerusalem’s destruction in A.D. 70. The punishment of those who rebelled and actively opposed the king was much more severe than that of the negligent servant.[/b][/quote]So again, we have to choose which parts of the scripture are true and which are to be "interpreted." It's a wonder you Christians can function at all with your holy books so confused. But as I've shown here, it doesn't really matter what the books say, you can pick and choose which parts to like. If "scholars" can interpret the parable as the destruction of Jerusalem, an event 70 years away, why can't it be interpreted as Jesus' response to his contemporary rejection. Remember, there were Christians in Jerusalem too in 70AD, so the believers were killed as well. No, Jesus was talking about the Romans and Jews - people who didn't accept him as King. [/b][/quote]No you have to look at the orginianl lanugage and realize a fictious story is not the same as an actual event

#126457 - 07/12/06 09:59 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
Steven Case Offline
Companion

smile
MBAS400:

We've had healthy dialogues. You know my religious philosophy and others similar to me; I would be interested in knowing what your religious or non-religious philosophy is.

When debating an opponent all the cards are placed on the table so the playing field is equally fair. If you know my beliefs, you can debate me on how I am incorrect, which I must defend. But without knowing your point of reference, I am not allowed the same response.

Would you please share them with me and this Forum? I apologize in advance if you have stated them previously, as I am new. If you wish, please respond with a private message.

smile

#126458 - 07/12/06 10:01 AM Re: Sin, Repentance, Atonement, Forgiveness, Redemption, Salvation, etc.
mbas400 Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Quote:
Originally posted by Steven Case:
No you have to look at the orginianl lanugage and realize a fictious story is not the same as an actual event
Ah, now I understand. So anything that doesn't make sense can be a ficticious story.

Very good, that clears up a lot now.

So when Jesus spoke in his parables, they were all just pleasant stories, not meant to teach anything, right?

Good, so glad that's cleared up.

Page 58 of 59 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
Tadpoles
by Lisa Shea
07/21/14 04:05 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
07/21/14 01:29 PM
Top Ten Tips - Fall Asleep Right Now!
by Lisa Shea
07/20/14 08:35 PM
FIGHTING // BITING BUDGIE
by Kymber
07/20/14 05:40 PM
Four Vows of Prevailing
by Lisa Shea
07/20/14 11:17 AM
Gear Art Project
by Lisa Shea
07/20/14 11:07 AM
Boxed Sets
by Lisa Shea
07/20/14 02:43 AM
create a cover for your Kindle boxed set
by Lisa Shea
07/20/14 01:31 AM
A Sense of Duty
by Lisa Shea
07/19/14 01:23 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site