Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#129613 - 06/17/06 01:55 AM 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam'
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
There is an article; 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam', by Warren Larson, on the 'Christianity Today' site.

The article is copyright for 'Christianity Today International' websites only, but here are a couple of very brief quotes:

'Ever since September 11, 2001, I have seen a sharp increase in books about Islam by American evangelicals.'

'too many of these evangelical polemics are historically inaccurate, theologically misinformed, and missiologically misguided.'

You may wish to read the item and make some comments.

It can be found here:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/006/29.38.html

What is your response?

Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Twitter Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Facebook Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to MySpace Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Del.icio.us Digg 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Yahoo My Web Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Google Bookmarks Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Stumbleupon Add 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Reddit
#129614 - 06/17/06 05:41 AM Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam'
John V Offline
Companion

Loc: New Mexico, USA
Not a bad article, but lacking in information. It was a good book review though. A couple more titles I may need to pick up.

Karen Armstrong's "Holy Wars" was a very informative book about the history of the middle east issues, although a pretty dry read.

--Goethe

Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Twitter Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Facebook Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to MySpace Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Del.icio.us Digg Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Yahoo My Web Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Google Bookmarks Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Stumbleupon Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Reddit
#129615 - 06/17/06 10:52 AM Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam'
Galacticus Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Thailand
Feeding the Extremist's and Fanatism with exactly what they wish for - give us the Crusades!

Only blind man cannot see that we have to be One - instead of ever greater diversion we should look into the affair and move closer together - after all we have got only this Planet.

- Patanjali -

Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Twitter Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Facebook Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to MySpace Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Del.icio.us Digg Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Yahoo My Web Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Google Bookmarks Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Stumbleupon Add Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' to Reddit
#129616 - 06/17/06 05:24 PM Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam'
John V Offline
Companion

Quote:
Originally posted by Galacticus:
Feeding the Extremist's and Fanatism with exactly what they wish for - give us the Crusades!
Wasn't quite my take on the article. What I got out of it was to learn about each other so we can enter into some rational dialog. And by the way, there are some really damaging books out there written by people who have no idea.

Now, this was written by a Christian, for Christians in a Christian magazine. You're not going to see "Accept them for who they are" or "Don't try to push our ideas on them". But he also didn't come out with "This is the best way to convert people!"

I think it was more along the lines of "Learn about Islam, and decide for yourself."

As always, it's interesting how different people can read the same thing and take very different ideas out of it.

--Goethe

#129617 - 06/17/06 05:29 PM Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam'
John V Offline
Companion

Another thought...

Writers for magazines are very limited. They have a word limit for their article and have to try to get their idea across within that limit, not to mention topic limits placed on them by editors. I thought he did a good job in getting his point across given the boundaries.

--Goethe

#195200 - 06/27/07 09:52 PM Re: 'Unveiling the Truth About Islam' [Re: John V]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Another issue worth reconsidering.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Haiku of the Great Blue Hill
by Lisa Shea
Today at 01:54 AM
If you were God
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Native American Novella
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Winter Solstice Issue of Mused Literary Review
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
$9M in stolen art
by Lisa Shea
12/20/14 05:40 PM
Classic Art - Redone
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 08:00 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:17 PM
Christmas Paintings
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:06 PM
National Geographic Photo Contest
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 09:13 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site