that's so sweet!!!!
Basic Mixed Food Diet
* 25% vitamin enriched cockatiel seed mix
* 25% cockatiel pellets
* 25% vegetables, dark leafy greens and fruit
* 15% cooked rice, corn, bean mixture
* 10% table foods, grains, cereal, bread, pasta ,cheese, meat etc.
* Fresh drinking water daily
Pellet Based Diets
* 80% pellets--(pellets in food dish all day and night)
* 20% fruit, vegetables, nutritious table food and seeds
* Cuttlebone and mineral block.
* Fresh drinking water daily.
A cockatiel should consume approximately 1/3 cup of pellets over a 3-day period. Cockatiels in maintenance (not young growing birds or adult breeding birds) will only eat a total of 15 grams of high energy food per day, regardless of the combination of foods eaten.
Vitamin Supplements should not be given to birds on a pellet based diet. This can cause vitamin and mineral overdose toxicity, resulting in the same type of health problems as a vitamin deficiency.
Adding vitamins to the water, for birds on other diets, causes bacteria to grow on the bottom of the dish. Use a powder vitamin and sprinkle over fresh food instead.
*Dog Comet Golden Retriever
No Sand Keets