Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#1926 - 12/11/04 10:25 PM Sunny - Bath - Towel
Nicholas Offline
Companion

Loc: Effingham
Today I brought Sunny in the shower with me for the first time.
I let her sit on the shampoo rack and just stare at me for a little while, then I slowly brought her into the warm water. She sort of freaked out, but afterwards whenever I got out, I wrapped her up in a towel, and she LOVED it.
She snuggled into the towel, and refused to come out. She'd peck at me, nicely, but the whole "I'm happy, leave me alone." Kind of peck. smile
As well, I just got done feeding my birds carrots.
I put it in the new "vegetable" container.
Hopefully they'll like it.

Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Twitter Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Facebook Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to MySpace Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Del.icio.us Digg Sunny - Bath - Towel Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Yahoo My Web Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Google Bookmarks Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Stumbleupon Add Sunny - Bath - Towel to Reddit
#1927 - 12/11/04 10:28 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
getlow316 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
Thats cool Nicholas, I'm gonna try the shower thing too some day! -Scott

Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Twitter Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Facebook Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to MySpace Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Reddit
#1928 - 12/11/04 10:30 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Zoe and Kiwi Offline
Friend

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Thats so cute, I love the idea of taking the birds into the shower. mine arn't tame enough yet though. I think my parents might think Im weird but o well.... They already call me a bird brain because I buy them stuff ALL the time. You dont think that the pressure or temperature in the shower is too rough or hot for them?

Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Twitter Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Facebook Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to MySpace Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Stumbleupon Add Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel to Reddit
#1929 - 12/11/04 10:31 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Kacey_Bugsy_777 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Arizona
That's really cute about the snuggling in the towel!!! smile I am going to try the shower thing on friday. A long way away, but that's gonna be a week from her last bath.

#1930 - 12/11/04 10:32 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Nicholas Offline
Companion

Well I turned down the temperature, and I put her on the edge of the spray so that she'd get misted... and then if he got REALLY excited she would just venture into the direct spraying, and then flutter away lol.
It was cool.
She's so clean and shiny looking now, smile I'm happy to see her so good looking.

#1931 - 12/11/04 10:33 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
getlow316 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Toledo, Ohio
If you switch over to keet stories and photos, you will find a post by Lisa about keets and showers. She explains it pretty good. Thats where I saw it was ok to use a blow drier.

#1932 - 12/11/04 10:36 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Nicholas Offline
Companion

http://www.wineintro.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000003
There, that's the link. smile

#1933 - 12/11/04 10:38 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Zoe and Kiwi Offline
Friend

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Thanks a bunch, that was very helpful! Ill definatly have to try it.

#1934 - 12/11/04 10:50 PM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Nicholas Offline
Companion

No Problem smile .

#1935 - 12/13/04 05:45 AM Re: Sunny - Bath - Towel
Lisa Shea Offline

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Yup Nicholas sounds like he did it perfectly! Keets naturally want to be clean, they want their feathers to be clean. So your aim is to have a gentle warmth, and to start them just at the edge so they get misted a bit but can get more water if they want it.

Of course a shower can be scary. So sometimes it might take a few showers before your keet learns that it's a comfortable place. It's up to the keet. Others might be ready to leap into the water on the very first shower try smile

I also recommend cupping your hands and making a little pool of water. That way your keet realizes this is like a big bathtub and splashes in your hands smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
HELP
by Kymber
Yesterday at 06:57 PM
Egg Laying
by Jacquie
04/18/14 05:24 PM
Has anyone used dead sea minerals cosmetics?
by oliviaavaxj
04/18/14 03:56 PM
Good Morning!
by Jacquie
04/18/14 07:31 AM
New keet!
by Kymber
04/16/14 05:35 PM
Perches
by Jacquie
04/14/14 06:32 PM
Yoga
by jilly
04/10/14 05:38 PM
Recycling toothpaste tubes
by jilly
04/10/14 05:35 PM
Watercoloring Flowers
by jilly
04/10/14 05:23 PM
Planting Saffron
by jilly
04/10/14 05:21 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site