Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#201092 - 07/21/07 06:51 PM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: LordsLady]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
I will pray that God leads you to the ministry that you both would have a passion for. Wouldn't that be awesome?

In October, my wife, Marge and I are invited to a Gay and Lesbian event in Tampa that my daughter from California will be attending. A couple of years ago, I wrote a piece for what was called something like Footprints or Paws, where different authors and others of what they call The Family, and their friends, read from some work of theirs. My daughter read mine.

Marge and I attended several events with her when Marge was a travel nurse in California in 2003. Most of The Family are amazed when kin of Gays and Lesbians are openly supportive of them.

I'm thinking of writing a piece to take with me, wherein I discuss how and why my position has changed over the years. Not that I ever have been homophobic or judgmental.

Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Twitter Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Facebook Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to MySpace Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lesbians in the Church Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Reddit
#201099 - 07/21/07 06:59 PM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: Carl]
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Florida
Thanks....that would be awesome. Please if you don't mind, share with me at least whatever you write. I too have never been homophobic. My husband's cousin is a Lesbian and she and I have an awesome relationship. She lives near us now and we have been helping each other out by taking care of our elderly parents. Her mom who is Mike's aunt lives with her and she too needs to have supervision since she tends to fall alot. She has been very blessed that she has never fractured anything each time she falls. My mom fractures everytime she falls. Anyway, I would be interested in reading what you write if you don't mind sharing.

Blessings,

Emilie

Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Twitter Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Facebook Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to MySpace Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lesbians in the Church Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lesbians in the Church to Reddit
#201209 - 07/22/07 12:28 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: LordsLady]
Niki Offline
Best Friend

Loc: New York
Quote:
Many Christians engage in sexual relations, and only think of it as sin if it is in adultery, or hurting another. Why should love be considered a sin?

You tell me that God says so, but I cannot believe that.

Actually most Christians I'd say see sexual relations as wrong if it's pre/extra-marital, polygamous, homoxeual, "perverse," and really a lot of other things. Many which aren't completely biblical, but that's beside the point. Love isn't a sin. I try to stray away from saying what's sin and what's not, but I fall into it still, many times. I don't believe we're measured by the letter of the law any longer but by our love.

However, I can't believe something contrary to the scriptures. If anything, it's what I stick to. And apparently homosexuality is not a sin but unnatural and despised as a practice. I don't see it anywhere as God's purpose for mankind, or anything He smiles upon. I know people then say "how can God hate a love between two people?" then making the connection that therefore, God makes love a sin. But many people have done things in the name of "love" including chopping up their wife and putting her in the freezer, or killing their children to spare them from the pain of life or potential "hell." Perhaps it can then be said that "homosexuality hurts no one," I'd say it hurts them.

Not a welcomed view point, but I'm trying to do that whole stand by my beliefs instead of walking the line that I was suggested against.

Forgive my grammar, it's real bad right now. I'm a little rusty, it'll clear up once I have my computer back and running.

#201210 - 07/22/07 01:05 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: Niki]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
My point was that most people engage in sexual relations - even Christians. And it is true that some Christians feel any sex is wrong and evil. But they do it anyway. And more Christians feel that it is okay between committed adults. If it's a sin, they feel, then it is no more so than going five miles over the speed limit.

Some Christians are homosexuals and have desires like everyone else. Why condemn them for the same thing that heterosexuals feel and do? If it's a sin, why is it more so than for the heterosexual?

And why is sex that harms nobody a sin, anyway?

Niki, you said the homosexuality hurts them. Does heterosexuality hurt the heterosexual? Would a person have to renounce sex altogether in order to be "good?"

I think the "abomination" of sins should be hate. IMO there is far too much hate of anyone deemed different.

And each of us is different. God forbid that we ever have to pretend to be alike in order to "fit in" and not be attacked or judged.

#201213 - 07/22/07 06:23 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: Carl]
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: bude , cornwall
to say that homosexuality hurts those who practise it is deeply patronising and pretty ignortant, isn't it?

BudeStrings Music Tuition

#201219 - 07/22/07 09:23 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: janimal]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK

#201220 - 07/22/07 09:25 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: janimal]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Originally Posted By: janimal
to say that homosexuality hurts those who practise it is deeply patronising and pretty ignortant, isn't it?

Yes it is ~ and rude, unfeeling, hurtful and generally very unpleasant.

#201224 - 07/22/07 09:56 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: PDM]
LordsLady Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Florida
Any sin hurts the person themselves. However, as believers, we must show love to everyone, that includes homosexuals. I went to school with a homosexual young man and he was one of my best friends. He took alot of abuse from others in the school.
Myself and one other person were his only friends.

Jesus never put down the person themself, but rather whatever sin they were involved in. He loved them no matter what and died for them no matter what. God does not distinguish one sin from another. I don't believe homosexuality hurts a person more than any other relationship would. Heterosexuals have their own set of problems and are hurt just as often. As believers, we must stop segregating homosexuals as more sinful than others. We must become more accepting of everyone.

As I said before, I have at least three people in my family (includes my husband's family) who are Gay. I get along with all of them and love them dearly. I don't judge them nor ridicule them for their lifestyle. That is between them and God, just as the sins we commit daily are between us and God.

Blessings,

Emilie

#201228 - 07/22/07 10:52 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Originally Posted By: Carl
My point was that most people engage in sexual relations - even Christians. And it is true that some Christians feel any sex is wrong and evil. ....
Some Christians are homosexuals and have desires like everyone else. Why condemn them for the same thing that heterosexuals feel and do? If it's a sin, why is it more so than for the heterosexual?

And why is sex that harms nobody a sin, anyway?

Well it isn't, is it?

Yes, there are indeed people who find the idea of some heterosexual practices unpleasant and so I can understand people finding the idea of some homosexual ptactices unpleasant.

But is it sinful?

Without sex there would be no more children. 'God's creation' would come to an end.

So sex isn't a sin ~ it can't be.

You cannot just condemn it because it isn't something that appeals to you. On that basis you cannot condemn homosexuality either.

Now, as for condemning it because of the Bible ~ there are so many sins listed in the Bible that we wouldn't know where to start. But it's not in the 'Ten Commandments' and it's not against Jesus's one commandment ~ love one another.

#201233 - 07/22/07 11:04 AM Re: Lesbians in the Church [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Originally Posted By: Carl
Sometimes I think the "taking the Lord's name in vain" applies the most when people decide what excludes them from God's love, and allows them to rationalize "banning" them from their church (not God's church, by the way, because they are not really in charge of that).

Interesting point ~ ideal for a new thread:

Taking the Lord's Name in Vain
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=201232&page=0#Post201232

Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Broken Images
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
Sick Baby- Please Help
by Pretty Peaches
Yesterday at 04:48 PM
Female parakeet nesting?
by 1950
Yesterday at 12:58 PM
Mystery Story A Day
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:05 AM
How can I tame a pair of budgies?
by Mel51989
Yesterday at 10:04 AM
Time Management Course
by Sony Raycom
Yesterday at 06:28 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
09/30/14 05:17 PM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/29/14 07:09 PM
Into the Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
09/29/14 07:06 PM
questions about Tweety......
by Ashley Horan
09/28/14 04:09 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site