My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#196610 - 07/03/07 09:42 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: SpookyMark]
Tequila Offline
Companion

Loc: Virginia
SpookyMark, I also have the "Without Remorse" book from Tom Clancy. Thanks for bringing it up! Pretty much brings out the beginnings of John Clarke (Sam Fisher:Splinter Cell=my 2nd favorite), my favorite character in all of the Clancy novels. A certified, bona-fide bad***!

Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Twitter Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Facebook Add Re: does anyone know any good books to MySpace Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Del.icio.us Digg Re: does anyone know any good books Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Yahoo My Web Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Google Bookmarks Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Stumbleupon Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Reddit
#196943 - 07/05/07 02:12 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: Tequila]
Cetan Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Michigan
I love mysteries. Right now I'm reading Jane Haddem's Gergor Demarkian books, JM Hayes an d Nancy Pickard. I loved all the Cadfael books, Tony Hillerman, JA Jance

Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Twitter Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Facebook Add Re: does anyone know any good books to MySpace Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Del.icio.us Digg Re: does anyone know any good books Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Yahoo My Web Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Google Bookmarks Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Stumbleupon Add Re: does anyone know any good books to Reddit
#198625 - 07/11/07 11:39 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: PDM]
Birdie Menagerie Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: PDM
Originally Posted By: Birdie Menagerie
[size:14pt][font:Comic Sans MS]I just finished the trilogy by Maureen Lee. They are Lights Out Liverpool, Put Out The Fires, and Through The Storm. I thought that they were absolutely great. The stories take place during World War II in Liverpool, Bootle to be exact. It's about the lives of the people who live on the same street.

If you like those, I think you might like Helen Forrester's autobiographical books about Liverpool. (I may have mentioned them before.) They are brilliant.

You mentioned one of her books, and my mother-in-law sent me all four of the autobiographical books. I want more and more books of that era and of the same type.

I love those stories where they are about life of the ordinary, and not a romance, and not of the wealthy.[/font][/size]

1EleanorRigby

#200423 - 07/18/07 09:09 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: Coco's Mama]
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Rochester, Michigan
anything by Harlan Coben. He's an amazing writer.

plus... mmm.

i read a lot of psychology-related books, so here are some good ones i've read this summer.

As Nature Made Him
A Child Called "It"
(all books by Torey Hayden)
A Beautiful Mind
An Unquiet Mind.

www.skgeckos.com

#200793 - 07/20/07 03:16 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: The_Zookeeper]
Theme Offline
Companion

( Inheritance Trilogy )
Eragon/Eldest = Christoper Paolini

Fantasy/Sci-Fiction
Summary : A boy finds a beautiful stone and the stone hatches a blue dragon. The boy and dragon is persued by the evil king Galbatorix's henchmen, which killed Eragons Uncle. Now, seeking revenge, Eragon and his dragon, with the guidance of an old storyteller, tries to track down the evil Razac. Along the why, they meet suprising characters, and joins the Varden, a group of rebels amoung the Galbatorix's kingdom in an independant state called SURDA.

=D that book is the most amazing book ive read! Eragon is book one and Eldest is the second.

#200795 - 07/20/07 03:22 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: Theme]
Theme Offline
Companion

( Keys to the Kingdom ) - Garth Nix

Fantasy/Sci-Fiction

http://www.scholastic.com/titles/keys/books.htm#wednesday

I must say, these books are great! I love Garth Nix =D

#207329 - 08/14/07 02:27 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: Theme]
Birdie Menagerie Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Georgia
I'm currently reading: The House at Riverton, by Kate Morton. I think its terrific.

1EleanorRigby

#213191 - 09/08/07 06:20 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: Jay]
JenniAnne Offline
Regular

Loc: Minnesota
This is the topic that never ends, so I'll go ahead and add to it. I have been recommending to everyone I know they read soon:

Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy

The Golden Compass (or Northern Lights if you're a Brit)
The Subtle Knife
The Amber Spyglass

I say soon because The Golden Compass movie is being released in December starring Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig, and I hate seeing a movie or even trailers for a movie if I haven't already read the book (if it's a good book that is).

They are marketed as young adult fiction but are great for adults as well--as all good kid's books are. On the surface it is a fantasy adventure story about an orphaned girl, however it is actually a modern, post-Christian retelling of Milton's Paradise Lost. Don't let that put you off though, they are completely readable and entertaining even if you miss/ignore the religious themes.

#214219 - 09/13/07 08:08 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: JenniAnne]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Welcome JenniAnne. smile

I think my daughter has read a couple of those ~ and I have been tempted, myself ~ maybe I'll give them a try.

Thanks!

#216166 - 09/22/07 02:42 PM Re: does anyone know any good books [Re: PDM]
Faith says hi Offline
Best Friend

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
and
Through the Looking Glass

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Good Morning!
by Kymber
Yesterday at 05:32 PM
Has anyone used dead sea minerals cosmetics?
by oliviaavaxj
Yesterday at 04:24 AM
New keet!
by Kymber
04/16/14 05:35 PM
Perches
by Jacquie
04/14/14 06:32 PM
HELP
by jilly
04/12/14 07:48 PM
Egg Laying
by Jacquie
04/11/14 06:12 PM
Yoga
by jilly
04/10/14 05:38 PM
Recycling toothpaste tubes
by jilly
04/10/14 05:35 PM
Watercoloring Flowers
by jilly
04/10/14 05:23 PM
Planting Saffron
by jilly
04/10/14 05:21 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site