Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#352235 - 02/16/09 07:20 PM McCruelty
*helwa
Unregistered

Dear Aminah, Click to watch the video. On September 5, 2000, PETA placed an indefinite moratorium on our McCruelty campaign when McDonald's agreed to require basic improvements in the way that its suppliers treat animals. Since then, PETA has tried to work with the company to make further improvements in the way that its chickens are slaughtered in the U.S.—but McDonald's has refused to do anything more to eliminate the worst abuses that chickens killed for its restaurants suffer. All of McDonald's U.S. chicken suppliers use a system called "electrical immobilization" to kill birds, which involves dumping birds out of transport crates and hanging them upside-down in metal shackles—often resulting in broken bones, extreme bruising, and hemorrhaging. The birds then have their throats cut while they are still conscious and are often immersed in tanks of scalding-hot water while they are still alive and able to feel pain. We are lifting our moratorium on the McCruelty campaign and need your help to persuade McDonald's to demand that its suppliers switch to a less cruel method of chicken slaughter called controlled-atmosphere killing, or CAK. Every published report on controlled-atmosphere killing systems to date—including a 2005 study by McDonald's—concludes that it is the least cruel form of poultry slaughter available. And some of McDonald's suppliers in Europe already use the system! Please write to McDonald's today and demand that it phase in the exclusive use of controlled-atmosphere killing of chickens by requiring that its suppliers switch to this method over time. You can also help by cross-posting this e-mail message and forwarding it to others who are interested in standing up for animals. Thank you for your continued support and for all that you do for animals! Sincerely, Tracy Reiman Executive Vice President [url=http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=McCruelty_8thcut_final_2_12_09-STD&Player=wm]click here for video[/url] http://www.mccruelty.com/

Add McCruelty to Twitter Add McCruelty to Facebook Add McCruelty to MySpace Add McCruelty to Del.icio.us Digg McCruelty Add McCruelty to Yahoo My Web Add McCruelty to Google Bookmarks Add McCruelty to Stumbleupon Add McCruelty to Reddit
#352236 - 02/16/09 07:20 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: ]
*helwa
Unregistered

imagine that was your pet bird being hung and electrecuted that way.

would you still think it was "just a bird" or "just a chicken"

Add Re: McCruelty to Twitter Add Re: McCruelty to Facebook Add Re: McCruelty to MySpace Add Re: McCruelty to Del.icio.us Digg Re: McCruelty Add Re: McCruelty to Yahoo My Web Add Re: McCruelty to Google Bookmarks Add Re: McCruelty to Stumbleupon Add Re: McCruelty to Reddit
#352240 - 02/16/09 07:32 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: ]
Pudgie's mom
Unregistered

Good grief -- that's appalling... frown

Add Re: McCruelty to Twitter Add Re: McCruelty to Facebook Add Re: McCruelty to MySpace Add Re: McCruelty to Del.icio.us Digg Re: McCruelty Add Re: McCruelty to Yahoo My Web Add Re: McCruelty to Google Bookmarks Add Re: McCruelty to Stumbleupon Add Re: McCruelty to Reddit
#352241 - 02/16/09 07:35 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: ]
CassandraM_89 Offline
Best Friend

Loc: California
Thats disgusting...I already don't eat from Kentucky Fried Chicken and now I won't eat at mc donalds. I'm running out of fast food places

#352302 - 02/17/09 11:49 AM Re: McCruelty [Re: CassandraM_89]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
I don't want to watch it, but I'll be wary of McDonalds in future. frown

#352329 - 02/17/09 01:46 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: PDM]
Darkness Offline
Soulmate

I think the video is awful, but I personally despise chickens. I will admit that. I have killed chickens by the ringing of the neck method while they were still alive and didn't mind because I don't like them. They smell, they are noisy and I don't see them as the birds I have but just being chickens.

I honestly don't like other birds but the ones I own. I see seagulls and crows and sparrows and I can't stand them. Before I got the keets and lovies, I really hated birds. I still do. It's a weird thing with me.

It sucks how they slaughter animals, but I love to eat chicken nuggets as do my youngest son and as long as I don't see it happen, I'll continue to eat it.

#352331 - 02/17/09 01:49 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: Darkness]
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend

I'm sorry if this is blunt, but because you don't like chickens you think they deserve such torture?

#352334 - 02/17/09 01:56 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: ___JA]
Darkness Offline
Soulmate

i don't have any feelings towards them at all.

#352335 - 02/17/09 02:02 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: Darkness]
___JA Offline
Long Time Friend

...I'm just not sure what to say to that.

#352337 - 02/17/09 02:06 PM Re: McCruelty [Re: ___JA]
Darkness Offline
Soulmate

Sometimes I'm just not sure to believe Peta because they go to the extremes. I can't feel anything towards a chicken because I just have no feelings for them. I'm sure it's awful how they're killed, but there's really nothing that's going to change that.

As long as they don't do it in front of me I'm still going to eat the food. I have killed many different types of farm animals and though it wasn't pleasant for the animal, it had to be done. I didn't have any emotional attachment to them.

I love my pets, but other animals used for consumption I could care less about. It's sad but it's true. I need to eat. I eat meat. As long as I don't know or hear how they're killed to get to my plate, I'm fine with it.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Broken Images
by Lisa Shea
Today at 06:54 PM
Sick Baby- Please Help
by Pretty Peaches
Today at 04:48 PM
Female parakeet nesting?
by 1950
Today at 12:58 PM
Mystery Story A Day
by Lisa Shea
Today at 11:05 AM
How can I tame a pair of budgies?
by Mel51989
Today at 10:04 AM
Time Management Course
by Sony Raycom
Today at 06:28 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 05:17 PM
BellaOnline Ebook Award
by Lisa Shea
09/29/14 07:09 PM
Into the Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
09/29/14 07:06 PM
questions about Tweety......
by Ashley Horan
09/28/14 04:09 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site