Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#386580 - 10/17/09 08:26 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
Originally Posted By: IronFront
Originally Posted By: Carl
I don't exactly like the message. Believe it or not, some people do need drugs and sex to cope.

I don't begrudge anyone the decisions to cope as they want. However, apparently you see the "message" differently than I do. To me, the message is to live in the now and to enjoy loving and being loved - the day in and day out routine of life. None of us can really throw stones about how we cope (or do not). I certainly can't. And unlike the singer of this song, I can't deny that I have not "been there" for my loved ones all the time.

Yet, I like the message that I can continue living my imperfect life and enjoy the journey. Amidst the highs are all kinds of hassles and problems and worries. But that's life.

Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Twitter Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Facebook Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to MySpace Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lyrics that are special for you Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Reddit
#386581 - 10/17/09 08:30 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Also, by the way, I didn't question the one you felt special. I thought the topic was what was special to each of us. Even if nobody thought the song I posted was special, it yet is special to me.

Also, for the record, I'm not against sex, or drugs. Abuse - I am against.

Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Twitter Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Facebook Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to MySpace Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lyrics that are special for you Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Reddit
#386582 - 10/17/09 09:39 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

Also, by the way, I didn't question the one you felt special. I thought the topic was what was special to each of us. Even if nobody thought the song I posted was special, it yet is special to me.
I was questioning the message of the song, not whether or not it's special for you. I'm sure if I posted this song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7XctjiLpXU you'd say something. If not, you're just being too tolerant.

#386583 - 10/17/09 10:31 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Let me just say politely but firmly that I just don't need the hassle from you or people like you. I don't need this board. And this board doesn't need me. You just be as tolerant, or not, as you want.

#386584 - 10/17/09 10:40 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

Let me just say politely but firmly that I just don't need the hassle from you or people like you. I don't need this board. And this board doesn't need me. You just be as tolerant, or not, as you want.
...Ok?

#386585 - 10/17/09 10:53 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Austin, Texas
Hey Carl, I'm glad you're here!

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin

#386586 - 10/17/09 11:10 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: tweetymom]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Thanks, Dinah. Mostly I'm just PM-ing with a few right now. I'm fed up with the acrimonious stuff. Discussion is one thing, but IMO there's way too much of putting others down. Not my board, so not my call. But I can choose whether to post or not. I thought the topic interesting, but it's not interesting enough to feed another's ego.

#386588 - 10/17/09 11:51 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

Carl, I have no idea what you're talking about.

#386620 - 10/18/09 01:38 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
PDM Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
... I thought the topic was what was special to each of us. ...

That's what it seems to say.

I suppose, though, that by putting forward a comment ~ by giving us one's 'special' lyics ~ one is also inviting responses ~ and, then, one can respond to those responses.

As with any thread, we don't want it to degenerate into unpleasantness and / or personal arguments.

Originally Posted By: IronFront
[To Carl]
I'm sure if I posted this song -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7XctjiLpXU
you'd say something. If not, you're just being too tolerant.

But you didn't post it, so how is that relevant?
And how can you claim to assume ~ be 'sure' ~ whether / how, if you did post it, someone would, or would not, respond?

Edited by PDM (10/18/09 01:51 PM)

#386621 - 10/18/09 02:00 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: PDM]
PDM Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: Defiance, Ohio ~ 'Hey Kathleen, Are You Hungry?'
... how can i help but feel depressed .....?
... smoke and drink the world away.....?
... what am i searching for?
is there a better way to live?
why am i hopeless? ...

Originally Posted By: Due West ~ 'I Get That All The Time'
When I'm kneeling down
and feeling all those little arms around me
and my wife has got the bedroom in her eyes.
Yeah, Buddy, when you get that kind of love,
it's the only kind of drug,
that gives peace of mind in this crazy life of mine.

Due West ~ 'I Get That All The Time':
http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=8&id=1032844

I see how these two sets of lyrics go well together.

The first asks the question:
'... is there a better way to live? '

The second replies:
'...when you get that kind of love,
it's the only kind of drug,
that gives peace of mind ...'

Edited by PDM (10/18/09 02:01 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Tango... and perching...:)
by Jacquie
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
question regarding getting parakeets as a pet
by Kymber
Yesterday at 07:55 AM
HELP
by Kymber
04/20/14 06:57 PM
Egg Laying
by Jacquie
04/18/14 05:24 PM
Has anyone used dead sea minerals cosmetics?
by oliviaavaxj
04/18/14 03:56 PM
Good Morning!
by Jacquie
04/18/14 07:31 AM
New keet!
by Kymber
04/16/14 05:35 PM
Perches
by Jacquie
04/14/14 06:32 PM
Yoga
by jilly
04/10/14 05:38 PM
Recycling toothpaste tubes
by jilly
04/10/14 05:35 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site