Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#386629 - 10/18/09 08:39 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: PDM]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

I can see where you're going PDM, but the first song was written as an anti-capitalism song. The second is showing how to improve your happiness in a capitalistic society.

Originally Posted By: PDM

But you didn't post it, so how is that relevant?
And how can you claim to assume ~ be 'sure' ~ whether / how, if you did post it, someone would, or would not, respond?
Because I'm assuming that he doesn't like the message of that song and would comment on it. I didn't like the message of his song and I commented on it.

Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Twitter Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Facebook Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to MySpace Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lyrics that are special for you Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Reddit
#386631 - 10/18/09 08:49 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Austin, Texas
IronFront, not many people would or could ask the person who wrote/sang a song! IMO, you seemed like you were trying to pick a fight with anyone!

So are you upset that he didn't reply the way you wanted him to?

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin

Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Twitter Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Facebook Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to MySpace Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lyrics that are special for you Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lyrics that are special for you to Reddit
#386638 - 10/18/09 09:46 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: IronFront
I can see where you're going PDM, but the first song was written as an anti-capitalism song. The second is showing how to improve your happiness in a capitalistic society.
Or showing how to cope in the face of adversity / tempation/ whatever.

#386642 - 10/18/09 10:28 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
To tell the truth, I first saw the topic & first post AFTER it had been edited by PDM. And I only skimmed the repost (with permission?). I was responding to what I thought the implied invitation to post what was my/our lyrics that is/are special to me/us.

I never thought that I didn't like the first set of lyrics, nor did I consciously decide to offset them with another direction. In fact, about a week or more ago, I posted the same links on Facebook (to the Due West song). I had heard the song on the radio while driving in my truck. I was struck once again about how one can truly feel alive, and appreciate, the joys of everyday life - even in the midst of life's problems, if one allows oneself to do so.

None of you know the life I've had, nor do I know yours. IMO, I've had plenty to "excuse" coping behavior. But I've learned to stop making excuses. Instead, I have become willing to forgive myself for my imperfections and falling short, and to take satisfaction in the achievements that I would laud others for. Why not give myself the same breaks I give others?

And I redefine or refocus goals.

One goal is to enjoy and love grandchildren, family, and friends. I am successful - perhaps not in their expectations (and sometimes not in mine), but in the perspective of who I am and what my strengths and talents are.

As I alluded to before, I am NOT against sex nor drugs. I've had my share of recreatonal pot, and liked it. I won't comment on whether I've had my share of recreational sex (or less, or more), but I can tell you that the so-called golden years are indeed golden when you're married to the person who stirs your very soul.

While I can understand your point, PDM, about posts being open to comment (and you've made the point before), I thought this topic was like where we posted what our favorite songs were. To be fair, I DID say I liked the Due West message in that song, and I didn't specify what I saw the message to be - maybe because I subconsciously was apprehensive about hanging myself out for attack. Lately, that has been happening way too often on here.

Maybe I should start a thread inviting posts and then attack each one who posts? No, that's just not my style.

Oh, as far as capitalistic jargon, sorry, I just don't want to get into that. I've been poor all my life, and am happy just to have food to eat, a comfortable environment, and toys to play with (sorry about the ending preposition, those of you who insist on proper grammar & spelling).

#386643 - 10/18/09 10:39 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: Carl]
tweetymom Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Austin, Texas
I agree, Carl, I feel the same about life, love and the persuit of the above.

I do think, however, that a lot of the posters on here are pretty young and I am reluctant to put myself out there usually. EEEk!

RIP precious Merlin
7/11/1990-11/17/2009
RIP Tweetylove
5/13/2010
Rest with Merlin

#386645 - 10/18/09 10:44 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: tweetymom]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

I still have no idea why you feel like I was attacking you.

#386651 - 10/18/09 11:58 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: IronFront]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Let's just assume that there has been some misunderstanding here and that the way certain posts were worded led others to infer that something negative was being said, when, apparently, it wasn't.

Just for the record, I think that if anyone posts anything on a discussion forum, then it is up for discussion ~ within the rules & ethos of the board.

#390522 - 11/29/09 04:41 PM Re: Lyrics that are special for you [Re: kksuns]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
yowo/IronFront- If you ever get on the forums again, say something here. It'd be cool to talk to you again...however odd that sounds, haha.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:55 PM
National Geographic Photo Contest
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:13 PM
updates and LOTS of questions need help!??
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 07:00 PM
Into the Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 06:54 PM
New Cockatiel
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Any advice anyone would care to share would be soo
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:29 PM
New Cockatiel
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
getting somewhere with my parakeets...finally!
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:14 PM
Please Help! Urgent Medical Question
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:09 PM
Mused Winter Solstice
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site