Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#388398 - 11/06/09 07:05 AM Bucket List
Lisa Shea Online   content

Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: US
We just watched bucket list in the background while Pinto slept against me. It was a "cute" movie, the storyline went about the way you would assume. They visited some gorgeous landscapes along the way.

Most of us do not have billionaires to help us realize our bucket lists. Still, what would be on your bucket list?

I would really like to go with my father to Brazil. He grew up there as a teenager and has always wanted to go back. He is having more and more trouble walking, so I think we would need to go soon - but that is a lot of money. We will see.

Add Bucket List to Twitter Add Bucket List to Facebook Add Bucket List to MySpace Add Bucket List to Del.icio.us Digg Bucket List Add Bucket List to Yahoo My Web Add Bucket List to Google Bookmarks Add Bucket List to Stumbleupon Add Bucket List to Reddit
#388403 - 11/06/09 07:37 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

Loc: Asheville, NC
Maybe part of my life issues is that I really have done everything i wanted to. I've been on amazing multi-pitch rock climbs, lived in my RV, done month long expeditions in canoes, traveled alone in several lovely countries for long periods of time, been top of my classes in college, backpacked in mountains/deserts/canyons, galloped horses on the beach, crawled/climbed/rappelled/camped in caves, rafted, kayaked, cycled, flew planes, loved, published, gave to community and charity, sailed/snorkeled/swam the seas, made art, sang, acted, DJ'ed, crafted, gardened, taught, inspired, laughed, learned, studied, explored ruins and palaces, raised/fostered wonderful pets, had dozens of interesting and amazingly diverse careers...I can't think of anything else I need to do.

You'd think i'd be insanely happy. The bucket idea is not really what people think it is.

App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

Add Re: Bucket List to Twitter Add Re: Bucket List to Facebook Add Re: Bucket List to MySpace Add Re: Bucket List to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bucket List Add Re: Bucket List to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bucket List to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bucket List to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bucket List to Reddit
#388407 - 11/06/09 09:07 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: jilly]

Platinum Star Soulmate

Jilly - it sounds like you have fantastic memories of all these amazing things you have done!

I feel that is a key part of the process, building memories which sustain you.

Do you enjoy thinking back about those trips, and then fun times you had?

Do you imagine, if you had done none of those things, that you might be now wishing you were able to?

Add Re: Bucket List to Twitter Add Re: Bucket List to Facebook Add Re: Bucket List to MySpace Add Re: Bucket List to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Bucket List Add Re: Bucket List to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Bucket List to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Bucket List to Stumbleupon Add Re: Bucket List to Reddit
#388522 - 11/07/09 04:31 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

I don't really know how to answer this one. These things I've done are basically who I am. It is hard to answer that question about if I had NOT done those things. I would be left with nothing else.

#388527 - 11/07/09 06:20 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: jilly]

Platinum Star Soulmate

Let's say, though, that you had never flown planes. Maybe right now you would be thinking, "It would be so cool if I had a chance to fly a plane! I dream about flying, and I would get to do it in real life!"

#388610 - 11/07/09 10:15 PM Re: Bucket List [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

I'll have to give that some thought.

Does anyone else have a bucket list?

#388615 - 11/07/09 10:43 PM Re: Bucket List [Re: jilly]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
I have done a lot of things in my life. There are adventures that were part of my life.

The bucket list seems to me to be something that has nothing to do with your life but you have always wanted to do. I have had this list for a long time and have checked quite a few things off of it.

An example would be riding the subway in New York. It has nothing to do with anything except I wanted to do it. Take a cab, walk down Broadway. My bucket list is pretty simple acts, but not necessarily simple to achieve.

#388632 - 11/08/09 01:17 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: BLR]

Platinum Star Soulmate

Those are some pretty cool items BLR! I did enjoy going to Times Square, just to see it in person.

Jilly - how about having a dream house? Wouldn't that be a neat bucket list istem? Something to look forward to?

I have traveled a lot - but even so I would love to go to Japan someday. I would love to go to the temples there and just sit for a while.

#388640 - 11/08/09 01:47 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

I don't want to force things into the list, to be honest. To me, a bucket list is "things I want to do before I die." I don't really have anything I need in that bucket. I think that is a nice thing. smile

#388650 - 11/08/09 02:58 AM Re: Bucket List [Re: jilly]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
To me a bucket list is the things that you have said at some time for another - "I would really like to do that someday"

Some of the things that I have wanted to do someday that I have done are - Learn to fly a plane, scuba dive, ride in a helicopter.

I still want to ride a hot air balloon - just about had my husband talked into it at the Balloon Feista and then that balloon crashed. Oh well another time.

I hope I never complete my list. I keep adding as I check things off. They aren't goals, they aren't projects. Just some things that I would like to do someday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
blood on the underside of the wings
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:54 PM
Cages for parakeet
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Getting a cockatiel for christmas...
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:50 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
cockatiel sings if you're happy and you know it
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:39 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:35 PM
to clip the wings or not clip the wings?
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:33 PM
Fake It Until You Make It
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:31 PM
Happy Thanksgiving
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:30 PM
Photos Recreating Paintings
by Lisa Shea
11/26/14 02:46 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site