Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#404774 - 09/25/10 01:13 AM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: illusive Fantasy]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
I have to agree with illusive about making your own cage. I have looked in to it myself before and it's VERY hard to fins safe materials to build with. WOOD does harbor bacteria and all sorts of things, it can nit be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected and HAS to be completely dry after a cleaning.
Do yourself and those pretty birds a favor and check out cages at a pet store or order one online. You know it would break your heart and your kids' hearts if anything were to happen to your birds. frown ie Infections/sickness from unsanitary or toxic cage materials.

Add Re: what sex are my babies to Twitter Add Re: what sex are my babies to Facebook Add Re: what sex are my babies to MySpace Add Re: what sex are my babies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: what sex are my babies Add Re: what sex are my babies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: what sex are my babies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: what sex are my babies to Stumbleupon Add Re: what sex are my babies to Reddit
#404797 - 09/25/10 09:34 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: kksuns]
ahall83 Offline
Great Friend

Loc: illinois
just like i said. i went and got them a new cage. and here it is

Add Re: what sex are my babies to Twitter Add Re: what sex are my babies to Facebook Add Re: what sex are my babies to MySpace Add Re: what sex are my babies to Del.icio.us Digg Re: what sex are my babies Add Re: what sex are my babies to Yahoo My Web Add Re: what sex are my babies to Google Bookmarks Add Re: what sex are my babies to Stumbleupon Add Re: what sex are my babies to Reddit
#404798 - 09/25/10 09:41 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: ahall83]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
hey thats almost...like Cappy cage...same type of design anyway...i believe his is from penn plax..and somewhat bigger..dimensions are 24x14x26 whats the dimensions of your cage...love the blue star swing..Cappy has a couple of ladders too one i put from almost the top of the cage down to the middle perch so he has more floor space too..some say their birds dont go down to floor ..maybe cuz of the wire grate but ive taken out my wire grate and he goes down to play with his toys on the bottom too.

#404799 - 09/25/10 09:48 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: illusive Fantasy]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Yaaay! They got their new digs! Whoot! Congrats smile
I hope the move went smoothly and they are lovin their new house.
I like the star swing too. Cool

#404800 - 09/25/10 09:51 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: illusive Fantasy]
ahall83 Offline
Great Friend

i was actually debating on taking out the wire grate. seems like a pain. i change the paper in the bottom daily anyways. the dimensions are around about 20 long 14 wide and 24 at the highest spot. i got the swing at walmart and had to modify it a bit. it had one of those jingle bells on it so i took it off. thanks for all your help. btw did you have an opinion on the sex of the birds?

#404801 - 09/25/10 09:52 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: ahall83]
ahall83 Offline
Great Friend

kk whenever food is involved the move goes smooth haha doug hopped right in as soon as i took the food out of the old cage and put in the new. and sophia followed her love haha

#404802 - 09/25/10 10:55 PM Re: what sex are my babies [Re: ahall83]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Glad the move went well. Leave it to the "guy" to follow the food! LOL

I think it's MUCH easier changing paper towels than scraping poo off the grate every day and scrubbin it all the time.Even chopped veggies can be a pain to clean off grate. I've always used paper towels on bottom and change them 2/day.
If the grate is removable and removing it does not create a space big enough for them to escape at the bottom, by all means remove it.
I think they like having a flat surface to walk/play on. It's good for their feet to be able to stretch now and then and not have to wrap around something all the time.

Enjoy your new digs D n S smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Haiku of the Great Blue Hill
by Lisa Shea
Today at 01:54 AM
If you were God
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Native American Novella
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Winter Solstice Issue of Mused Literary Review
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
$9M in stolen art
by Lisa Shea
12/20/14 05:40 PM
Classic Art - Redone
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 08:00 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:17 PM
Christmas Paintings
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:06 PM
National Geographic Photo Contest
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 09:13 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site