my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#405105 - 10/06/10 08:46 PM R.I.P sapphire
Flame100 Offline

my parakeet, Sapphire died. I dont know what happened but in the morning she was on the floor. I don't want pets anymore cry its just too painful.

Add R.I.P sapphire to Twitter Add R.I.P sapphire to Facebook Add R.I.P sapphire to MySpace Add R.I.P sapphire to Del.icio.us Digg R.I.P sapphire Add R.I.P sapphire to Yahoo My Web Add R.I.P sapphire to Google Bookmarks Add R.I.P sapphire to Stumbleupon Add R.I.P sapphire to Reddit
#405106 - 10/06/10 10:33 PM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: Flame100]
SilverRain Offline
Companion

Loc: Odessa, TX
Oh no! Flame, I'm so sorry. frown was she bleeding or anything? Any noticeable abrasions? Did you look her over to see what might have caused the death? Or could it have been old age?

Really sorry to hear this, I've lost two of my own as well. It's really hard, but it'll get better soon.

Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Twitter Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Facebook Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to MySpace Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Del.icio.us Digg Re: R.I.P sapphire Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Yahoo My Web Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Google Bookmarks Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Stumbleupon Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Reddit
#405110 - 10/07/10 02:57 AM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: SilverRain]
protogere Offline
Companion

My sympathies for your loss Flame. I've lost one recently - well two, but one escaped the aviary and I can only hope he found a flock and a tall tree to enjoy.
I understand though the pain you feel, the uncertainty of the hows and whys, and the sadness.
It will get better with time, and hopefully you can come to realize that it is likely nothing you did and that she was loved and cared for til her final moment.
Smile at her memory.

Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Twitter Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Facebook Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to MySpace Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Del.icio.us Digg Re: R.I.P sapphire Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Yahoo My Web Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Google Bookmarks Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Stumbleupon Add Re: R.I.P sapphire to Reddit
#405114 - 10/07/10 04:59 AM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: protogere]
my parakeets Offline

feeling so sad and sorry 4 u. But u give ur sapphire the best thing --unconditional love and care. and in fact u should feel good that ur budgie did not suffer intolerable pain during its last time.

#405118 - 10/07/10 01:18 PM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: my parakeets]
preciousbaby Offline
Friend

Loc: utica, ny
I am so sorry for your loss. I cried just yesterday for missing my Precious Baby girl that passed away on 03/25/2010. I still have her sister, Blossom and I love her so much. It will get better and you loved your baby so. Please take time to grieve!

#405125 - 10/07/10 08:13 PM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: preciousbaby]
Flame100 Offline

i think she died of old age cuz there was no sign of bleeding or anything and there was no stripes on her head. problem is that i got 4 other parakeets and i am so afraid of exeriencing that pain again. she would step up on my hand when i didnt even train her yet and she was my first bird so she was very special.

#405127 - 10/07/10 08:25 PM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: Flame100]
luigiandcandy Offline

Rest in peace sweet sapphire! She is now in a place of endless flight. My thoughts are with you. I hand raised a pied peached face love bird when I was younger and she was my sweet baby. She also died of old age and I cried for days. The pain will ease as the days go by and you will always hold on to wonderful memories of her in your heart.

#405139 - 10/08/10 06:32 PM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: luigiandcandy]
Flame100 Offline

thanks i wish i had more time to mourn but i cant think about anything with all the stupid work i have

#405960 - 11/05/10 04:40 AM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: Flame100]
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Jonesburg, MO
I am just proud that you feel the heartache of losing your little pet. So many animals come and go through this world without a person to care whether they live or breathe, much less die. She had you. She was a happy little bird. Thank you for giving her that. We will outlive all our pets, it's the way of things. They need us, like children, to help them live a productive life. And believe me, no matter how small the creature, they serve a purpose. my deep sympathies.

#407618 - 01/04/11 12:39 AM Re: R.I.P sapphire [Re: JeanneM]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

Loc: Asheville, NC
Flame, I hope things are better for you. I had to put down my very sweet and special kitten this summer, and I still miss him terribly. The special ones stay in our hearts forever. Sapphire was very lucky to have you, and so do your other keets.
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Photos at Clubs
by Lisa Shea
Today at 12:12 AM
Ebook Publishing More Difficult
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Get Your Book Written
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:49 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 02:01 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/21/14 09:54 PM
Reframing your Fears
by Lisa Shea
11/21/14 05:00 PM
artist Corita Kent
by Lisa Shea
11/20/14 07:48 PM
Massachusetts Audubon Photography Contest
by Lisa Shea
11/20/14 03:52 PM
The Power of Photography
by Lisa Shea
11/20/14 03:28 PM
Arts and Brain Aging
by Lisa Shea
11/20/14 02:59 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site