My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#421377 - 01/14/12 01:12 AM Size Difference in my two.
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend

Now they are grown a bit more I thought I'd share some pics to show the size difference, Marley our girl is just a porker lol...Pheonix is much more slimline but not until they are side by side do you really see it. They are caged seperately but get out of cage time together to play (which they just love)

Marley

Again, showing her length a bit better.

and here's the two side by side....Marley has a lot more "fluff" rather than the smooth appearance of Pheonix, her feathers tend to make her look fluffed up quite a bit, but that's her normal look. She also has that solid chest area too (mind you this was after a vegie mash feed so they are a bit full)

Add Size Difference in my two. to Twitter Add Size Difference in my two. to Facebook Add Size Difference in my two. to MySpace Add Size Difference in my two. to Del.icio.us Digg Size Difference in my two. Add Size Difference in my two. to Yahoo My Web Add Size Difference in my two. to Google Bookmarks Add Size Difference in my two. to Stumbleupon Add Size Difference in my two. to Reddit
#421378 - 01/14/12 01:34 AM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
good grief...my oh my have they grown... laugh

for some of you newcomers who dont know Marley is a English Budgie who will continue to fill out as she matures even more hence the fluffy look as english budgies are known for this.

also as she matures for those who dont realize she will take on the more upright position of like what phoenix is doing and for alllll her fluffiness will look very regal..

and these pics even now show more of Phoenix's real color.

im sending a wave from their adopted grammie lol..i hope ive earned the title giggle

Edited by illusive Fantasy (01/14/12 01:36 AM)

Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Twitter Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Facebook Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to MySpace Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Size Difference in my two. Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Reddit
#421379 - 01/14/12 02:02 AM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend

You have absolutely earned it lol.

Thanks smile And yes, a lot of growing to do yet. It's amazing to see the size difference when they are by eachothers side, as they are caged apart it's not all the time I see it. Marley is forever growing, i'm not sure she'll ever stop *laughs*

I am glad that fate gave me these two. It sparked my love for these lovely parakeets. And I feel lucky to have come across such different birds, because I'm always amazed at the difference, in size especially but even in their temperment. Marley is very much the boss of the house, she will let you know if she doesn't want to do something with a good nip, Pheonix is much more shy. I'm not sure if it's due to the way they were raised (Marley was handraised for those who don't know, due to losing a parent) Pheonix was just coming out of needing formula when I got him, so he pretty much weaned himself. Marley had some attachment issues lol, but now she's just such a beautiful bird. Always into michief, and corrupting Pheonix who is mummy's well behaved boy!! Unless Miss Marley is out with him, then it's chaos!!

Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Twitter Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Facebook Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to MySpace Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Size Difference in my two. Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Stumbleupon Add Re: Size Difference in my two. to Reddit
#421384 - 01/14/12 01:33 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
So that is Marley you show being held in your hand? I had no idea the size was different...learning something new everyday! Really cute!
Kathy

#421387 - 01/14/12 03:13 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend

Yup Kathy, thats her as a wee little bub in my hand smile She decided to take a nap lol.

I didn't either, but soon learnt about them when we discovered her species. The English Budgies is much larger in size. She'll grow more than that yet smile

#421415 - 01/15/12 08:25 AM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
Daniellero Offline
Friend

Loc: Boston ma
I love the way marley looks. I havnt seen the English budgies around here. Phoenix is beautiful too.

#421420 - 01/15/12 02:06 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

generally you dont find english budgies to be very available ...they have by genetics a much fluffier appearance with some actually becoming very dramatic giggle...however, because of all this and the drain to their systems of all this with protein etc when they moult and just to maintain their regal appearance they dont live very long and have a overall shorter life span compared to reg. keet.

but their feathers when mature especially by their eyes give a very haughty look to them and the way they perch also...so it is like they make a statement like

ok im here what do you want im king and this is MY domain so dont bother me kind of look giggle..

their diet is also different because of the feathering issues.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (01/15/12 02:07 PM)

#421422 - 01/15/12 03:20 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend

Omg Illusive you just described her to a T! That look is already very much Marley's normal look. She has the attitude to boot aswell. Her feathers around her head are much more fluffed, and they do come down slighly over he eyes. She also has completely different eyes to Pheonix, I don't know if thats species related, but Marley's are just plain black, where as you can see a Pupil in Pheonix' eyes. I will try to get some close ups today, Phenoix doesn't like the camera so I will try for my phone again. lol

#421423 - 01/15/12 03:55 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

i have studied the overall appearance of english budgies and the varieties thereof for some time...some you cant even tell they are a bird with all their feathers in total disarray and its a shame becuz of also the great difficulty it is to the bird to eat and get around an as such they are the shortest lived among english...being unable to even eat properly, never mind preen or the other natural things...its really a type that should not be bred at all.

but yes that sort of visor look to the eye area with the addition of what you described of the actual eye certainly will cause ANYONE to stare at these birds because of the generated attitudal look they give...

they have the single most HIGH SOCIETY HAUGHTY SNOB look of ALL budgies, and dare i might also say of most any other parrot species out there also...where they sit as they do ..and look down their beaks at their realm as they do and the visor eye area just brings that IM HERE AND NOWWWW...why did you summon me i have other business to do (?????)

it is imperative tho that their diets be much higher in protein content than a reg budgies should be and also particularly during the major moult time...which will extend the life of these REGAL looking lil snobs of the birdie realm... laugh

your reg. budgie phoenix tho the added protein would do the exact oppositie to his health and life span...as theirs should be kept at a 11 percent ratio,... or higher will... not could,... but will cause deadly internal issues to say nothing also of tumor problems ...so each need their own specific diet to do well...however, ANY bird needs a increase in protein to the diet when going into a major moult...or as infant babies by that i mean the age of flegling to approx. no more than 8 mos. and or also during egg laying....

and on that note ...grammie sends waves again giggle...with a big <G> laugh

Edited by illusive Fantasy (01/15/12 06:27 PM)

#421431 - 01/15/12 09:54 PM Re: Size Difference in my two. [Re: MarleyandMe]
MarleyandMe Offline
Friend

Here are some better pics of the Ratbags...Pheonix is still wary of my big camera, but as you can see, Marley is a little poser lol

Here's that "look down the nose at you" look you were talking about illusive lol

Water play smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Has anyone used dead sea minerals cosmetics?
by oliviaavaxj
04:24 AM
Good Morning!
by Kymber
05:38 PM
New keet!
by Kymber
05:35 PM
Perches
by Jacquie
04/14/14 06:32 PM
HELP
by jilly
04/12/14 07:48 PM
Egg Laying
by Jacquie
04/11/14 06:12 PM
Yoga
by jilly
04/10/14 05:38 PM
Recycling toothpaste tubes
by jilly
04/10/14 05:35 PM
Watercoloring Flowers
by jilly
04/10/14 05:23 PM
Planting Saffron
by jilly
04/10/14 05:21 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site