Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#422859 - 02/29/12 09:31 PM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
I know what you mean. I think that's why I like animals so much. I am never nervous with them, they will most always be accepting and non-judgmental. (although miss Pips seemed to be really put out with me yesterday)

I'm pretty excited over the progress with Chirp and plan on making it a daily thing, even if for only 15 min or so.

Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Twitter Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Facebook Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to MySpace Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Reddit
#422874 - 03/01/12 06:42 PM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
you should be glad about your progress you and he worked hard for it and remained patient this is a good thing...

you dont really want to extend training for 15mins as birds attention spans dont really last that long thats why they are always hopping about and get tired and bored easily....

and when you train one away from the other YEP things will go much better always...that way there is no distractions... smile

Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Twitter Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Facebook Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to MySpace Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Stumbleupon Add Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath to Reddit
#422885 - 03/02/12 11:19 PM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
JeanneM Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Jonesburg, MO
Oh my goodness, that video is about the cutest thing I've seen in a long time. So adorable. And playing with that branch is like watching little kids play at Tumble Gym.

#422897 - 03/03/12 11:07 PM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

They love that branch. It's like the greatest thing ever. when I take them out 1 at a time in the bathroom I let them sit there for a while before working on them sitting on my hand or shoulder. They've both done it, but Chirp always does it easier. Miss Pips isn't that thrilled with me yet. smirk

#422900 - 03/03/12 11:44 PM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

giggle on ms pips ..she is being normal..females are more SNOOTY and standoffish... smile they have "attitude"

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/03/12 11:44 PM)

#422946 - 03/07/12 04:40 AM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

I'm seeing that attitude now with her. she is also the funniest, what with the hanging upsidedown and looking and squeaking at me. It's so cute. And she will pull up between her legs so that the wall of the cage rubs her back. Not sure what that is all about but it's pretty amazing she doesn't twist her little leg to do it.

#422947 - 03/07/12 05:10 AM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

uh oh...lets hope rubbing her back isnt what a female looks for to stimulate herself into breeding...she could be just acting like a clown but id watch for other signs...in the meantime ...but her to bed much earlier with lights out...no more than 8hrs of daylight for little missy fancy pants.

#422953 - 03/08/12 02:11 AM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Yeah, I kinda thought about that too. she does it more at night, so maybe that's when she needs to go to bed. It's not everynight, but most. What if she is getting in breeding mode? What happens next to watch out for and does that mean she will want to start laying eggs?

Edited by Kathy A (03/08/12 02:17 AM)

#422954 - 03/08/12 02:19 AM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: illusive Fantasy]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

YAH but kathy thats not something you want to let her get into the habit of...just distracted here somehow every single time you see her do that...break her of the act before it becomes habit...cuz geeeesh if it does...and this is what she continues to do and it brings her to egg laying mode ya wont ever get her out of it... cry

#422960 - 03/08/12 05:03 AM Re: Pips and Chirp's first bath [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Oh no....I've been taking to her and giving her lots of attention when she does do it cuz it was so cute....all the wrong things! She get so silly when she hangs upside down it always draws me to her cage...not good!
Well, she went to bed a couple of hours ago. I will stop paying "good" attention when she does that little manuver. I don't want eggs. She's too little to go through that stuff.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 07:05 PM
Fake It Until You Make It
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 06:39 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 02:09 PM
Creative Art
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 01:24 PM
Child's Play
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 12:54 AM
Photos at Clubs
by Lisa Shea
11/23/14 12:12 AM
Ebook Publishing More Difficult
by Lisa Shea
11/22/14 11:19 PM
Get Your Book Written
by Lisa Shea
11/22/14 04:49 PM
Reframing your Fears
by Lisa Shea
11/21/14 05:00 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site