Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#422925 - 03/04/12 07:00 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
I figured the bathroom had the least amount of stuff in it and it's such a small room, the birds have to be right with me even when they don't want to sit on me. They eventually come around to my way of thinking although Pips isn't too keen on sitting my shoulder yet. I spend just a tiny bit more time with her.

Chirp is getting to be quite comfortable with my had and stepping up each time. I take the tree branch up with me and they like to sit there while we look each other over, then try with the stepping up to the perch and hand several time. It really does help doing it away from sight of the other one, although they sometimes call to each other from the other room.

Edited by Kathy A (03/04/12 07:01 PM)

Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Twitter Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Facebook Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to MySpace Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Ta Da!!!! Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Reddit
#422964 - 03/08/12 01:36 AM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
yah one is saying to the other...heyyyyyyyy you forgot me...why cant i come to ma...i wanna come...waaaaaaaaaaaaah cry

Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Twitter Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Facebook Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to MySpace Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Ta Da!!!! Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Ta Da!!!! to Reddit
#422980 - 03/09/12 12:42 AM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Making some progress. since Chirp is handling, being handled smile , I let him out in the main area of our living room. Dad was learning some new software on his pretty new laptop and that's just where Chirp decided he wanted to be too.

So we had a nice calm session with Chirp exploring the new computer, the whole table...he had his favorite tree branch right there, but he didn't care about that. he wanted at the new computer. He did come take a look at the keyboard on the old computer, but that must have been too boring.

He did so good he was out just hanging with his homies for about 30 minutes. Pips was having a fit but Chirp didn't seem to hear her. La la la la...can't hear you! What a show off.

Edited by Kathy A (03/09/12 12:42 AM)

#422981 - 03/09/12 01:40 AM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

what a GREAT PORTRAIT pic of that bird wow....NICE JOB

#422984 - 03/09/12 03:22 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Oh thanks! It's just a fluke whenever I can get a good shot of the birds with my phone (my only camera) I will get a real camera one day and then watch out!
I'm excited to let him out again tonight....
Pipsqueak got to come out but it was more controlled with her. She is more nervous so i took care to not let her get near too much new stuff (like the computer) as some stuff just seems to scare her easily. She did get on my shoulder for a bit, then flew around and I had to retrieve her with her perch. She will get on my hand in the cage, but out of the cage only the perch will do at first. Then I coax her onto my hand and she cooperated pretty well last night.
So...what next. I get them on my hand and walking around on the table getting familiar with us, what do I need to work on next?

#422985 - 03/09/12 04:06 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

there is no next yet...you get that down pat as they are still learning that...keep at that for a good month then there is a next lol...when both start to sit on shoulder and you can do this OUT of the bathroom laugh dont rush things be patient they are coming along fine ...and in that pic his beak looks really nice now too.

they have alot they are dealing with at this time so it still needs to come slow...they are learning about being out...whats perch and hand training are stilllll...that sitting on the shoulder is ok...which will eventually become your head and then that will be known as a safe landing zone giggle....so keep doing this for another month yet...its a lot for a bird to take in... smile

also when they do fly around ...leave them be for awhile without always going to retrieve them.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/09/12 04:09 PM)

#423001 - 03/10/12 05:04 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Ok...I will just follow their lead. More one on one time, more sitting on the computer and checking out all the shiny stuff in the kitchen (with everything put away and no dangers) Chirp seems pretty happy doing this, but Pips I think I will keep her contained in the bathroom for now. She seems bothered by too much wide open space at this point, but in the bathroom she seems pretty confendent.
I just play Angry Birds on my phone while they sit on me. smile

#423002 - 03/10/12 05:57 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

chirp will help to teach pips confidence by watching what he does ...and she will learn better at her pace doing this i believe... wink

IF she is naturally a bit shy then she will always be a bit shy but try to let chirp show her that the world doesnt bite ... laugh

he will always be more outgoing because boys like to show off in front of females ...sort of like when courting takes place giggle

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/10/12 05:58 PM)

#423013 - 03/10/12 08:41 PM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

I think that is so true. I had them out together for a few minutes today. All she wanted to do was check out all the stuff in his cage will bobbed and bopped and paced and made lots of noise trying to get her attention. She would look at him for a few seconds and go right back to what she was doing.
I got her out of there and put her back in her cage and let him crawl all over it trying to get her attention that way. She was too busy grooming and just ignored him.
He sure gave it a good try. smile
It's good to know she is watching when I let him out to play. He doesn't seem to show any fear anymore and I feel very encouraged.

#423023 - 03/11/12 05:49 AM Re: Ta Da!!!! [Re: Kathy A]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

she is female so they shouldnt really be out together or visiting each others cages at all...that was MY BAD when i said he could show her about ...but really they shouldnt play together etc etc. they should be always kept separate and do the things listed in the thread i just posted...on ..if you think egg binding isnt serious. smile

take ALL precautions NOW...do wait till to late...dont even have their cages close and be sure she only gets 8hrs of daylight...etc etc.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/11/12 05:52 AM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
58 minutes 4 seconds ago
Into The Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
Today at 04:42 PM
budgie bonding again
by keerthi
Yesterday at 09:11 PM
Aspen Allegations
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 06:34 PM
Tadpoles
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 01:47 PM
How do I train 2 Parakeets
by Kymber
Yesterday at 10:06 AM
ASICS Tennis Shoes Review - Wonderful and Durable
by kenneth
07/27/14 05:15 PM
New Sci-Fi Novel
by Lisa Shea
07/27/14 07:40 AM
Reddit
by Lisa Shea
07/26/14 12:10 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site