Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423062 - 03/13/12 09:02 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
as mentioned females are not usually as social as the mails and tend to be more stand offish in being playful or doing like the males perching where ever they can on your body...head ...glasses ...shoulders...feet what ever giggle...

id watch out if your using hairspray...we are talking chemicals here and thats not good. frown

Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Twitter Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Facebook Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to MySpace Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Timmy's New Digs Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Reddit
#423064 - 03/13/12 09:33 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
I know I thought of that too. She loved it on my head, but I didn't want her to peck at the hair either, but when I tried to get her off it was me chasing her around on my head. smile I also didn't want her to get stuck up there...

Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Twitter Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Facebook Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to MySpace Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Timmy's New Digs Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Stumbleupon Add Re: Timmy's New Digs to Reddit
#423065 - 03/13/12 11:44 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

c'mon now you can do better laugh ...lol...just bend over really quick that will get her off.. smile

Edited by illusive Fantasy (03/14/12 12:06 AM)

#423070 - 03/14/12 02:13 AM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Loc: Tampa, FL
The one thing both Reggie and Dickie did was to sit on my shoulder then burrow under my hair from the back of my neck then crawl up my head through my hear until until they were sitting on top of my head under my hair. Needless to say, I have very thick long hair. It tickled, LOL.

#423071 - 03/14/12 03:48 AM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

oooooook thats a new one to hear...ive known them to like to sit on the neck and sort tuck in BUT ive never heard of them from there crawling up thru the hair to the top of the head...ya would think they would get alllll tangled up for sure lol

#423074 - 03/14/12 04:50 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

It does feel really nice when they are on the back of your neck, picking around back there for I don't know what... am I getting a grooming? That's about the time Pips decided to climb to the top of my head, I did lean over and that made it easy for her to get up there. smile Then I sat up and she didn't want to get off onto my finger so she ran in circles for a bit. Eventually she flew off.

#423077 - 03/15/12 12:46 AM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Loc: Tampa, FL
So this week we opened Timmy's cage to let him come out. He came out on Monday for the first time and flew round the office. We had the doors closed so he stayed in the office. Everything went well and I was able to get him back in the cage on a wooden perch. We tried again on Tuesday and he flew around again, but this time he landed in the ceiling fan and wouldn't come down. My husband tried to coax him down with the perch, but he would have none of it. He didn't want to scare Timmy so he left him alone and just continued to worked in the office and kept an eye on him. This was about 4pm, and he was was still there when I got home at 5pm. He was very content. I was able to coax him down and finally got him in his cage with the perch.

Wednesday, when my husband went to get his water cup, Timmy slipped by him. Well the office doors were open and Timmy flew out into the living room right to Denny's cage and stayed there talking to Denny through the bars of the cage. When my husband tried to get him back in the office with the perch, Timmy just flew around the room and went back to Denny's cage. So he picked up Denny's cage and brought it into the office with Timmy sitting right on top. He was then able to get Timmy back to his own cage using the perch.

Up to this point, we only let Denny out to come and visit Timmy, like in the pictures at the beginning of this thread. So today my husband brought Denny's cage into the office and opened Timmy up. He popped right out of his cage and went over to talk to Denny.

They are becoming good friends. Tomorrow we plan to open both of them to meet face to face. I will try to get some pics of their meeting.

#423078 - 03/15/12 01:54 AM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

lol sounds like a event happening...giggle...when they fly somewhere its best just to relax and let them do their thing and not always go over and try to perch them ...instead play with one of their favorite toys while out that should get their attention too...and when you do the perch thing dont always put them right back into the cage or soon they wont perch or will know what that means and just keep flying away...

bet hubby was having some exciting moments there...when he just squirted by him...now he knows to be more careful always keeping one eye on the bird ...heaven forbid you were about to walk in the door at that moment and he fly out...best to lock doors whenever you go to the cages and open their doors...

so nice to have a couple birdies fly about an drive ya nuts huh laugh

#423082 - 03/15/12 08:45 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

That really does sound like you had a lot of fun!!! It's cool you are both into the birds and interact with them.

The other night I tried to get Chirp (my calm boy who usually does what I want) to perch on hubby's finger. I was thinking he probably would, he is usually up for most things and curious. Nothing doing! Hubby really doesn't interact with either bird except to talk to them, but he's never held them or anything, but I was still surpirsed that Chirp wouldn't even try to perch on hubby's finger! No way no how! He's a momma's boy for sure.

Update on Pisqueak...she still doesn't like me. frown Oh well, I love her just the same as if she did.

#423083 - 03/15/12 09:34 PM Re: Timmy's New Digs [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

im happy to make a report of my own regarding cappy ...since his accident he has now gained back all his normal full robust weight of 42grams laugh

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
If you were God
by somsuj
Today at 08:17 AM
Native American Novella
by Lisa Shea
Today at 08:07 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:58 PM
Classic Art - Redone
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:17 PM
Christmas Paintings
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:06 PM
National Geographic Photo Contest
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 09:13 PM
updates and LOTS of questions need help!??
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 07:00 PM
Into the Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 06:54 PM
New Cockatiel
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 04:31 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site