two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#423432 - 04/20/12 01:30 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

The breeder choose it for me and he said that she is absolutely female,he has more than 400 parakeets in his store .

If it is male I have three mail right now with one female in a cage ?can they breed in this case ?how can I become sure that it is male or female.? The store man told me that she is the one of the greates color that he has in his store.

It is complicated ,what should I do ?also it is curious to see what is in the box ( I mean the nest )

Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Twitter Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Facebook Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to MySpace Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Del.icio.us Digg Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Yahoo My Web Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Google Bookmarks Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Stumbleupon Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Reddit
#423433 - 04/20/12 01:53 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
ok going to be honest here ...you will ask a question and then go by the breeder so maybe you should just do that...as i personally feel everytime you ask a question your countering it with what the breeder says...so maybe just listen to them.

if they say she is absolutely female than go by that...im just expressing what i feel and from what i know...

so you can ask the breeder what to do ...and if your messing around in the box then anything im saying isnt meaning anything to you ...and i feel its best just for you to refer to your breeder.

ill say good luck and go from there. smile

Edited by illusive Fantasy (04/20/12 01:55 PM)

Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Twitter Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Facebook Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to MySpace Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Del.icio.us Digg Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Yahoo My Web Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Google Bookmarks Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Stumbleupon Add Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ to Reddit
#423434 - 04/20/12 02:09 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

Thank you very much ,but is there any thing to see to be certain that it is male or female,if they are three male in a cage and one female so the men budgies should fight together ,but now only the yellow one and the most blue one just fight in a case if they come across together .

#423435 - 04/20/12 02:37 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

Also thanks for your informations ,but you know if I have ask some questions I think that you are same as me and you won't get bored ,but from my experience regarding birds,and what I am comparing right now between the anatomy and behavior of all these 4 ,I can say that the shape of the body of my white female and the light blue one which I believe that it is female are the same ,and the behavior which my yellow parakeet which is male show to her it seems that he interested in her ,and he try to be close to him absolutely when we are going to turn of the lights .

Regarding the both females it seems that they are more interested in the dark blue one which his size is bigger than yellow one ,but this dark blue does not show any attraction to both of them he just come down and eat all kinds of vegetables and then go for himself .

#423436 - 04/20/12 02:53 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

Also as I told you ,and what I understand while they are going to sleep a big blue one stay with the white one all the night ,and the yellow male stay with the light blue one,.

#423437 - 04/20/12 03:00 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

I don't know hope to be female because I don't want to have 3 male with one female in a cage,but if any one knows a certain way from the behavior to understand that my light blue one is female make me know that ,for sure except laying eggs I have the possibility to change or it because the store man will take it back from me .

#423439 - 04/20/12 03:10 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
im going to end this all here for me anyway and say size also means nothing keets can range from 25grams to 42 and cappy is 40...size is about genetics NOT sex determination...and you seem to have your mind made up about all of this as it stands so just go by what you think...and you will be less confused...

on that note...again ...good luck....but im done here trying to give you the answers your trying to hear to confirm what you have been told by the breeder and what you yourself have decided...thats like me beating a dead horse lol...

sorry but i just cant go any further under the circumstances myself here...you still have much to learn and i encourage you read the threads in here from the forum list maybe that will give you some satisfaction to some of your questions...which i surely hope they do.

best to you and your birds wishing the best outcome all the way around laugh

EDITED
one more thing behavior doesnt mean anything either as some males act like females and vice versa...an males can and often bond with another male.

Edited by illusive Fantasy (04/20/12 03:16 PM)

#423440 - 04/20/12 03:10 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
lnarbehsevan Offline

I have seen in photo gallery the picture of Barney a clover ,it is really similar to the blue one with the same cere color ,I think that bird is also female

#423442 - 04/20/12 07:10 PM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
pinkeynurse Offline

Loc: Pa
Barney and Clover are babies and way too early to tell their sexes. smile I would like them to be either both females or both males, but will love them so matter their sex. Plus the cere can change colors a few times. Please read the recommeded readings, I have learned a lot from it. smile

Oh I could never take my babies back to the store. They are home for good now..and a long time I hope.

Edited by pinkeynurse (04/20/12 07:12 PM)

#423474 - 04/25/12 10:35 AM Re: ~`~ALL ABOUT BREEDING PARAKEETS~`~ [Re: LLPB]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
Inarbehsevan,
Hello, and welcome to the forum.
I've been reading through this thread and see you just got 4 new keets. I also see that you are very anxious to start breeding them.
May I ask WHY that is so important at this time?
Considering you are new to keets, and don't know the ins and outs of breeding, say nothing about everything there is to know about them, wouldn't it be best to take the time to get to know your new bird friends and all there is to know about keeping them happy and healthy before adding more to the mix?
Have you looked in to proper diet/nutrition? Cage size needed for that many? Different types of perches for healthy feet and beaks? Safe and toxic foods and plants? How many food and water dishes are you providing?
These are all very important matters you should be aware of. Your birds really need to be of optimal health before breeding.

IMHO you should slow down, get to know the birds you have now..let them get to know you and your family and get used to their new home before even THINKING about breeding. Bond with them and let them just BE for a while. Take the time to do thorough research on breeding and bird keeping in general before putting their lives and any possible babies lives at risk.
That would mean separating your males and females at the very least until you have a good solid understanding of things.

How big is their cage? I think you said 80cm tall, which is 30 inches if I'm not mistaken. But how long and wide is it?

Wishing you and your birds a long happy life together. These little guys/gals are so smart and funny if you take the time to learn about their needs, get to know them and bond with them smile

Page 18 of 19 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
FREE Parakeet Ebook
by Greenboy
Today at 05:16 AM
Mystery Story A Day
by Lisa Shea
Today at 03:15 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
What kind of toys for smart parakeet?
by Kymber
Yesterday at 03:00 PM
Nike Air Max 90 EM moins cher
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:34 PM
Nike Roshe Run Yeezy 2 online bestellen
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:30 PM
Need Honest Critique Of Website
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:17 PM
Total Freedom
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:13 PM
If you were God
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:06 PM
Writing an Exhibition Proposal
by Lisa Shea
10/14/14 06:45 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site