Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#424832 - 09/26/12 11:24 PM Civilized Man vs Savage
Lisa Shea Online   content

Gold Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I try to be as promotional of free speech as I can, but I am upset by this ad they have in NYC subways -

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/activist...-subway-poster/

The ad portrays the Israeli situation as a "war between the civilized man and the savage".

It bothers me to have promotional material denigrating a group of people like that.

Thoughts?

Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Twitter Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Facebook Add Civilized Man vs Savage to MySpace Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Del.icio.us Digg Civilized Man vs Savage Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Yahoo My Web Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Google Bookmarks Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Stumbleupon Add Civilized Man vs Savage to Reddit
#424845 - 09/27/12 11:52 AM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]
Ninjahedgewych Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England
That ad is a classic example of the "Being taught what to think rather than how to think". All it does is feed fears and encourage simplistic thinking. frown

Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Twitter Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Facebook Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to MySpace Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Civilized Man vs Savage Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Stumbleupon Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Reddit
#424852 - 09/28/12 05:32 AM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: bude , cornwall
&%$£ israel!!! this is absolutely typical of zionist propaganda, which represents possibly the most abhorrent apartheid state politics ever implemented. the treatment of palestinians by israel is worse than that suffered by blacks in south africa, and i would even say worse in the long run than the genocides committed by bosnian serbs. and before i get this moronic argument thrown at me again: i am not antisemitic, a racist or a jew hater. i am anti israel. what i hate is oppressive states who murder children as a matter of routine and treat the indigenous population like crap, even often describing them as dogs. as i speak, netanyahu is in front to the un making the case for war on iran. israels desire to vapourise iran is no secret - they have attacked every other one of their neighbours. and its a sad endictment of the weakness of the un that israel should clearly be drop kicked into the corner over warcrimes but there is no will to do anything of the sort. i have nothing against jews on basis of their jewishness. but i abhore the terrorism and opression based oriented politics israel stands for and think its about time that the world stop bowing to the isreali lobby and tells them to get $£%&ed!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: GRRRRRRRRR|!!!

BudeStrings Music Tuition

Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Twitter Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Facebook Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to MySpace Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Civilized Man vs Savage Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Stumbleupon Add Re: Civilized Man vs Savage to Reddit
#424855 - 09/28/12 05:46 PM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Ninjahedgewych -

I agree, and to me it is a shame to call *any* group of people anywhere "savages" as if their way of life was inherently wrong. Certainly a given person can take actions we disapprove of, but to say that an entire group is of a lower order? This is exactly what I had hoped our world had moved beyond.

#424856 - 09/28/12 06:04 PM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Dear Janimal -

I would guess that part of the challenge is that people feel so "guilty" over what Jewish people in WWII had to go through. So now that there is a state all about "making amends" there is an uncomfortable feeling when it comes to watching that country behave in a less-than-wonderful way.

#424867 - 09/29/12 04:28 AM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]
janimal Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: bude , cornwall
yep, the world is paralysed with collective guilt, and tolerating a country which runs an apartheid state, has a fascist government and acts on a racist agenda.

here is a picture of some idf cadets

and here is a well know picture of the hitler youth

am i the only one seeing disturbing similarities here??

BudeStrings Music Tuition

#424894 - 09/30/12 03:20 PM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
Unbiased as I am cool , I think that it is obvious why we are almost always embroiled in some kind of a conflict in the middle east and that is because of the Christian influence in our culture, however, according to the bible, for the returning Christ to return the state of Israel must be destroyed so why the US allows Israel to determine it's foreign policy is way over my head but they do.

The Muslim is naturally an enemy of the US because he is an enemy of progress. Most Muslims are fundamentalists, perhaps not ride a donkey to work fundis but they have there own idea about how they want their land and commerce to work meaning that they will not give in to capitalist influences and they will always view anyone that does as a threat.

I guess most people have not noticed but just about any nation that does not comply with the US on treaties, economics or even politics winds up in the crosshairs of the UN or the US military itself and then eventually winds up obliterated. I could spend the entire day giving examples of this very thing though the history is there and all one has to do is open the pages of history and take a deep breath.

Today there is a media war and that war starts with "Posters" like the one named in this post. I can give a good example in the movie "Inglorious B_stards". Have you seen that movie? - Because if you have then you understand what I mean! I would like to have a five dollar bill for every time I have ever heard the term Anti-Semite, or the bloody term Jewish Holocaust because I would go and buy a little island off of the coast of New York called Manhattan and Demolish it.

We never hear of the other historical "Holocausts" that history hides beneath it's cloak like the Native Americans, the Irish or Scottish, Ukrainian, Tibetan, Chinese, Armenian, Rwandan, Romanian or even the one that Israel is perpetrating right now on the People of Palestine just so they can steal their land.

Many groups believe that the Jewish groups manipulate media to their advantage and have for a very long time. I have found myself intrigued by this theory so much that I have spent weeks researching the "Big Money" in Hollywood and even the historical aspects of media and by media I mean the telling of stories that relate us to that imaginary world of fiction from the days of the Bible to the present.

Here's a short list created by some ad junkie:

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_jew100.html

and he has not even included the two trillion dollars worth of influential people in Hollywood from Abdul to WeizenBaum the names include people like Spielberg, Stein and Goldberg(not Whoopi) that just happen to attend temple on Saturday.

#424981 - 10/04/12 06:56 PM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Dear Janimal -

I think it would be easy for us to find photos of most any military academy or similar group and show comparisons to a similar Nazi group. So I think making that kind of direct comparison is too generic.

It probably makes more sense to look at specific policies they are enacting, and why we disagree with them.

#424982 - 10/04/12 07:02 PM Re: Civilized Man vs Savage [Re: Lisa Shea]

Gold Star Soulmate

Dear Mongrel -

I haven't seen Inglorious; I try to stay away from movies that are violent. I used to get nightmares from them so in general now I try to just not watch them. Bob did tell me some about it and it sounds interesting but also upsetting. Probably just as well I didn't see it.

It's true, I'm Ukrainian and the Ukrainian deaths were not even reported by many people. There have definitely been many mass-deaths over the years that were ignored. The US Trail of Tears wasn't that long ago, historically speaking, and that is pretty staggering, what we did. Can you imagine if a nation did that today? Hopefully there would be a huge outcry.

I'm not sure that any religion is all X or all Y. Individual people are all so unique. That being said, I do also think that individual rules or small groups of rulers can have powerful agendas that they then inflict on larger groups. So while for example I wouldn't generalize all Catholics to be X, I do agree that the Pope and his close group has an agenda which then affects the world (even non-Catholics).

And since it's probably quite improbable that those leaders would really care what *non* Catholics (or Muslims or Buddhists or whatever) would have to say to them, it is then the responsibility for the religion's followers to pay attention to what is going on and speak out.

I.e. if a Papal policy is harming people, but most Catholics ignore it and don't do anything, who else could possibly enact a change?

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Buying a companion for our 2 yr. old parakeet
by 1950
Yesterday at 01:20 PM
exciting news about Tweety :D
by Ashley Horan
Yesterday at 12:09 PM
First time parakeet owner!!
by Allegra
Yesterday at 08:07 AM
Acquiring Excellent Girls Sneakers
by LuannaSanti
08/28/14 06:43 PM
Anyone know about surround sound receivers??
by Allegra
08/28/14 03:16 PM
New budgie!
by Kymber
08/28/14 02:18 PM
FREE Full Length Medieval Romance Novel
by Lisa Shea
08/28/14 10:16 AM
Autumn Photography
by Lisa Shea
08/28/14 08:12 AM
Into the Wasteland
by Lisa Shea
08/28/14 07:39 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site