Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#58902 - 07/18/06 08:04 PM Copyright and Images
Lisa Shea Online   content

Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: US
I just want to post a quick general reminder to everyone. Copyright is a pretty serious legal situation and it applies both to blocks of text and to images. An image is copyrighted to whoever created it. It doesn't need a (C) on it or a name or any other notice. If someone creates an image, they own it. This applies to drawn images, to photographs and to any other created image.

So please make sure if you have any image on this forum - whether you use it in a post or as your avatar - that you are 100% the owner (creator) of that image. The fines for copyright violations can be $25,000 or more - that's a lot of money!

Add Copyright and Images to Twitter Add Copyright and Images to Facebook Add Copyright and Images to MySpace Add Copyright and Images to Del.icio.us Digg Copyright and Images Add Copyright and Images to Yahoo My Web Add Copyright and Images to Google Bookmarks Add Copyright and Images to Stumbleupon Add Copyright and Images to Reddit
#58903 - 07/19/06 02:00 AM Re: Copyright and Images
Lisa Shea Online   content

Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: US
Just as a note - you *can* file for a copyright if you want to - it gives you added protection! I have the steps here -

http://www.lisashea.com/workfromhome/rights/copyrightfiling.html

this puts your drawing, photo, writing or whateveer on file with the US Copyright Office, which then has reciprocal arrangements with other governments' offices. You don't have to go file your work with every single government!

It's well worth it if you are an artist who is worried about people stealing and using your work!

Add Re: Copyright and Images to Twitter Add Re: Copyright and Images to Facebook Add Re: Copyright and Images to MySpace Add Re: Copyright and Images to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Copyright and Images Add Re: Copyright and Images to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Copyright and Images to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Copyright and Images to Stumbleupon Add Re: Copyright and Images to Reddit
#58904 - 12/19/06 04:32 AM Re: Copyright and Images
JANET Rita Offline

Loc: Kingston,On,Canada
I need help to download e-book I paid for

Add Re: Copyright and Images to Twitter Add Re: Copyright and Images to Facebook Add Re: Copyright and Images to MySpace Add Re: Copyright and Images to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Copyright and Images Add Re: Copyright and Images to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Copyright and Images to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Copyright and Images to Stumbleupon Add Re: Copyright and Images to Reddit
#58905 - 12/19/06 04:33 AM Re: Copyright and Images
JANET Rita Offline

Loc: Kingston,On,Canada
help!!

#58906 - 01/02/07 04:31 PM Re: Copyright and Images
Keetiebeaks Offline
Companion

Loc: Utah
you need to directly e-mail Lisa, click on the envelope wit the single person standing by it and she should get back to you when she can.

Hope it works out for you.

#58907 - 01/09/07 02:28 AM Re: Copyright and Images
fred_and_nikku_luver Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: skokie
hi!

#58908 - 02/01/07 10:47 PM Re: Copyright and Images
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks Lisa! smile

#58909 - 02/04/07 01:12 AM Re: Copyright and Images
Bird Crazy103 Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Milwaukee WI
hey!!! i love your site lisa!!

#58910 - 02/11/07 04:08 AM Re: Copyright and Images
Long Time Friend

ur site rox my sox!

#58911 - 02/11/07 04:12 AM Re: Copyright and Images
Long Time Friend

smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 
Latest Posts
Haiku of the Great Blue Hill
by Lisa Shea
Today at 01:54 AM
If you were God
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Native American Novella
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 09:47 PM
Winter Solstice Issue of Mused Literary Review
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 08:26 PM
$9M in stolen art
by Lisa Shea
12/20/14 05:40 PM
Classic Art - Redone
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 08:00 PM
Call off Christmas!
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:17 PM
Christmas Paintings
by Lisa Shea
12/19/14 04:06 PM
National Geographic Photo Contest
by Lisa Shea
12/18/14 09:13 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site