Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#87771 - 07/28/05 09:15 PM Dreams
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
The other night I dreamt that I was planting something on a high bank overlooking a road. As I did this I knocked the lawnmower off the bank and into the road. I decided my husband must have left it there.

As I looked down I noticed that it was actually the vaccuum cleaner. I thought it looked dangerous in the road but I couldn't go down because I was wearing a nightie and dressing gown.

I decided to run back to the house to change. (This house and its gardens were none that I recognise but in the dream this was my home.)

As I started to run, I thought - there's no need to do this. It's not real. I'm asleep and I'm dreaming so I should just make the most of knowing that I am in a dream. I then went in and out of being aware that I was dreaming and not being aware.

Then I remember no more about it.

It was a very strange feeling, but I remember finding it fascinating that I was knowingly exploring my dream surroundings.

Has this happened to you?

Lisa has some pages on dreams.
Look here:
http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/dreams/

There's another thread on dreams / nightmares here:
http://www.wineintro.com/forum/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=000015

Add Dreams to Twitter Add Dreams to Facebook Add Dreams to MySpace Add Dreams to Del.icio.us Digg Dreams Add Dreams to Yahoo My Web Add Dreams to Google Bookmarks Add Dreams to Stumbleupon Add Dreams to Reddit
#87772 - 07/29/05 07:30 PM Re: Dreams
valerie Offline
Companion

Thank you for those links!

I have realized that I am in a dream before, but I had a much different feeling about it. I knew that anything can happen in dreams, so I was afraid something bad was going to happen(dreams can hurt, even though they're not real).

I have never given much tought to what my dreams mean, so I will pay more attention now, and check these links. Thanks again!

Add Re: Dreams to Twitter Add Re: Dreams to Facebook Add Re: Dreams to MySpace Add Re: Dreams to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dreams Add Re: Dreams to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dreams to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dreams to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dreams to Reddit
#87773 - 07/29/05 08:58 PM Re: Dreams
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Hi Valerie.

I suppose if I had been in the middle of a nightmare, and suddenly become 'aware', it might have been different.

Though I think that did happen to me once and I stopped feeling frightened, realising that it wasn't real

Add Re: Dreams to Twitter Add Re: Dreams to Facebook Add Re: Dreams to MySpace Add Re: Dreams to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dreams Add Re: Dreams to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dreams to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dreams to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dreams to Reddit
#87774 - 07/30/05 05:38 PM Re: Dreams
Albie & Gemini Offline
Companion

Loc: Massachusetts
PDM, its weird that you mention that. I have become so used to having nightmares, that I no longer believe that it is something real that is going on ... and when I become frightened, I can wake myself up without ever having to face the fear it is that I dread.

I know it sounds strange .... but I am glad for it, because I would rather wake myself up than waking up from a nightmare itself.

"Live everyday as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be"

#87775 - 07/30/05 05:51 PM Re: Dreams
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Yes, waking up in the middle of, or just after, a nightmare is a really horrible experience!

#87776 - 07/31/05 08:29 AM Re: Dreams
LPG Offline
Best Friend

I detest nightmares, suffer from them maybe once or twice a month. I usually wake up from them in the morning and they stay so vivid and fresh with me for days afterwards. I think that's what makes them all the more frightening.

The times when I'm under stress or on antibiotics, seem to have some influence on them too.

Why is it though that it's always involving someone that's very close to you in an horrific way.

#87777 - 07/31/05 08:32 AM Re: Dreams
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

I think it depends on the person.

My Mum often dreams that she is lost in her nightmares.

I dream that I am running away from someone dangerous who is after me.

My elder son used to dream about wild dogs and other animals in frightening situations .

Both my brother and my younger son had recurring nightmares about being chased by an evil man in a wheelchair.

#87778 - 07/31/05 08:49 AM Re: Dreams
LPG Offline
Best Friend

I can relate to being lost and also running. In one particular nightmare I was frozen to the spot but fortunately woke before whatever was chasing me, finally reached me. I've also dreamt of being shot.

Often the place where this transpires is back in the neighbour of my early childhood.

The evil man in a wheelchair sounds frightening, he hasn't been watching any horror movies?

#87779 - 07/31/05 07:38 PM Re: Dreams
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonia:

The evil man in a wheelchair sounds frightening, he hasn't been watching any horror movies?
Well, he does now, but I don't think he did at the time. I think it's odd that my brother had the same type of bad dream when he was a boy.

My boys used to have night terrors when they were little. That was frightening in itself!

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
First time parakeet owner!!
by Allegra
22 minutes 31 seconds ago
Our new parakeet won't eat,
by Jacquie
Today at 02:27 PM
Almost new parakeet
by Olive Oil
Today at 04:33 AM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
Specific and classy sport shoes
by JoeLegoullon
Yesterday at 04:44 PM
Editing a Novel
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
First Line Indent
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 02:53 PM
if I'm awake early, at least I've got some pals
by IndigoWings
Yesterday at 01:19 PM
Question of the day!
by IndigoWings
Yesterday at 01:18 PM
Anyone play World of Warcraft?
by MrsIndigo
Yesterday at 01:15 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site