Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#179157 - 05/07/07 08:51 PM Do i haev boy or girl
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

can people look at my avatar and see if i have 2 girl parakeets, 2 boy, or 1 boy and 1 girl? they are a few month old

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4841/p1010046zv7.jpg

Edited by Parakeetus (05/07/07 08:53 PM)

Add Do i haev boy or girl to Twitter Add Do i haev boy or girl to Facebook Add Do i haev boy or girl to MySpace Add Do i haev boy or girl to Del.icio.us Digg Do i haev boy or girl Add Do i haev boy or girl to Yahoo My Web Add Do i haev boy or girl to Google Bookmarks Add Do i haev boy or girl to Stumbleupon Add Do i haev boy or girl to Reddit
#179158 - 05/07/07 08:54 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

sorry its probaly too small too tell

Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Twitter Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Facebook Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to MySpace Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do i haev boy or girl Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Reddit
#179160 - 05/07/07 08:59 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
OC Mommy Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: OC, California, USA
They are VERY young...you cannot tell accurately until after a year. If I had to guess though I would say greenie is a girl. I can't tell on the blue one.

Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Twitter Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Facebook Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to MySpace Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do i haev boy or girl Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do i haev boy or girl to Reddit
#179247 - 05/08/07 11:32 AM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: OC Mommy]
Mira Offline
Great Friend

Loc: NJ

I think that ur blue one is a boy and green one female.

#179577 - 05/09/07 09:12 AM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Mira]
Parrish Offline
Regular

I agree with Mira

#179593 - 05/09/07 09:51 AM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Parrish]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

Loc: PA
definatly boy and girl. green girl blue boy.

#179606 - 05/09/07 10:34 AM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
dindy Offline
Companion

yep 1 girl n 1 boy they are cute by the way

#179700 - 05/09/07 03:01 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: dindy]
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

ok but can you guys decide again? if i tell you the personalities?

the blue one, sometimes atacks the green one when they are eating imllet, but the green one doesnt fight back. also, the blue one will come onto my hand if i push, but the green one will only come on for millet

#179710 - 05/09/07 03:09 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
what cuties! love the names...jaja...yeah, i definately think the blue one is a boy and the green one is a girl--just like mine! smile

#179714 - 05/09/07 03:12 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: LoRaXspeek4keets]
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

ok, im not sure if ill want breeding

#179718 - 05/09/07 03:17 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: n.y
to tell the sex of your birds look at the cere it is located where the nostils are.the area above the beck. blue or purple its a male tan,brownish in color or pale light blue with white rings around the nostils female I hope this helps you. when they are very young it's hard to tell sometimes.welcome to the forum.

#179719 - 05/09/07 03:18 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
i don't think that it's guaranteed that they'll breed--i think keets are the slow-to-know kind of bird when it comes to mates...
smile

#179721 - 05/09/07 03:21 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: LoRaXspeek4keets]
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

ok cool

#179798 - 05/09/07 05:22 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

Loc: PA
lol well im telling you you definatly have a male and female and no they are not slow when it comes to mateing and yess they will mate! evan if you dont have a nesting box! so if you dont want to end up with babies you better separate them soon.

#179903 - 05/09/07 10:30 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
Cristina Offline
Best Friend

Loc: California
Yes I agree with everyone else on their sexes. The green one looks like a female and the blue one looks like a male. Gorgeous birds btw!

It's not a sure thing that they will breed, I had a female and male for years and they never bred but you can't always be sure having both sexes in the same cage. If you don't want them to breed don't give them any ideas by putting a nest box in the cage. A next box will most likely be a temptation ground for breeding.

#180222 - 05/11/07 12:43 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Cristina]
LLPB Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Michigan
yes. 10000% male and female. green-grl blue-boy

about the breeding, they most likely will breed, (MOST LIKELY KEY WORD HERE) when they age a little more...so if you are not ready, then seperate. NOW!! before they get too attached, and then they'll be devistated if you sepertate them. =\

I LOVE Skittles!

#180250 - 05/11/07 02:02 PM Re: Do i haev boy or girl [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
Tankimin Offline

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by nopqrs876950
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:07 PM
How to Express Birthday Greetings?
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:05 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:04 PM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by nopqrs876950
12/06/17 12:05 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by rstuvw579648
12/02/17 12:10 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Matthew 12:40
by nopqrs876950
11/29/17 11:12 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/28/17 06:40 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site