two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#181668 - 05/14/07 08:41 PM some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety
newbluekeet74 Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks to those of you who responded to my overwhelmed post. Here are some pics of tweety. He likes brocoli and salad so far.

I do have some questions.

Where can I put his bathtub? How will he know its a bath? He doesn't feel safe enough with me yet to take one...but he NEEDS one.

When will he start singing? My husband did a very bad thing (he thought it was good), and found some parakeets singing on the computer and Tweety went nuts...poor thing. My husband realized his mistake and won't do that again.

We are still doing perch training, he is not ready for my finger yet, mostly when my kids are outside. Do any of you have kids and how does your keet do around them?

Will he eventually trust me? How much time did you spend in the beginning with your keet? and now? I work from 8-3, and can come home at lunch and spend time with him, its very special cause my kids aren't around. I spend time in the am with him and some in the pm. I really really want to keep him and just love him already.

Thanks for reading so far and thanks in advance for your help.

-Melody

Edited by newbluekeet74 (05/14/07 08:42 PM)

Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Twitter Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Facebook Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to MySpace Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Del.icio.us Digg some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Yahoo My Web Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Google Bookmarks Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Stumbleupon Add some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Reddit
#181670 - 05/14/07 09:17 PM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: newbluekeet74]
WhitePegasus Offline
Best Friend

Loc: NH
looks like you are doing well with him so far. i would however switch out all of those plastic perches. they are bad for keet feet, i (as do most of us) recommend rope perches, cement/sand perches and or wooden dowel perches. They should also have perches of different shape and size for good foot tone. it sounds like you are spending plenty of time with him as well.
I just set the bath on the bottom of the cage. My two don't really use it all that often. Just be sure you are there to supervise bath time, would hate for him to slip and drown frown.
The singing seems to be a keet dependent thing. As for my two, Opal sings ALL THE TIME, and Topaz hardly makes a peep.

Edited by WhitePegasus (05/14/07 09:20 PM)
Edit Reason: missed a few questions

Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Twitter Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Facebook Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to MySpace Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Stumbleupon Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Reddit
#181677 - 05/14/07 09:53 PM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: WhitePegasus]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

Loc: PA
as far as the bathtub go's just sit it on the bottom of the cage, and hope that he discovers it there is a paragraph that lisa has wrote on training your bird to bathe.
and as far as the singing go's you gotta give him time to really start to get settled in ide say about a week to two weeks maybe more? just depends on the happiness of the bird,
and i have 2 kids a 3 year old and a 3 mth and well my birds dont seem to mind them you know as long as they dont go messing around with the cage i actually think they like the excitement of all the running around and screamin lol when my baby crys they all start tweeting away like " the babys crying the babys crying lmao" i have 4 btw.3
and as far as him trusting you, well that depends on how much time you really spend with them, im at home 24/7 and i have had my keets for about a mth and a half now and well my first two that i bought they are adjusting they dont run from me unless i go to put my finger in front of them while there in the cage, but when they are out of the cage on the floor and they see my hand they come running because they know im going to help them get back to there cage lol im there elevator. it just really takes time and patience. and really just depends on the birds personality and how much time you can devote to him. but it may actually happen faster for you because you only have one so he is going to look at you as his flock mate "another bird" to where with me i have 4 so they are all buddys with each other instead of me. but they will come around for me just going to take time lol anyway i hope i helped you some beautiful bird btw. and goodluck to you.

Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Twitter Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Facebook Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to MySpace Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Del.icio.us Digg Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Yahoo My Web Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Google Bookmarks Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Stumbleupon Add Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety to Reddit
#181678 - 05/14/07 09:55 PM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

oh yes and definatly get rid of those plastic perches they are very bad for there feet, get some natural wood,rope,cement and sand. also the comfy perch is nice. also what size cage is that that you have him in? it looks small. i think the mininum size for one keet is 18x18x18. or the biggest you can afford.

#181679 - 05/14/07 09:58 PM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

oh and if you cannot get your birds to bath it is ok to spray them with the water bottle you know just mist them. and make sure whatever bottle you use has never had anything but water in it, also like the person above me said to supervise bath time, well you dont really need to do that just dont put enough water to go past your first knuckle when you stick your finger strait down in the bath. or in other words to go past the birds legs. and just make sure its a big enough bowl that they dont get stuck, i mean after all my birds stick there whole head in there drinking water bowl lol so no it dont really need to be supervised lol

Edited by *M,T,L,J'S* Mom (05/14/07 09:59 PM)

#181783 - 05/15/07 10:41 AM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
Four Keets Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Orange County, CA
I've had Tweety for about 8 months and Leaf for about 6 and they are still not fully trained. It takes time depending on the age of the bird and prior history. Give it time. Be careful with the cage door you have, they can be very dangerous for birds because the door can slide down and hurt them.
Bill - 4/16/08
Papeete - 4/21/08

#182131 - 05/16/07 08:30 AM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: Four Keets]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
oh he's so cute! i love his fat little cheeks smile it looks like you're handling him well

#182138 - 05/16/07 09:23 AM Re: some ques...some pics...Day 4 with Tweety [Re: LoRaXspeek4keets]
Xasdfcore Offline

Loc: Lewes, De.
I just got a bird a few days ago that looks almost exactly like that and his name is Tweety as well O_O
That's really creepy...

And they also look the same age
I can't believe that o.o

Edited by Xasdfcore (05/16/07 09:28 AM)

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Training two budgies
by Nhu
1 second ago
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:26 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:14 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site