two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#181778 - 05/15/07 09:41 AM Showering Parakeets
Gracie's Gran Offline

I'm wondering if it is harmful to my keets if I put their cage in the shower to clean it with them in it? The water is tepid and very gentle and I just oscillate the water back and forth. They seem to like it. One of them gets on the bottom of the cage and walks around, the other just clings to the perch. Should I not be doing this?

Add Showering Parakeets to Twitter Add Showering Parakeets to Facebook Add Showering Parakeets to MySpace Add Showering Parakeets to Del.icio.us Digg Showering Parakeets Add Showering Parakeets to Yahoo My Web Add Showering Parakeets to Google Bookmarks Add Showering Parakeets to Stumbleupon Add Showering Parakeets to Reddit
#181785 - 05/15/07 11:16 AM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Gracie's Gran]
Birdie Menagerie Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Georgia
Well, keets do enjoy a good showering, I just don't know about showering them while they are in the cage, lol. smile

Though, I have to admit, it's crossed my mind, lol, I ended up just biting the bullet and taking the keets out to clean their cage.

1EleanorRigby

Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Twitter Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Facebook Add Re: Showering Parakeets to MySpace Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Showering Parakeets Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Reddit
#181787 - 05/15/07 11:44 AM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Birdie Menagerie]
Pigeon Offline
Great Friend

Loc: UK
Hm, doesnt sound to harmfull, just maybe problems with drying the cage after? They also prob need half the cage not been showered so they have the option to get out the water if they want. I imagine its just like rain for them though...

Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Twitter Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Facebook Add Re: Showering Parakeets to MySpace Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Showering Parakeets Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Stumbleupon Add Re: Showering Parakeets to Reddit
#181986 - 05/15/07 07:15 PM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Pigeon]
buddy Offline
Great Friend

Loc: NC
i used to shower with my macaw on my shoulder...he loved it...as for showering the cage and all....all i can say is dang why didnt i think of that lol

#181987 - 05/15/07 07:18 PM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: buddy]
Joephazonx Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Penslyvania
take them out and put them near a sink part way full of water.

#182032 - 05/15/07 08:28 PM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Joephazonx]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
what a good idea! it's convenient, it's quick, and it's a great way to get your keets to take a bath smile no--it doesn't sound like your hurting them at all by doing this

#182035 - 05/15/07 08:33 PM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: LoRaXspeek4keets]
Stephanie sweet keets Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Virginia
I don't think it would be that harmful.

#182080 - 05/16/07 03:14 AM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Stephanie sweet keets]
Plumb_pudding Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Washinton
I doubt it would be harmful. But then think about what being in their cage would be like for them after a while of it.

Kila- 10/5/06 RIP
Makena- 12/14/06-9/2009 (To a Better Home)

#182085 - 05/16/07 03:43 AM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Plumb_pudding]
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: Sycamore,IL
i think it might traumatize them they would have nowhere to get away from the direct spray of the water.

#182106 - 05/16/07 05:07 AM Re: Showering Parakeets [Re: Kariva]
Joephazonx Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Penslyvania
I don't see to much harm. Just find some other way that gives them more options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
11/16/17 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site