two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#182022 - 05/15/07 08:14 PM How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

My two parakeets wont eat their veggies or fruits ( just like me, i dont eat veggies), they're apparently scared to death when i stick some strips of a carrot, or some broccoli inside, and they are very fresh, and washed! they wont eat it, even if we leave it there for an hour or two

what should we do

Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Twitter Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Facebook Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to MySpace Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Del.icio.us Digg How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Yahoo My Web Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Google Bookmarks Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Stumbleupon Add How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Reddit
#182024 - 05/15/07 08:17 PM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
Joephazonx Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Penslyvania
it's normal for them to not know what it is for awhile. Put it in the spot where they hang out most of the time. they will be curious and chew on it eventually. if they have a stone or something for chewing on, put the veggie there and see what happens.

Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Twitter Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Facebook Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to MySpace Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Reddit
#182026 - 05/15/07 08:19 PM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: Joephazonx]
Fernandez&Lopez Offline
Long Time Friend

they dont have any favorite toy, or anything, they just like hanging at the top perch, and chirping at each other, and preening each other, and flexing their wings, and stretching, and walking down their staircase to go get food

Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Twitter Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Facebook Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to MySpace Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Stumbleupon Add Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits to Reddit
#182064 - 05/16/07 12:56 AM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: Fernandez&Lopez]
Joephazonx Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Penslyvania
well, mix it in with the food, or put it where they are the most.

#182065 - 05/16/07 01:14 AM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: Joephazonx]
Aerial Offline
Best Friend

In an 'hour or two' I'd be very surprised if your birds ate something new that was introduced to them.

This is obviously something fresh to their diet that hasn't been started when they were young.

It will take time and perseverance.

#182153 - 05/16/07 11:28 AM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: Aerial]
*6 budgie nutz* Offline
Soulmate

Loc: PA
yep just keep puting it in everday they will eventually star eating it.they got to learn that it is food let them see you take a bite.

#182164 - 05/16/07 12:37 PM Re: How do i ge tthem ot eat veggies and fruits [Re: *6 budgie nutz*]
preciousbaby Offline
Friend

Loc: utica, ny
My precious baby will only eat her broccoli. I just bought her a new huge cage and she is still getting used to it, so eating her fresh fruits and veggies are really not on the top of her list of fun things that she can do... I love my little baby so much and I love this site too... Thank you Lisa and all fellow keet lovers alike!!!!.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site