Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#181715 - 05/15/07 04:03 AM Hyper Puberty
LoveMyBoys Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Illinois
Is it just me or do they get really hyper and "in your face" to other keets for a couple months as they go from baby to adult?

Add Hyper Puberty to Twitter Add Hyper Puberty to Facebook Add Hyper Puberty to MySpace Add Hyper Puberty to Del.icio.us Digg Hyper Puberty Add Hyper Puberty to Yahoo My Web Add Hyper Puberty to Google Bookmarks Add Hyper Puberty to Stumbleupon Add Hyper Puberty to Reddit
#181720 - 05/15/07 04:35 AM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: LoveMyBoys]
Aerial Offline
Best Friend

Oh yes they certainly can go 'hyper' in that respect. Some more so than others.

If you've ever experienced a child going through puberty with the hormones bouncing around inside, defying all adult authority, you'll understand lol.

Fortunately in birds it's a much shorter period of time.

Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Twitter Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Facebook Add Re: Hyper Puberty to MySpace Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Hyper Puberty Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Stumbleupon Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Reddit
#181740 - 05/15/07 05:45 AM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: Aerial]
Birdie Menagerie Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Georgia
Could that be why my Bijou was such a mean little budgie? She picked on all the other budgies like crazy, especially McCartney, who seemed to be her "whipping boy".

But then, Bijou, Pixel, and City were all hyperactive, and pretty much still are. Guess they're all going thru puberty.

My other four birds are older and soo super laid back. laugh

1EleanorRigby

Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Twitter Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Facebook Add Re: Hyper Puberty to MySpace Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Hyper Puberty Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Stumbleupon Add Re: Hyper Puberty to Reddit
#181741 - 05/15/07 05:49 AM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: Birdie Menagerie]
villageidiot33 Offline
Regular

Loc: North Dakota
I have an 8 yr old daughter who is very moody about once a month. She has daddy wraped around her finger big time. Her pediatrician said she is going to be a handful when she gets PMS.

I know it didnt have much to do with the post...just thought it was funny since we were talking about puberty.
2teils;Bo & Daisy

#181769 - 05/15/07 08:07 AM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: villageidiot33]
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: Sycamore,IL
well i guess that is whta chloe is going through. i call her crazy because she likes to literally run in circles on the floor and randomly jump out of her cage for no reason. shes all over the place!

#181863 - 05/15/07 03:42 PM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: Kariva]
LoveMyBoys Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Illinois
I saw this happen to peri, he would NOT leave Bleu alone and poor little bleu was such a little baby he didn't know what to do. Now peri has calmed down somewhat but Bleu is now getting in Peri's face!! It was around the time their flight feathers were coming in.

ok um village idiot, you totally cracked me up there!!! Are you here pretending to talk about parakeets but you are really talking about your daughter LOLOL!! It does start that young, you will be in full blown pms stage in just a couple short years so get ready.

#181878 - 05/15/07 04:09 PM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: villageidiot33]
Birdie Menagerie Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Georgia
VillageIdiot: I just reread what you wrote. At 8 years old, kids begin to asert themselves as individuals. Both of my daughters changed almost over night at 8 years old, from little darlings, always wanting to help me out, and just so super sweet, to someone else entirely. Just like when they were 2 years old. Then, it happens again in puberty.

1EleanorRigby

#182056 - 05/15/07 10:02 PM Re: Hyper Puberty [Re: Birdie Menagerie]
Aerial Offline
Best Friend

I remember when my niece was 8, she started having the mood swings from hell about once a month. My sister took her to the doctor and it turns out she was starting puberty. About a year later when she was 9 the first actual physical signs hit in.

She not only had mood swings, but feinting problems as well, dizziness etc. Now she's 11 her 'monthlies' have only just started and she's almost 'normal' again.

Diet plays an important factor here too. Might be a good idea to keep a diary of her mood swings etc. because not too long down the track, she's going to get the physical side of it as well.

Fortunately with animals/birds going through puberty, it's much quicker than humans.

Edited by Aerial (05/15/07 10:04 PM)

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
4 seconds ago
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site