two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#182566 - 05/17/07 01:55 PM Tears egg
OdinLove Offline
Long Time Friend

I posted it eariler but no response? SO I am reposting it.

I was right, Baby Tears was pregnant. Today especilly she seemed so fat. So this afternoon around 8:00pm I went to the petstore to get her supplies, like cuttlebone, calcium and mineral blocks.
By the time I got home to my supprise, she has an egg in her nest.

SOme questions. I saw were it said to mark it with a pencil, how should I do this, I don't want to break it. How soon can I handel it? Do you think she will lay a bunch all one after another?
Is she goon a be ok,
I know about the web link on this forum about having babies, but I am so busy I did not read it all yet. I will by the end of the weekend. can someone brief me on some safty and immportnce issues for me to revel in for a day or two.

The egg is small. I hope she incubates it. How much time should she spend nursing the egg, about half????
Sorry I am new to this being a daddy to Tears and her babies, is sucha rush. At first I was realy happy but their is grief too, I would be sad to think it is a death or something.
She has been on medications too. Like Antibiotics and pain medication? Hope this ok for her babies. Her foot is better, but I think she must really b stressed right now, uch to much to think about. I saw her mating today too.
I am happy. I want her to be safe and happy too. I hope she makes a really good mother. The girl at the pet shop said it comes naturlly, they do it all, just keep them feed and stuff.

I thikk gestation period is 21 days and then 28 for hatch, then 4 months to ween?

Thansk you all, and thanks to Lisa Shea ad her Budgies who love her and supporters becasue, her site is the best I've seen for parakeets.

Edited by OdinLove (05/17/07 01:56 PM)

Add Tears egg to Twitter Add Tears egg to Facebook Add Tears egg to MySpace Add Tears egg to Del.icio.us Digg Tears egg Add Tears egg to Yahoo My Web Add Tears egg to Google Bookmarks Add Tears egg to Stumbleupon Add Tears egg to Reddit
#182572 - 05/17/07 02:02 PM Re: Tears egg [Re: OdinLove]
Song Bird Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Indiana
Sorry I don't know any of that stuff. frown

But... I

I want to say:

Congrats! grin

Add Re: Tears egg to Twitter Add Re: Tears egg to Facebook Add Re: Tears egg to MySpace Add Re: Tears egg to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tears egg Add Re: Tears egg to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tears egg to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tears egg to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tears egg to Reddit
#182573 - 05/17/07 02:03 PM Re: Tears egg [Re: OdinLove]
sue! Offline
Great Friend

Loc: ny
you might wanna try reposting this in the breeding forum!

and i think you should just read the thread LLPB wrote. it's really not that long.

Add Re: Tears egg to Twitter Add Re: Tears egg to Facebook Add Re: Tears egg to MySpace Add Re: Tears egg to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tears egg Add Re: Tears egg to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tears egg to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tears egg to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tears egg to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
Yesterday at 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
Yesterday at 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Yesterday at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site