My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#360636 - 04/10/09 05:56 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
Grrr82CU Offline
Companion

Loc: Chicago, IL
This brief entry to correct something.

The statement...

Quote:
"To begin a calculation of the “date” of an event that occurred in December of 1 B.C.E. as to the interval between that and April 2 C.E. is not one year but four months."

...is incorrect and resulted from this writer experimenting with different year-dates seeking to create an example that would clearly illustrate the matter of no "0" year between 1 B.C.E. and 1 C.E.

It was thought that perhaps a longer time span might better illustrate the matter so the year 2 C.E. was used during composition. Before posting the entry, however, 2 C.E. should have been changed back to 1 C.E. so the year would have matched the time elapsed illustration. With the additional changes now added into the following correction, the illustration will hopefully be better as follows:

Quote:
"Looking at a typical calculation of the interval of time between two dates such as typified by one beginning in late December of 1 B.C.E. and lasting until early April 1 C.E., the elapsed time is not one year as would commonly be described with a statement something like "...lasting from 1 B.C.E. to 1 C.E." The actual time elapsed would be four months (give or take unspecified elapsed days in both December and April). So the duration of the event was not a "year" lasting from 1 B.C.E. to 1 C.E. but only four months long."

.Please insert this corrected entry in substitution of what appears in the post.

The focus on this issue is because when adding historic dates together as was done regarding Herod the Great's beginning of the work to rebuild the Temple with the elapsed time of forty-six years mentioned in the NT exchange between Jesus and the Jews (among them perhaps scribes and the merchants he drove out of the temple) to arrive at the year of that discussion, the result of one or the other returns (such as 28 C.E. or 29 C.E.) can appear to be "out-of-sync" with other known historical markers.

If one year (e.g.28 C.E) is used in a calculation in preference to another (29 C.E. or vice versa) to derive the year of Jesus' "Last Supper" and following death, the return will obviously be two different years - at least one of which will not match other required factors such as requiring the lunar record of Nisan 14 (accompanied by a full moon) to fall on a Friday in 32 C.E. to coincide with the NT description of the day-of-the-week upon which it actually fell.

This illustration highlights the difficulty that can be experienced when calculating spans of time between dates that cross over from B.C.E. to C.E. resulting from no "0" year in the calculation. More detail regarding why 29 C.E. rather than 28 C.E. is the better fit for basing the upcoming calculation of the year of Jesus' "Last Supper" and death in the next entry...when time permits.

Hopefully this explanation is more helpful than confusing as future entries continue to pursue the process of identifying the year of Jesus' death though the application and comparison of these historical markers.

And...Grrr82CU smile

Edited by Lisa Shea (12/29/12 11:31 PM)

Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Twitter Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Facebook Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to MySpace Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Reddit
#360639 - 04/10/09 06:39 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Thank you, Grrr82CU. smile
That's very interesting.

When I have time, I should like to look at it again, in conjunction with some books I have.

It's very complex ~ you must have spent a long time working on this.Have you sent your work to a publisher for consideration?

I think that it might be good to put it to a larger audience than the one you have here smile

Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Twitter Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Facebook Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to MySpace Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? to Reddit
#397933 - 03/28/10 05:48 PM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: PDM]
Giornale Offline

Loc: Planes, Trains & Automobiles -...
Grrr82CU

This is very challenging reading as "PDM" observed which is to say - detailed and complex.

You seem to be building towards presenting the actual day and year that Christ died according to your calculations and interpretation of information you have assembled. I have read other's presentations of this topic. Yours is very interesting, and you actually seem to have all the "building blocks" necessary (or very nearly) to form your final conclusions.

It has been a long time since you have posted any new "chapters" and perhaps I speak for others in saying that I would like to see more.

When are going to resume or finish your presentation of this very intriguing subject?

#397937 - 03/28/10 07:22 PM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Giornale]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Welcome Giornale smile
I hope that you will enjoy the forum smile

#398552 - 04/06/10 12:12 PM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I want to advise some caution in making too many inferences based on what was painted in this one particular painting. For example, Leonardo painted everyone on one side of the table. In reality they would have sat on both sides of the table. He only put them on one side to "make the painting work". So there could easily be other facts that he deliberately altered for aesthetic reasons rather than hard core realism reasons.

#402000 - 06/04/10 07:26 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
gluckrevolutioni Offline

This night was the literal end of meals for Our Lord. And in it he showed us another way that we might 'eat'. Perhaps Easter is an event where we should eat sparingly and not gorge ourselves.

#405426 - 10/20/10 02:10 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: gluckrevolutioni]

True Blue Soulmate

Well technically the whole period UP to Easter is about fasting - so you've already spent a dedicated period of time to fasting, as you head into Easter. Easter then is about gratitude for being able to provide your body with food again. I agree that you shouldn't be a glutton though.

#408310 - 01/15/11 03:44 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]

True Blue Soulmate

It's impressive to me how many people are still visiting this thread to learn from it! I'm curious, if you're a new visitor, please join us and let us know what enticed you to read about this topic!

#411042 - 03/03/11 11:42 PM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

Loc: Asheville, NC
It makes sense. It's not like interest in the painting will get stale. smile
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

#417854 - 09/13/11 07:06 AM Re: Leonardo's Painting - A Fatal Flaw ?? [Re: Grrr82CU]
Grrr82CU Offline
Companion

Loc: Chicago, IL
It's been a very long time since I have posted in this forum. A long-running battle with recurring "C" has been the primary drain on energy and the time necessary to tie all the threads of thought/investigation into this complex subject to a conclusion.

The desire to do so is still present - and hope to be able to do that at some point in the future for the enjoyment of those who have visited this topic in such numbers (never anticipated) to which I would like to say a simple "thank you" for the interest.

PDM - I miss our exchanges. Don't know when I will be back but hope to at some future time. Convey to your friend Lisa and our host - that the website she has updated since I last visited looks Grrr8 smile

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
Today at 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
Yesterday at 06:16 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/22/17 09:57 PM
Training two budgies
by Nhu
11/22/17 01:59 AM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
11/21/17 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site