two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#213683 - 09/10/07 07:31 PM New Kitten
Slawek Offline

Alright, I was at work earlier today and happened to see a kitten walking across the alley, so I decided to take it home. It looks sick and looks like it's leg is broken, which is why I'm taking it to the vet tomorrow.

But, aside from that, if anyone could give me some tips and information on taking care of a kitten such as food, bedding, etc. it would be great. Thanks.

Add  New Kitten to Twitter Add  New Kitten to Facebook Add  New Kitten to MySpace Add  New Kitten to Del.icio.us Digg  New Kitten Add  New Kitten to Yahoo My Web Add  New Kitten to Google Bookmarks Add  New Kitten to Stumbleupon Add  New Kitten to Reddit
#213691 - 09/10/07 07:43 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: Slawek]
WhitePegasus Offline
Best Friend

Loc: NH
i'm glad you were willing to help the little fella/lady out! Food, Kitten chow is best for them, some good brands include: Purina, Science Diet and Eukanuba. Science Diet is probably the best but you can only get it at pet stores.
As for bedding, most cats prefer your bed or a chair. Jinx (my cat) actually has his own butterfly chair with a pillow and blanket in it. he loves his chair. a lot of cats enjoy window seats as well, you can get those at pet stores too.
feel free to PM me with questions. I'll do my best to answer them! Good luck with the new addition. be sure to post some fliers and notify the local shelters just in case someone is missing the little guy/girl.

Add Re:  New Kitten to Twitter Add Re:  New Kitten to Facebook Add Re:  New Kitten to MySpace Add Re:  New Kitten to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  New Kitten Add Re:  New Kitten to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  New Kitten to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  New Kitten to Stumbleupon Add Re:  New Kitten to Reddit
#213792 - 09/11/07 02:08 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: WhitePegasus]
LoRaXspeek4keets Offline
Soulmate

Loc: NY
oooooo pictures pictures pictures!!!! laugh

Add Re:  New Kitten to Twitter Add Re:  New Kitten to Facebook Add Re:  New Kitten to MySpace Add Re:  New Kitten to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  New Kitten Add Re:  New Kitten to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  New Kitten to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  New Kitten to Stumbleupon Add Re:  New Kitten to Reddit
#213804 - 09/11/07 02:21 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: LoRaXspeek4keets]
Coco's Mama Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Ya we don't care if the leg is broken kittens cannot be made uncute. You're a cat hero are you hoping to find the owners or do you secretly wish to keep him if he gets a clean bill o' health?

#213816 - 09/11/07 02:51 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: Coco's Mama]
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Rochester, Michigan
make with the photos!!!

=]

www.skgeckos.com

#213871 - 09/11/07 06:30 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: The_Zookeeper]
Candice Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Texas
lol, like everyone else, I came for the pictures xD

#213946 - 09/12/07 07:24 AM Re: New Kitten [Re: Candice]
ShamRockStar Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: South Jersey
aww! You're such a good person!
go to petsmart's cat section and just wander around, they have a lot of really nice pet beds for cheap, they also have fleecy blankets for you to put on the furniture so that the cat hair doesnt get everywhere. they also have like ever brand of cat food ever.
really it's a wonderful thing.
*Darcy* 7.2.09

#214324 - 09/14/07 07:53 AM Re: New Kitten [Re: ShamRockStar]
budgiegirl Offline
Regular

Loc: U.S.
I happened to have a friend who recently was in the same ordeal. You should give the cat a flea and tick shampoo bath. Just in case- you never know. As for when you said bedding I suppose you meant like cat litter...? You should get a litter box and for the litter a very good one is fresh step. It doesn't smell so bad(unless you get extra close) and the grain is very small so the kitten won't get his/her paws hurt.

#214410 - 09/14/07 04:06 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: budgiegirl]
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Rochester, Michigan
as long as the shampoo is safe for kittens of that age.. some you have to wait until a certain time or weight to be able to use.

www.skgeckos.com

#214414 - 09/14/07 04:57 PM Re: New Kitten [Re: The_Zookeeper]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
I think that we'll be getting some kittens on Sunday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
11/16/17 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site