My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#264032 - 02/29/08 03:46 PM Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies!
KimmieD Offline

Loc: NM
Hi all, I am new to the forum but needed some advice. My heart is breaking and I'm not at all sure what actions I need to take or even who to speak to about the problem I witnessed. Yesterday when I was at the petstore getting a new perch for my baby snow white, I had the unfortunate experience of seeing how the new little budgies arrived and were placed at the store. Appalling does not even come close. They were shipped to the store in a very small box, there had to have been about 20 budgies shoved in a box about the size of 12"x4". When they opened the box they just dropped (shook the poor babies out) into their new home at the store from about 8 feet up. Out of 20, nine were seriously injured. 6 had broken a leg or two in the fall and 3 just fell to the bottom and laid motionless breathing heavily on their stomachs. Of course I raised hell, called management over and made them watch. I took a few photos with my phone while they were trying to gather up the injured budgies. They retrieved them and put them into a tiny little box on top of each other and took them into a back room. I threw a fit to go and see what they were doing with them but they wouldn't let me and threatened to call the police If I didn't calm down. I know in my heart they just discarded them. My question is--who do I contact about this--there has to be something that I can do or can be done to stop this treatment of the birds. I will never shop there again but that is not enough! I called our humane society and they didn't seem to interested to help. If it had been dogs or cats they would have taken me seriously. Sorry so long but any advice I would appreciate.

Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264038 - 02/29/08 03:51 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: KimmieD]
Samiya Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: California
i will kill them!!!! mad mad mad mad

gosh,the deserve to go to hell, NOW.

repport them now.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264039 - 02/29/08 03:51 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Samiya]
Samiya Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: California
oh sorry,welcome to the forum.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264040 - 02/29/08 03:53 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: KimmieD]
pretty bird Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
How awful I would report to the better business bureau for sure.
I don't think I ever would shop there either. I'd write an article and send to your local paper as well.
These people sound like morrons!!!!!!!!!!

My name is Connie

#264041 - 02/29/08 03:53 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Samiya]
The_Zookeeper Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Rochester, Michigan
write letters to managment officials, boycot the store.... I cant think of anything else at the moment... but that is sick

Edited by The_Zookeeper (02/29/08 03:53 PM)

www.skgeckos.com

#264042 - 02/29/08 03:54 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Samiya]
Kariva Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

Loc: Sycamore,IL
call the humane society if that doesnt work call the agriculture department for your state tahts what ive done

#264045 - 02/29/08 03:58 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Kariva]
val313 Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Missouri
Send those pics to the local media and call the Better Business Bureau asap.
You can also report them to the ASPCA. Where do you live???

This is a helpful link to help you report animal abuse.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/animal_cruelty/reporting_abuse/pet_stores.php

RIP Peeps

#264046 - 02/29/08 04:01 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Kariva]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

that is so sick. how could they treat them like that? just dump them out of a teeny box and break there legs? unbelievable. would you mind sharing what store this is?

#264047 - 02/29/08 04:02 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: bfdaj]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

I swear I will never go to that pet store if you tell which one it is.

#264049 - 02/29/08 04:03 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: val313]
Jessica Rawks Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Horrible.

You should have told them to go ahead and call the police, and to call the ASPCA and BBB, too, while they were making calls.

Report them. That's about all you can do, really.

Welcome to the forum!!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site