two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#264137 - 03/01/08 02:10 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]  
Amethyst Offline
Best Friend
Amethyst  Offline
Best Friend

California
oh, how awful! if you ever see that again, you should take the injured birds to a shelter to be loved, if you can. 3bud recently had a bad expirience, but not that bad!

#264139 - 03/01/08 02:11 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: bfdaj]  
OdinLove Offline
Long Time Friend
OdinLove  Offline
Long Time Friend

What kind of work do you do KimmieD, maybe their is an opening at Petco for you in the Avian Department.

Praise thee Leafe'
#264143 - 03/01/08 02:20 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: OdinLove]  
KimmieD Offline
KimmieD  Offline

NM
I am actually a web designer. Although I love my babies-I only have 2(so far lol)I wouldn't think that would qualify me--however, it doesn't appear that at this Petco you need much too qualify. Hmmm, something to think about...............

#264153 - 03/01/08 02:29 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]  
Samiya Offline
Tin Star Soulmate
Samiya  Offline
Tin Star Soulmate

California
well my petco is good.evey thing is clean,and they are kind.thank goodness.

#264207 - 03/01/08 03:20 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Samiya]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
helwati
Unregistered

i would have told them CALL THE POLICE PLEASE DO

you should call the ASCPA go to their website they have a hotline for this kind of thing.

its disgusting these big chains makes me sick ... they have laws and regulations but they disobey them and ucz they are some big corporation they get away with it.

i hate to tell you but they probally broke their necks and trashed the injured birds.

i would have DEMANDED that they let me file a complaint agains the specific employee.

call the local shelter/aspca in your area and raise hell. PLEASE.

knowing me i would of spent my grocery money and bought all of them LMAO i get so PISSED OFF to a degree i cant control myself when i see stuff like this .... id of ended up in jail but by god those birds would of been safe lol

please call the aspca.

#264211 - 03/01/08 03:24 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
helwati
Unregistered

grrr petco

they are the DEVIL

i got my birds from petco only cuz i felt if im buying birds i should rescue them from evil petco and ill buy my other birds from petco as well so at least i know those birds are safe.

they are truly evil

and its cuz they hire their employees off the streets not caring to train them and the employees could care less that this is a living thing.

i went in few weeks back to get some seeds cuz petsmart was out of the kind i get and i saw the sweetest little gurl lutino sittin on her stomach on the floor.

NOT NORMAL

i told the guy and he was like oh ok and walked off i went after him and yelled LOUD EXCUSE ME .... that bird is HURT you need to help her NOW or i am calling ASPCA and i will plaster pictures of YOU and this bird all over the place.

LOL they picked her up and the manager ( a woman) promised me she had no idea and thanked me and promised she would be ok and would be looked after ...

just makes me SICK ...

#264222 - 03/01/08 03:36 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]  
2cuties Offline
Good Friend
2cuties  Offline
Good Friend

Far North Queensland/Australi...
wow people have had some bad experiences seems that i live in Australia we dont have Petco. I think this situation is very sad and it makes me love my babies even more

Last edited by 2 cuties; 03/01/08 03:37 AM.

<3 Cheepi Cheerful <3 & <3 Lovely Louie <3
#264231 - 03/01/08 03:43 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: 2cuties]  
2cuties Offline
Good Friend
2cuties  Offline
Good Friend

Far North Queensland/Australi...
people think that these little creatures have no life or feelings just coz they are birds. Well they DO and it breaks my heart to hear of these things happening . A petstore that i go to sometimes has all this little budgies and they are about 15 of em in this little cage with no toys just newspaper on the floor and a bowl of water and seed . Birds are very precious animals and can be easily harmed .Last night when i fed my dog cal i noticed he was sniffing this baby bird and trying to eat him so i put him in a cage and took him next door where i knew the nest was . he went safely back in his nest and i felt so happy smile I know this does not relate to the topic but if i would have left him he probably would have gotten taken. And it shows that these animals are so precious . Budgies are so small you are afraid you will hurt them coz they are so tiny !

Last edited by 2 cuties; 03/01/08 03:43 AM.

<3 Cheepi Cheerful <3 & <3 Lovely Louie <3
#264251 - 03/01/08 04:13 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]  
Missy_Welden Offline
Friend
Missy_Welden  Offline
Friend

Ontario, Canada
It's things like this that makes me want to buy every bird I see. So many peple just think birds are birds and like objects so who cares and that they are retarded (I have had sooo many people say that, some who OWN birds themselves). Big chains just hire anyone and half those people are likely just taking the job because they couldn't find one anywhere else. There are some stores that are good, but I can just never tell frown.

It's like people treat birds not like animals but as plants, who cares how you treat a plant...and plants are disposable right... frown

Perhaps you should look into where the closest bird shelter is. I just found out recently there is a shelter just for birds in my new town that seems like a GREAT place for all breeds.

#264257 - 03/01/08 04:27 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Missy_Welden]  
KimmieD Offline
KimmieD  Offline

NM
I know what you mean. Of the survivors there was the prettiest almost all white (but a touch of violet under the wings and at the tips of the wings) I have ever seen. I so want to go and rescue her (she just kept looking at me like ("DO SOMETHING ALREADY")But I don't want to support the store! If we keep buying the birds out of pity, simple economics says this will definately continue! My heart totally overrides my brain at times. I think I need her!!!!

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Latest Posts
free will
by Lisa Shea. 01/24/18 03:03 AM
The Hand and The Knife
by Lisa Shea. 01/24/18 03:00 AM
Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism
by Lisa Shea. 01/24/18 02:59 AM
Forum Upgrade Complete
by Lisa Shea. 01/24/18 02:51 AM
Art Marketing Books Giveaway
by Lisa Shea. 01/24/18 02:28 AM
"Something New" Photography Challenge
by Lisa Shea. 01/23/18 09:33 PM
Zoo Cozy Mystery series
by Lisa Shea. 01/22/18 11:17 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea. 01/16/18 07:20 AM
namaste meditation dual-photography project
by Lisa Shea. 01/15/18 04:44 AM
low carb diet
by Lisa Shea. 01/15/18 03:46 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site