My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#264259 - 02/29/08 08:28 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Missy_Welden]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
I completely agree with you missyswelden. And Amethyst, that was a Petsmart but none the less horrible.

But this abuse is just plain sick, sick sick! Inhumane and disgusting. Zoo, you may not want people to get worked up about this but lord help me, all people with this ever-dwindling amount of sympathy deserve to rot in the bowels of hell. How can you have such a black heart - how can you just throw away a live animal and then just go about your day?

Wow ...

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Reddit
#264276 - 02/29/08 09:01 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Stephen]
KimmieD Offline

Loc: NM
Ok, quick update: I have contacted the (corporate headquarters) for Petco and spoke to a Communications Representative and They transferred me to someone they said was management but how do I know for sure? Of course they seemed appalled and promised me that they would look into the allegation. I will suprise them with another call later next week to make sure they upheld their part. I have filed a complaint with the BBB online--it's amazing how many complaints a company can actually have before being investigated!! Our petco, not suprizingly, has had numerous complaints.
Our Aspca is the same as our humane society and they pretty much were not interested in what I had to tell them. I asked them what they might do if I called and told them that I witnessed 20 puppies being tossed from about 30 feet up and then the ones who had been injured in the fall just were discarded of? Does no one realize that these birds are smarter than most animals?? I have a german shepherd who is extremely bright and I love him with all my heart, but I haven't yet taught him to talk!!!!!
I am still working on my bit to put in the local paper. I have to be able to reach people who are and who are not bird lovers and this will be tricky. I also have to do it without too much emotion, but enough to make people take notice! Any ideas on some things to write would be appreciated.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Reddit
#264281 - 02/29/08 09:08 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Kudos to you. What else did the ASPCA say to you?

#264282 - 02/29/08 09:12 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Stephen]
helwati
Unregistered

good job smile you are doing the right thing

who exactly did you talk to at the aspca???

you probally talked to some operator or volunteer phone person ... if i were you i would actually go there and show them the pictures and tell them they need to do something about it.

or go to the websites and call the national office and complain.

#264295 - 02/29/08 09:35 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]
KimmieD Offline

Loc: NM
They pretty much told me that they had 19 cases to investigate before me and that these cases took priority. I asked them exactly when they could get around to looking in to this and they said that they could not give me an exact date. It was pretty much a blow off. So now, I have an issue with our Aspca too lol. Maybe by the end of this week I will have ruffled everyones feathers in this town (no punn intended lol).

#264314 - 02/29/08 10:04 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Wow, that totally sucks. Our humane societies don't even care. What next?

#264334 - 02/29/08 10:51 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Stephen]
missir16 Offline
Companion

Loc: Arizona
That is so sad i feel the same way as helwati, i would buy another one from petco or say petsmart just to rescue the poor thing.

#264336 - 03/01/08 12:17 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Jessica Rawks]
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: n.y
depending on where you live there are different animal laws.I would file an official report with the police, aspca and any animal rights group were you live.I also would alert the media.what a horrible way to treat any animal.I hope they get a big fine.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264350 - 03/01/08 05:26 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: big bad momma]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Yeah, I know locally there is a trouble shoter with ABC 11 News and she goes and helps out people who have had problems with the law and are or are being ignored by the people who can do something about their problem.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264393 - 03/01/08 08:08 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: Stephen]
missir16 Offline
Companion

Loc: Arizona
Yeah we have that here too.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Today at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site