My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#264409 - 03/01/08 09:15 AM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! [Re: missir16]
helwati
Unregistered

wow ... aspca is ussually ready to jump on this stuff .. like i said call the national office ... which is in new york city and complain about your local branch.

call government officials.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies! to Reddit
#264469 - 03/01/08 12:23 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: KimmieD]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

if you buy stuff from even a good petco you are supporting the bad ones too.

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Reddit
#264474 - 03/01/08 12:27 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: bfdaj]
IronFront Offline
Soulmate

These are the places you should contact:

ASPCA
Humane Society
Local Media
PETA
POLICE!!!!

Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Twitter Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Facebook Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to MySpace Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Stumbleupon Add Re:  Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies to Reddit
#264482 - 03/01/08 12:57 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: IronFront]
helwati
Unregistered

yea good idea

peta is crazy .. contact them they dont play around

#264497 - 03/01/08 01:35 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
I have to say I will have to keep buying from Petco and Petsmart merely because I can't drive myself to the few local petstores we have around us. We even have an amazing bird store called the Birdie Boutique, but since my parents will only drive me to those places once in a while, I will still have to buy my main supplies from the chains. Sorry. smirk

#264538 - 03/01/08 03:02 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: Stephen]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

I'm going to try to convince my parents to take me somewhere besides petco for the stuff Jess needs at all costs.

#264547 - 03/01/08 03:10 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: bfdaj]
helwati
Unregistered

a new pet store opened by us and they sell lots of bird stuff so i might just go there to buy supplies from now on.

#264557 - 03/01/08 03:18 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

I would go for it. If I can convince my parents to take me to another pet store than I will. But I can sort of see my resolve breaking down as I realize how inconvenient that might be.

#264559 - 03/01/08 03:21 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: bfdaj]
helwati
Unregistered

yea i just feel so badly for the birds that i want to rescue them:( but as for supplies im for sure not goin there anymore.

and im all for boycotting ... but as a career activist i know how much work that takes and how little effect it actually has ... it has to be a severely massive thing for it to even make a dent.

but on a personal level it does ease the personal consceince so in that its totally worth it.

i jsut wana go buy every single bird they have frown

#264573 - 03/01/08 03:34 PM Re: Appalled!! Pet store treatment of new budgies [Re: ]
bfdaj Offline
Best Friend

I thought that would be a good idea too, -buy as many pets as you can. but they are just going to get more.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site