My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#306464 - 07/01/08 12:50 AM Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? [Re: ShamRockStar]
bluegreen Offline

Originally Posted By: HEATHEsaurusREX
try playing keet sounds form the computer from an open window near the cage to tempt him as well

That's a good idea, where I could I get something like that? I was wondering, do they have "fake" toy parakeets that I could put in the cage to trick/encourage him? What about a mirror-would that help?

My parents sent me a pic of him from the other day. It's out of focus, but I thought you might want to see him anyway.

Edited by bluegreen (07/01/08 01:11 AM)
Edit Reason: added photo

Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Twitter Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Facebook Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to MySpace Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Reddit
#306483 - 07/01/08 08:47 AM Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? [Re: bluegreen]
Me & 6 Fids Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Maryland
Youtube is a great source for something quick smile
Lovie(LB)
Shibi-Shibi(LB)
Sunny(LB)
Pauli(LB)

Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Twitter Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Facebook Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to MySpace Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Stumbleupon Add Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? to Reddit
#306504 - 07/01/08 09:58 AM Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? [Re: Me & 6 Fids]
*helwa*
Unregistered

wow he is pretty:)

the cage will probally work eventually... bird seed inside millet would for sure attract him specially since chances are he was a pet of someone at some time ... so he knows millet is a treat:

toys are good ... anything shiny to reflect the sun so he sees the cage.

and sit the cage out a ways from the house ... like just off the porch or where you normall see him hanging around.

also put a bowl of water in there ... they love to play in it and when flying around water reflect sunlight and they see it easily:)

i hope you do cacth him

#306817 - 07/02/08 12:29 AM Re: How to catch escaped parakeet? [Re: ]
bluegreen Offline

My parents saw him a couple of times today (Tuesday) but no luck catching him yet. I wonder if he is becoming wild.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Mystery Story A Day
by Lisa Shea
33 minutes 44 seconds ago
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Today at 04:53 PM
What kind of toys for smart parakeet?
by Kymber
Today at 03:00 PM
Nike Air Max 90 EM moins cher
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:34 PM
Nike Roshe Run Yeezy 2 online bestellen
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:30 PM
Need Honest Critique Of Website
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:17 PM
Total Freedom
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:13 PM
If you were God
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:06 PM
Writing an Exhibition Proposal
by Lisa Shea
10/14/14 06:45 PM
I got my parakeet from a pet store
by Kymber
10/14/14 09:00 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site