My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#306926 - 07/02/08 01:09 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Darkness]
*helwa*
Unregistered

That is the problem

they SHOULD be testing for these things, its part of proper care for animals, and being responsible for the health of humans as well.

Which is why they should not be selling live animals. They dont need to sell animals to make a profit, sell supplies not animals.

Let alone the torture most of these animals go through to get there.

And I am currently working on a lawsuit myself with petco, for now flat out lying and refusing to pay for sameh and max's vet bill even though my vet had a signed contract from their corporate office.

I know i will win, because i was smart enough to get it in writing lol ...and i caught their illness in time.

These bloody corporations think they can just do whatever they want and get away withit.

Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Twitter Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Facebook Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to MySpace Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Stumbleupon Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Reddit
#306928 - 07/02/08 01:14 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
Darkness Offline
Soulmate

Oh yeah they do helwa.

That I can't agree with more.

Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Twitter Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Facebook Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to MySpace Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Stumbleupon Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Reddit
#306931 - 07/02/08 01:24 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Darkness]
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend

I agree with that Helwa.

#306932 - 07/02/08 01:25 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Darkness]
*helwa*
Unregistered

yup evil i tell ya pure evil

lol

#306933 - 07/02/08 01:35 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
zyl Offline
Companion

Loc: MA
i bought 3 of my 4 keets from a petsmart, i refused to get them from the across the street petco cause that place is dirty. ive had no problems with my birds and they are healthy. i personally dont think a whole company should be blamed for 1-2 stores faults. its like when there was an issue here with a KFC when i was 10-11 yrs old. it got shut down because their food had bacteria in it, but the whole company wasnt to blame, it was that one store that wasnt handling meat properly which caused it to get shut down, and the company paid for peoples med bills for having to go to the hospital

#307026 - 07/02/08 08:02 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: zyl]
SillyBird Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Canada!
Love the way you think helwa! I coudlnt agree more. Animals go through such torture just to get to those chain stores. Its horrifying the stories I've heard! frown Poor babies..

I think, if you cant keep the animals safe and healthy, dont keep them at all!
Peachy&#9829;05|20|07 [lovebird]
Missy&#9829;05|23|09 [cat]

#307027 - 07/02/08 08:09 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: SillyBird]
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend

As someone who has alot of experience working in the big box pet store industry I want to say, the stories I could tell you would horrify you.

The DEFINATELY should in the very least, have legislation as to how the animals are treated, from the source to the store.

But that would eat into prifits making it unfeasable for these large corporate pet stores to stay in business. My suggestion? I think Helwa hit it right on the money. Shut 'em down.

When I was a kid, we had out local petshop, you could buy any manner of small pets there, and fish, and anything exotic, or large, say a cat or a dog, you would just ask Miriam, the owner for a breeders number. She either had it, or would find it for you.

What happened to that?

#307034 - 07/02/08 08:36 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: 428pm]
bluegreen Offline

Petsmart had to stop adopting parakeets for several weeks earlier this year because of a psittacosis scare. Their suppliers are scum. I wouldn't buy a parakeet from Petco or Petsmart.

Look at this and tell me you still want to buy anything from Petsmart: http://www.petsmartcruelty.com/

#307037 - 07/02/08 08:53 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: 428pm]
thekeetdad Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: missouri
they cant blame that i seen it on the news and it said after if u keep your cage clean and get fresh food and fresh water every day your birds couldnt very easily get it i searched it and also it it said that a bad enviorment like on the petsmart vidio of how horrible they where to them i cant find the link right now hmm well anyway any bird could get the disese basically but i thought it was kinda crazy

new bird mia

#307042 - 07/02/08 09:28 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: thekeetdad]
tiger's mom Offline
Good Friend

Loc: upstate new york
If the big pet chain stores do not care (and i mean CARE... not just give food and water) for animals properly, they should NOT sell them. Period. Maybe that would get rid of the common impression that parakeets are a "good introductory bird" almost as if you practice with a budgie, or worst yet, that they are a ‘disposable’ pet. I think Helwa said it best, "these big chain stores should not be allowed to sell live animals, specially when it is so obvious they have neither the knowledge, concern, expertise or people to care for them properly. " I know everyone does not live near a breeder, and that could make it hard. I am wondering if there are smaller 'mom and pop' pet stores around? I know there are some around here. At the very least, maybe assertive, intelligent, caring people taking them to task legally (cough/helwa) will bring on the needed change. I am doing my (somewhat small) part by no longer shopping at these stores, and encouraging other to so the same. I intend to send back my frequent shopper cards along with a letter to Petsmart, Petco, and Pet Depot.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Today at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site