My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#307165 - 07/03/08 10:36 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Darkness]
*helwa*
Unregistered

thats all we can do ... is do our best:)

At least the birds bought there get good homes:) ... most of the time

I got jazzie, nunu and sameh from petco ... jazzie and nunu had no problems ... max and sameh did.

gus came from petco but he was rescued medicated and fixed before i got him:)

Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Twitter Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Facebook Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to MySpace Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Stumbleupon Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Reddit
#307382 - 07/03/08 07:33 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
Stephen Offline
True Blue Soulmate

Loc: North Carolina
Helwa ... I love you. LMAO. But sriously, I agree whole-heartedly with every post you've made in this thread.

Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Twitter Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Facebook Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to MySpace Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Stumbleupon Add Re:  'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame to Reddit
#307400 - 07/03/08 08:05 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Stephen]
Pepperhil Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Va.
I bought my tiel from a breeder.
But petsmart has such a bad rep when it comes to birds. We have a store that just opened in March or April and their birds are STILL under quarantine. I don't think I would buy a bird from them, or any animal. I might buy supplies, but no living creature.
Sammy
Sascha

RIP Sawyer

#307437 - 07/04/08 01:38 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Pepperhil]
*helwa*
Unregistered

yea ....even now i see sick birds at petco. petsmart here just started selling birds again and they are giving a certificate to show they tested claer... which is a good thing but i still dont trust it much.

#307448 - 07/04/08 05:57 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
Aruba's-mom
Unregistered

I got lucky. I bought Aruba at a PetSmart in Madison. I had not found this site or heard anything on the negative of these stores. Aruba is healthy and happy so it's good I got him out of there before he got sick. smile

#307459 - 07/04/08 07:46 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
Cetan Offline
Soulmate

Loc: Michigan
Not all local mom and pop pet stores are good either. I recently went to a small local store and they had too mant keets in too small a cage. My local Pet Supplies Plus is a chain but when they have keets they are in a big area ans always seem happy and playful, I got my Sweetboy and Sweetgirl there years ago and they have always been healthy. I think it depends on the individual store.

#307495 - 07/04/08 09:36 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: Cetan]
*helwa*
Unregistered

yes local stores can be just as bad or worse no doubt about it.

#307509 - 07/04/08 10:12 AM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: ]
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend

yes we have a mom and pop place around here that had 6 rabbits kept in a 30 gallon tank. I called the spca. They had no bedding, not that it mattered since there was no room to lie down anyhow frown

I tried to count how many budgies they had in a single cage and stopped counting at 40. The cage was only slightly larger than mine, I have a small vision cage shocked

#307547 - 07/04/08 01:54 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: 428pm]
pinksnowme Offline
Best Friend

Loc: Moreno Valley, Ca
That's horible The place I got Marina from was similar. I felt like I was rescuing her instead of just getting a pet...

#307570 - 07/04/08 04:10 PM Re: 'Parrot Fever' Death: PetSmart to Blame [Re: pinksnowme]
428pm Offline
Long Time Friend

I know, and to think, I feel bad because my 2 live in a vision cage, I wish I had bigger for them. And to cram over 40 birds into a cage like that. WOW.

I complained about a snakes they had as well, it was a burmese python, still young, but even still they are large snakes. They had it in a 30 gallon tank, the poor thing didnt even have the room to EVER uncoil. It had sores on its nose from seeking (when they are in small tanks, they push their noses on all the edges looking for escape).

There needs to be laws regulating to standard of care for animals in pet stores, for the most part the smaller stores are better, but they still have some serious horror stories.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by nopqrs876950
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:07 PM
How to Express Birthday Greetings?
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:05 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:04 PM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by nopqrs876950
12/06/17 12:05 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by rstuvw579648
12/02/17 12:10 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Matthew 12:40
by nopqrs876950
11/29/17 11:12 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/28/17 06:40 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site