My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#324847 - 09/06/08 01:13 PM a new keet(finally)
peteytheparakeet Offline
Companion

Loc: new jersey
i just got back from petsmart with a buddy for petey. I picked he/she out because earlier in the week it was coming up to me from behind the glass. Today it did the same thing and i knew i wanted it. It was sitting in my lap for like 5 minutes and it looked like it was falling asleep and it was like making clicking noises. I just named the keet Baxter. Ill have some pictures up soon grin

Add  a new keet(finally) to Twitter Add  a new keet(finally) to Facebook Add  a new keet(finally) to MySpace Add  a new keet(finally) to Del.icio.us Digg  a new keet(finally) Add  a new keet(finally) to Yahoo My Web Add  a new keet(finally) to Google Bookmarks Add  a new keet(finally) to Stumbleupon Add  a new keet(finally) to Reddit
#324895 - 09/06/08 04:13 PM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: peteytheparakeet]
blumom Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: northern New Jersey
so wonderful. congratulations. can't wait to see pics.

Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Twitter Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Facebook Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to MySpace Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  a new keet(finally) Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Stumbleupon Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Reddit
#324919 - 09/06/08 05:39 PM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: blumom]
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered

Woohoo!! Can't wait for pictures smile

Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Twitter Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Facebook Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to MySpace Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Del.icio.us Digg Re:  a new keet(finally) Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Yahoo My Web Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Google Bookmarks Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Stumbleupon Add Re:  a new keet(finally) to Reddit
#324995 - 09/06/08 09:34 PM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: ]
peteytheparakeet Offline
Companion

haha thanks. ill wait till hes a bit less spooked to take pictures. right now hes just staring at me lol. He looks comfortable and scared at the same time, its pretty weird. Atleast he found the millet seed i put in there for him.Hopefully by tommorow he'll feel a little more comfortable in his new home..

#324997 - 09/06/08 09:38 PM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: peteytheparakeet]
B1RD Offline
Great Friend

Congrats! What color(s) is he.

#325016 - 09/06/08 10:42 PM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: B1RD]
peteytheparakeet Offline
Companion

Hes kind of a weird mix of yellow and green. His top half of his chest is yellow then it turns into a very light green. His tail is also a lighter shade of green.

#325018 - 09/07/08 12:10 AM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: peteytheparakeet]
CRAZYOTAKU Offline
Regular

Loc: NY
Petsmart...I wouldn't have chosen there...They have their animals confined to cramped areas and don't bother to give their animals the proper diets they need. They are just sales. They care nothing for their "merchandise."

Congrats on the new bird though! I hope you post pics soon!

#325023 - 09/07/08 12:32 AM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: CRAZYOTAKU]
big bad momma Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: n.y
welcome to the forum.the noises mean it's a happy and contended little birdie who is singing it self to sleep.read Lisa advice on hand training.

#325028 - 09/07/08 05:06 AM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: big bad momma]
*helwa
Unregistered

congrats!!!!

#325055 - 09/07/08 06:52 AM Re: a new keet(finally) [Re: peteytheparakeet]
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: peteytheparakeet
haha thanks. ill wait till hes a bit less spooked to take pictures......
I must get lucky with my birds. They have all been very photogenic from day one! LOL Of course most of my pictures I take from 10-12 ft. away and use zoom so maybe that helps. IDK

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Training two budgies
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by Lisa Shea
11/27/17 05:47 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site