Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 3 of 58 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 57 58 >
Topic Options
#344842 - 01/01/09 09:31 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: kksuns]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
Carl, it sounds like you're an avid reader..by any chance have you read any Stephen Hunter books?

Add Re: Question of the day! to Twitter Add Re: Question of the day! to Facebook Add Re: Question of the day! to MySpace Add Re: Question of the day! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Question of the day! Add Re: Question of the day! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Question of the day! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Question of the day! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Question of the day! to Reddit
#344848 - 01/01/09 09:44 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: kksuns]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
Yes, I have been since the second grade in school (started with those little blue cloth-bound biographies). And sorry, no, I haven't read any Stephen Hunter books. What genre?

Edited by Carl (01/01/09 09:45 AM)

Add Re: Question of the day! to Twitter Add Re: Question of the day! to Facebook Add Re: Question of the day! to MySpace Add Re: Question of the day! to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Question of the day! Add Re: Question of the day! to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Question of the day! to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Question of the day! to Stumbleupon Add Re: Question of the day! to Reddit
#344849 - 01/01/09 09:46 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: kksuns]
luv my bird
Unregistered

I love Janet Evanovich. My daughter-in-law and I always try to figure out what movie stars would play the book's characters.
Obviously, grandma calls for someone who's feisty. Morelli, a hot, good-looking guy. Stephanie, I have problems casting her character. I think The Rock would be a perfect Ranger. What do you think, Kelley?

#344850 - 01/01/09 09:48 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: kksuns]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Originally Posted By: kksuns
Yeah me too Carl smile Have you read her JD Robb books?

Yeah, sure have. On one of our Fall Colors trips to the Northeast, Marge, her sister Rosanne, and I came back by Nora Roberts' book store. Gotta say the workmanship of the book shelves and all aren't all that good, but probably it was the "cut of his jib" that looked good to Nora rather than his carpentry (talking about the man she married).

#344854 - 01/01/09 10:10 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: Carl]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
Diane, my best friend and I always thought the Stehanie Plum novels would make a great tv series too. Hey, you could be the casting director!
Carl, here's a link to a Stephen Hunter site-I really loved the Bob Lee Swagger and Earl Swagger series and have also read most of the others-all good. My dad is the one who introduced me to them years ago. I think you'd like them. Check it out
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/stephen-hunter/

#344858 - 01/01/09 10:30 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: kksuns]
luv my bird
Unregistered

What an amazing idea. Yes, it would make a great series. I'll start casting immediately.

#344865 - 01/01/09 11:53 AM Re: Question of the day! [Re: Carl]
ZorkZork69 Offline
Companion

Originally Posted By: Carl
I'm reading Wm. Paul Young's The Shack.

I heard that book sucked majorly. Does it???

#344872 - 01/01/09 12:08 PM Re: Question of the day! [Re: BLR]
SweetBirdies Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: BLR
OK it is January 1, 2009

New Question

What was the last book you read?

I am in the middle of twilight by Stephenie Meyer

the last book i actually read and finished was a Readers Digest. LOL!!!! laugh i don't like to read much. altho, if i get my hands on a really good book that someone passes down to me to read, i would read it. otherwise i am pretty boring on this ?... hehe crazy

Bella

#344873 - 01/01/09 12:12 PM Re: Question of the day! [Re: ZorkZork69]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Originally Posted By: ZorkZork69
Originally Posted By: Carl
I'm reading Wm. Paul Young's The Shack.

I heard that book sucked majorly. Does it???

I'm only to page 46 (plus the foreword), with all the bowl games and dinners and family activities going on, but so far I am finding it to be quite interesting. From the foreword, I expect that it is in an area that I have long thought about. So I am quite optimistic.

#344879 - 01/01/09 12:22 PM Re: Question of the day! [Re: Carl]
luv my bird
Unregistered

Carl, speaking of bowl games... oh wait, that's another thread.

Page 3 of 58 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 57 58 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 10:06 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site