Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#352879 - 02/20/09 02:42 PM can canarys and parakeets live together?
guess what? Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Goose Creek
I want to get a canary, but would canarys and parakeets get along? I know that cockitiels get along, parakeets can get along with cockitiels. so why wouldn't a canary get along with parakeets? But I want to make sure before I do anything drastic.

Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Twitter Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Facebook Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to MySpace Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Del.icio.us Digg can canarys and parakeets live together? Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Yahoo My Web Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Google Bookmarks Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Stumbleupon Add can canarys and parakeets live together? to Reddit
#352892 - 02/20/09 04:05 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: guess what?]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
I am not thinking that they could be in the same cage. I read why somewhere but don't recall right now.

Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Twitter Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Facebook Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to MySpace Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Stumbleupon Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Reddit
#352896 - 02/20/09 04:21 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: BLR]
guess what? Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Goose Creek
I would assume its the slight size difference. But what about the cockitiels? There so much bigger than parakeets but they seem to get along fine.

Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Twitter Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Facebook Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to MySpace Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Stumbleupon Add Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? to Reddit
#352904 - 02/20/09 04:52 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: guess what?]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

No it had to do with them not getting along. I don't remember if the canaries picked on the keets or the other way around. It seems like it was the canaries that were aggresive.

#352905 - 02/20/09 04:57 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: BLR]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

mabe they would get along
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOsyLkM7aVM

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-&p=canaries%20and%20budgies&type=

I did have a sparrow in with gilbert when I first got him and they got along great - Gilbert seed shared and helped Jack up the ladder (he was crippled) and encouraed him all the time to try to climb. It was really sweet.

Edited by BLR (02/20/09 04:58 PM)

#352908 - 02/20/09 05:20 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: BLR]
Caribbean mom :)
Unregistered

I think there are always exceptions to everything but in general it is a good idea to not house different species together. They may be able to enjoy supervised play time but for the most part Canary's are not social like Budgies are.

#352929 - 02/20/09 07:37 PM Re: can canarys and parakeets live together? [Re: ]
*helwa
Unregistered

a canary and a keet are two different species of birds.

they eat different things and a canary is signifigantly smaller than a keet, and with the keet being the more assertive of the two the canaray would be at risk.,

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 04:50 PM
Playing with cover ideas for my new series - an Ar
by Lisa Shea
10/21/14 05:16 PM
Broodie girl?
by Annlewis
10/21/14 04:59 PM
Mystery Story A Day
by Lisa Shea
10/21/14 03:09 AM
FREE Parakeet Ebook
by Greenboy
10/20/14 05:16 AM
What kind of toys for smart parakeet?
by Kymber
10/19/14 03:00 PM
Nike Air Max 90 EM moins cher
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:34 PM
Nike Roshe Run Yeezy 2 online bestellen
by olivia112
10/17/14 11:30 PM
Need Honest Critique Of Website
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:17 PM
Total Freedom
by Argyll
10/15/14 05:13 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site