Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#385195 - 09/22/09 07:05 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
suddenly she felt rather langurous. She sort of nodded off. At least she assumed so, because as if in a dream, she saw a beautiful man. Not beautiful in a "pretty" sense, but a presence that drew one's attention. He knelt beside her, took her hand so gently, and kissed her!

He kissed as if he had all the time in the world, and he focused that time only on her.

And then he drew back and said...

Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Twitter Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Facebook Add Re: Let's Write A Story to MySpace Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Let's Write A Story Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Stumbleupon Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Reddit
#385204 - 09/22/09 08:37 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: Carl]
baby blue Offline
Soulmate

Loc: alberta, canada
"luke... i am your father!!" hahahaha! sorry, it just slipped out!

"... something much like this, is one of the magics you MUST learn to protect yourself from."
maia shook her head, dazed. that was not a man's voice. startled, she sat up, regaining her bearings. delia was sitting there, looking at her intently. in her slit pupiled eyes, spiraled wonderous colors that maia had never known existed. as she watched, the movement slowed, then stopped. the young dragons eyes were once again the startling emerald green they usually were.
"what happened?"
"i used what would be comparable to a spell of compulsion cast by a human mage. a dragon's magic works differently than a human's but i tried to simulate it as closely as possible"
the dragon was growing incredibly fast. at first meting, she was the size of a large jack rabbit. now, not even a full day later delia had increased in bulk and now sat as tall as a human child of about 5 years of age and stretched from nose to tail tip was nearly 5 feet long. the small, once crumpled wings had straightened the way a newly born butterfly's wings do, drying in the sunlight. they looked incredibly delicate, an opalescent sheen with fragile blue veins like lace, woven to each wingtip.
"delia, are you hungry? you haven't eaten except what you took after hatching. i've never cared for a dragon before, you must show me what you need and explain why you need it. you are the only one who knows what a dragon needs."...

Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Twitter Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Facebook Add Re: Let's Write A Story to MySpace Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Let's Write A Story Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Stumbleupon Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Reddit
#385215 - 09/23/09 01:23 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: baby blue]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
"My Lady, you know much more than you realise, but yes, we should fortify ourselves. You have not eaten, either. In our own land, I would eat the magical fruit. Here, I shall have make do with avocados," she answered with a chuckle, "~ or dragon fruit" she added mischievously.

As Maia wondered how a new-born dragon could know so much, there was a sound of running footsteps coming towards them.

What now?

With great anticipation, Maia watched the greenery around her, until a tow-haired boy emerged.

"Oh! It's you! I'm so glad that you are safe."

She didn't even know his name, but, before she could even ask, someone else emerged from the woodland.

This person she did not know, yet she half-recognised him, and, ironically, she did know his name.

She stood, curtsied, and said: "Prince Rouark, I presume?"
He was tall and handsome.

"Indeed, my lady."

As he gently took her hand, to kiss it, she had a feeling of deja vu.

"Have we met?" she asked, shyly?

#385335 - 09/24/09 07:45 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

"I've dreamed of you," he said. "And I think we've been together in former lives. But rest assured that I would never presume to treat you with less than respect. I expect to fully enjoy courting you, my Princess! But for now, I would like to invite you and your entourage - especially this noble dragon who befriends you - to join me for a council to discuss the quest in whichwe find ourselves."

"You can see Delia?" inquired Maia.

"Only because she allows it. I am honored, my worthy friend!" Rouark addressed this last to Delia.

"I've brought a picnic basket with a few things. Even something for you, Delia! Let's sit and eat and talk."

As Rouark had been talking, impressions and thoughts had been flitting through Maia's mind and mood - ...

#385362 - 09/24/09 01:08 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

She felt overcome with shyness. This handsome prince had promised to 'court' her. He had said that he had dreamed of her.

But perhaps this was a dream. What other explanation could there be for everything that had occurred?

She was an ordinary girl, who lived an ordinary life, and liked to draw. That was all. She was either dreamimg or hallucinating.

Handsome fairytale princes did not really woo 18-year old strangers. Magically coloured dragons did not really grow to adulthood in a few hours, with the sole purpose of becoming her personal protector.

What was she saying???!!!
Dragons and fairytale princes did not exist. She must be ill; she had felt very hot and very cold today ~ and the Shaolin warrior business had been really odd! She must be feverish and, in truth, all of this must be completely unreal.

She had to wake up!
She must force herself to wake up!!

#385395 - 09/24/09 05:14 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
baby blue Offline
Soulmate

Loc: alberta, canada
her yelp of pain startled rouark, who went into instant "protection" mode.
maia let go a small chuckle and said " it was nothing... just a bug bite." he relaxed once more as she rubbed the spot on her arm where she had pinched herself. looking at him sitting across from her, the hot and cold flashes did another pass through her.
they ate quickly, and were packing up when maia stood up, catching rouarke solidly on the chin. for a moment, both were too stunned to speak, and when they did, it was at the same time.
"i am soo sorry, i wasn't paying attention and..."
she was quickly cut off.
"maia.. may i be so presumptuous as to call you by your first name?"
rubbing the top of her head, she nodded.
his rich laughter triggered a shiver that ran up her spine and back down to the bottom of her stomach. she thought, "if my head hurts this much... he should be out cold on the ground!"
he casually ran his fingers through his hair, but the unruly white lock over his forehead refused his efforts to make it stay put.
reaching out he toughed the top of her head gently. "are you all right maia?"
she nodded mutely, unable to make her voice work.
"aren't you two ready to go yet?" delia quipped, her head cocked to the side, eyes swirling knowingly.
maia thought "if a dragon can grin... that's exactly what it looks like."
sheepishly, she answered her winged friend with a breathy "yes."

#385474 - 09/25/09 03:46 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: baby blue]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

So it wasn't a dream.
It was real.
Delia.
The beautiful prince.
The magic pictures.
The strange boy.

All of it.

The magic ~ her magic ~ very real.

It was incredible!
It was so exciting!
The prince was so ... charming!

But if all of this was real, then the danger at the shop was real, too ~ and it was her responsibility to save the life of the woman she had met there!

She remembered what the boy ~ 'Hal' she now knew his name to be ~ had told her:

'"I know that shop, Princess! My guardian, Prince Rouark goes there often."'

"Your Highness" whispered Maia to the smiling Prince, "may I ask you something?

"You may ~ and you may also call me Rouark. Let us not stand on ceremony, if we are to be friends."

"Your ward, over there ..." (The boy was now playing hide-and-seek with Delia.) " ... He told me that you often visit this shop. Is that true?". She was holding up her drawing, for him to examine.

"I do, indeed, though young Hal doesn't know why. He thinks that I go there simply to purchase interesting items ~ and they do sell some very interesting things, I can assure you. But that is not why I return so regularly."

Then he began to look confused and worried.
"Maia, we come from the same magical world, but I do not have the same powers as you, and I do not understand the relevance of your drawings. I am guessing, now, that you did not draw this shop on a whim?"

"No, I drew the pictures before ever I saw the shop, and I have no idea whence the images came.
All I do know, is that the woman I met in that shop, is in great danger."

"Danger from what, exactly?"

"I know not, my Lord".

"I think, if what you are saying is true, then you, too, must be in danger. I shall deal with the woman. You must come with me, for protection. I will hide you."

Maia had learned never to go off with strangers. Rouark was a stranger, but then, so were Delia, Hal, the harpist and the woodsman.

What should she do?

As she pondered, she heard the distant faint sounds of a harp. A voice in her head seemed to be singing quietly to the music ~ telling her that, deep down, she knew exactly what she should do, and exactly whom she should trust.

But did she?

#385518 - 09/26/09 12:57 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
*don't stop now guys! Continue, continue! smile

#385534 - 09/26/09 03:56 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: kksuns]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

As Delia had advised her earlier, she really must focus.

She needed to think over the events of the day ~ had it really been only one day?!

She had believed herself to be the ordinary daughter of ordinary parents and, apparently, she had been wrong on both counts.

She was the magical daughter, of royal parents, from a parallel world and she had been placed with foster parents, from Earth, for her own safety. Her 'Mum and Dad' must have been trusted completely by her real family. She knew them to be good people, who loved her dearly and sincerely. She began to feel guilty for finding life with them a little boring. They were simply trying to keep her safe and hidden.

Something special, exciting and a little scary was now happening and she had guessed that it was connected to becoming eighteen. What had the old harpist said? ~ 'The time is right only now' and 'you are destined to touch the lives of others, and be touched by their lives. Each time this happens, you will hear faintly the melody of this harp.'

She had heard the harp just now, but it seemed to be issuing a warning to her.

She agreed with Rouark that she might well be in danger, but she also knew that it was her responsibility to save the lady who had sold her the gloves. Furthermore, if she went into hiding with the prince, her 'parents' would have no idea where she was and she could not bear to worry them. They must know a lot of secrets about her and they deserved to be told what was happening to her right now.

It was true ~ 'deep down, she knew exactly what she should do' ~ she must go to the couple, whom she had always known as her parents.

Rouark, with his blue eyes and blond hair was handsome and charming, but he was still a stranger to her and he had admitted that he did not understand her magic.

She was not yet sure whether she could trust him or not. She hoped that he would prove to be a good man, but, for now, she must refuse his offer of help, and go 'home'.

Edited by PDM (09/27/09 03:16 PM)

#385611 - 09/27/09 02:46 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

[Y'all ARE doing a great job on the story! Marge & I are staying quite busy on vacation]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
11/16/17 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site