Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#385810 - 09/30/09 05:36 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
"Rouark, thank you for your offer, but I must go home. I need to see my parents ~ my foster-parents, that is".
She smiled awkwardly as she acknowledged the change in her relationship with her 'parents'.

Rouark offered to accompany her.

"No, thank you, I shall be all right. It is not far."

She noted that Rouark looked dejected. She had rejected his friendly offers ~ she had rejected him ~ but she needed to get back onto home territory ~ and focus, as Delia had advised.

And what about Delia? What could she she do about her?
She felt sure that a dragon walking into her home might cause some disruption in the district.

The young dragon seemed to read her thoughts.

"Remember my invisibility, Maia. I shall come with you and protect you ~ and no-one will suspect anything."

Maia felt relieved. She was not ready to accept Rouark's help ~ not yet, anyway ~ but she was glad to have the companionship of a magic dragon on her travels.

"Rouark, I shall go home and think; I shall converse with my parents ~ and I shall see you again soon. I am truly grateful to you for your offer of help." She smiled at him; and he gave a half-smile back.

They said their farewells, and Maia watched as the prince walked off into the distance with his young charge.

Then she turned to the dragon.

"Come, Delia" she said."

Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Twitter Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Facebook Add Re: Let's Write A Story to MySpace Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Let's Write A Story Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Stumbleupon Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Reddit
#386133 - 10/07/09 09:02 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

But what happens next????

Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Twitter Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Facebook Add Re: Let's Write A Story to MySpace Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Let's Write A Story Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Stumbleupon Add Re: Let's Write A Story to Reddit
#386146 - 10/07/09 05:58 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
baby blue Offline
Soulmate

Loc: alberta, canada
making sure she had her supplies, including her sketchbook, the companions settled under the wayward pine for the night. it was a little cool but the small dragon soon had the chill taken from the air. a few deep breaths and the air was comfortable and any remaining moisture dried off. after a drink and small snack, sleep began it's decent upon the two exhausted travelers.
maia rested comfortably, leaning back against the warm, reassuring body of her friend.
delia breathed a heavy sigh of contentment as she lay, like an oversized cat, curled around the girl. her long, sinuous neck curved around and her muzzle rested in the girl's lap. the sparkling blue tail wound around the other way to surround maia.
as sleep finally overcame maia, she felt as though she was adrift in warm, calm aquamarine ocean.
neither dragon or girl stirred for the rest of the night, safety and comfort providing an untroubled reprieve for the weary adventurers.
the glimmering sets of eyes, high in the boughs, slid over the forest, watching. stars winked into existence one by one and as the night progressed, the sky resembled sparkles on dark, still water. the watchers continued their protective vigil, the night passing uneventfully. as the sun began to expose color in the fast fading darkness... the eyes swept around a final time and with the first stirring of the travelers below, turned toward each other for a few seconds and blinked out of existence.

#386153 - 10/08/09 07:09 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: baby blue]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Maia awoke early, feeling refreshed and happy, until she realised ..

"Oh, no! I fell asleep! Mum and Dad will be beside themselves with worry!" She roused Delia and started to run home as fast as she could, but was suddenly hit by another thought: What if they had called the police!? What could she tell them all?!

Muddled thoughts raced through her head as she raced through the quiet streets.

She arrived home breathless and anxious. When she knocked on the door she discovered that her parents were awake and waiting for her. She could see that concern was etched on their faces ~ but they were not as fearful as she had expected them to be.

An invisible Delia watched the unfolding events.

"We have been expecting this ~ ever since your 18th birthday" said Maia's father gently, as her mother hugged her tight.

"We know that you must ..."

#386166 - 10/08/09 06:04 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
"... walk your own spirit quest." Her Mom added, "I walked mine, and in finding myself I helped others, and learned to accept help. At key times, your Dad kept popping up. It took a while, but as my spirit quest drew to an end, I knew my spirit recognized his."

#388248 - 11/05/09 07:23 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: Carl]
olla86 Offline

Than I decided to go...

#388252 - 11/05/09 07:44 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: olla86]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

... forward into my future, with him ~ as a couple. Sadly, we found that we could not have children of our own, so, when we learned that you needed foster parents, and that we would be the parents honoured with the task of caring for you, we were overjoyed. We loved you from the moment we set eyes upon you. We shall always love you ~ and we shall always worry, but we know that you have your destiny, just as we had ours."

"Thank you, so much" whispered Maia, as tears flowed.
They hugged.

Suddenly Maia looked up: "Mum, Dad, do you know Prince Rouark?"

They hesitated. Then her father spoke: "Why do you ask"

"He has befriended me and he seems so kind, yet I feel unsure about him."

"I think that you are right to be cautious", her mother answered. "As a member of your country's royal family, he is distantly related to you. We were told, by the king and queen ~ your parents ~ that they had been considering a betrothal between you and him, while you were still infants, but, when the rebellion took hold, it wasn't to be."

"I don't want an arranged marriage" answered Maia.

"I don't think that this would happen now, anyway, dear" said her mother, "but I want you to be careful. You were smuggled out, but he stayed there. I can't help but wonder how he remained safe, after the revolution against the royal family."

"Yes, that is something that has long troubled us" added her father. "Is he really your friend? ~ He may be, but I think that you are right to be wary. Please, Maia, please take care of yourself!"

Maia looked troubled, but resolute.
"Mum, Dad, I'm going to ...."

#389527 - 11/18/09 10:39 AM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

"I am going to visit the kingdom where I was born. I shall have Delia with me" ~ she patted the dragon at her side ~ "so you will not need to worry about me. I know that I shall always be safe with her. I just need to go back to the place where I was born. Maybe I shall find answers there."

"Before you go," said her father, "there is something you must know. It concerns a lady, who can be found in a strange old shop, not too far away."

Maia showed them the drawing that she had made, of the shop she had visited.

"You have seen this shop?" asked her mother.

"Yes. It was a strange place. My magic went out of control there. I wanted to help the woman, but she seemed to reject my offers. I don't know. It was all so strange."

"That woman is related to you, somehow. She escaped the magic kingdom when you did," said her father.
"Other than that, we know nothing about her," added her mother.

Her foster parents told her how much they would like to help her, but they couldn't. Everything concerning Maia, the shop-lady, Rouark and Maia's royal family belonged to a different realm ~ a realm of magic and of mystery.

Maia kissed them both, before setting off once more. She allowed Delia to lead her to a kingdom that she had not seen since she was a babe-in-arms.

Edited by PDM (05/19/10 01:48 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#389541 - 11/18/09 02:36 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: PDM]
Carl Offline
Silver Star Soulmate

Loc: Gator Country, Florida - USA
Suddenly Delia stopped Maia, and spoke in her mind, *shhhhh, there's something going on just ahead. Climb on my back and wrap your arms around my neck. You will be invisible, also, as I share my life force with you."

A little hesitantly, Maia did as Delia suggested. As Delia moved forward through the dense forest and underbrush, they saw a clearing, and there was the woman from the shop, and could that be the king?

The woman was saying, "Prince Rouark has involved himself with the one foretold in the prophecy. The spell which binds him and the kingdom is in danger. They must be kept apart."

#389548 - 11/18/09 03:08 PM Re: Let's Write A Story [Re: Carl]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Maia was completely bewildered. She had sensed that this woman was in danger, and had intended to help her, yet here she was, apparently plotting against her.
Or was there more to this?

And who was this king? ~ She was sure that she would have recognised her own father, so this must be the usurper, who had either exiled, or imprisoned, her biological parents.

And Rouark! He was under a spell! That explained a lot.
She needed to be wary of him, but she also needed to help him.
She sensed that only together could they break the power of the false king and queen.

"The spell which binds him and the kingdom is in danger. They must be kept apart."
Hhmmm ...
Maia guessed that the more time she spent with Rouark, the less powerful their control over him would prove to be.

Now she knew what to do.
She must get close to the prince, but without him seeing her.
She was right to want to go to the magic kingdom ~ but she must remain invisible

Edited by PDM (11/18/09 03:09 PM)

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 10:06 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site