my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#390645 - 12/01/09 12:58 AM PDM - Moderator Break : )  
PDM Offline
PDM  Offline

True Blue Soulmate

UK
Hi Everyone! smile

I am going to have a holiday! smile
I'll make this sticky for a while, so that everyone knows.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going to 'take my moderator hat off' for a while.

As you must all know, I spend a lot of time on the forum; I enjoy the discussions and I actually like to keep it clean, because other forums seem to be so full of bad language and advertisements.

However, my study is a cold room and, at present, we have frost outside, so it is not a comfortable place to be at this time of year.
Certainly, I am often happy to endure it, so that I can join in the interesting conversations, but moderating can take up a huge amount of time.

As a result of moderator alerts, and PMs, I am often drawn to the site, when I would ~ should ~ be doing other things.

Sometimes, I can spend, quite literally, hours trying to sort out problems and I do feel that I am neglecting my family, my housework, my writing, etc, etc.

As you must be aware, we have had all sorts of 'tempestuous events' on the forum ~ some of them quite recent. This can be time-consuming, stessful & exhausting to sort out ~ and I can rarely satisfy everyone all of the time, so I then try to question my reasons and responses ~ and then explain myself and my actions.

Consequently, moderating can be doubly tiring and stressful ~ ~ and I have been doing this for a number of years, so I need a rest.

I am not leaving; I haven't fallen out with anyone and I still love to discuss all the interesting things that we discuss.

I like this forum and hope that it can remain a good place for cyber-friends to gather.

Anyway, just to let you all know, I won't be moderating for a while ~ I won't be responding to alerts; I won't be checking; I won't be refereeing; or anything like that.

I think that I shall find it difficult, but I'll try to be strict with myself. If I see anything untowards, I'll click on 'notify' and then on 'ignore' ~ and I'll rely on Lisa to sort things out, as she has kindly agreed to do, while I take my break.. smile

I'll still be chatting, when the mood takes me, though smile

Last edited by PDM; 12/01/09 01:16 AM.

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.
#390650 - 12/01/09 01:05 AM Re: PDM - Moderator Break : ) [Re: PDM]  
Lisa Shea Online content
Lisa Shea  Online Content

True Blue Soulmate

US
You are well deserving of a rest - you have been in the forums for almost five years!! This is your five year anniversary and you deserve a relaxing break to spend with your family smile I wish you the best of love and health with your family!

Lisa Shea, Owner
#390658 - 12/01/09 01:18 AM Re: PDM - Moderator Break : ) [Re: Lisa Shea]  
PDM Offline
PDM  Offline

True Blue Soulmate

UK
Thank you Lisa! smile smile

"The secret of success is constancy to purpose" - Benjamin Disraeli.

Moderated by  Lisa Shea 

Latest Posts
levitation photo challenge
by Lisa Shea. 02/19/18 02:56 AM
Your Parakeet's Personality
by Lisa Shea. 02/16/18 08:38 PM
Amazing Architecture photography challenge
by Lisa Shea. 02/16/18 08:37 PM
iodine supplement???
by Japanesesnowball. 02/15/18 07:08 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea. 02/12/18 02:55 AM
Architecture photography challeng
by Lisa Shea. 02/11/18 10:52 PM
Train Photography Challenge
by Lisa Shea. 02/05/18 12:06 AM
Neglected
by Lisa Shea. 02/04/18 11:57 PM
mozzarella cheese
by Lisa Shea. 02/03/18 04:01 AM
free will
by Lisa Shea. 01/28/18 11:39 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site