Budgie Photos
My violet female budgie
my cage
two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#390645 - 11/30/09 04:58 PM PDM - Moderator Break : )
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Hi Everyone! smile

I am going to have a holiday! smile
I'll make this sticky for a while, so that everyone knows.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going to 'take my moderator hat off' for a while.

As you must all know, I spend a lot of time on the forum; I enjoy the discussions and I actually like to keep it clean, because other forums seem to be so full of bad language and advertisements.

However, my study is a cold room and, at present, we have frost outside, so it is not a comfortable place to be at this time of year.
Certainly, I am often happy to endure it, so that I can join in the interesting conversations, but moderating can take up a huge amount of time.

As a result of moderator alerts, and PMs, I am often drawn to the site, when I would ~ should ~ be doing other things.

Sometimes, I can spend, quite literally, hours trying to sort out problems and I do feel that I am neglecting my family, my housework, my writing, etc, etc.

As you must be aware, we have had all sorts of 'tempestuous events' on the forum ~ some of them quite recent. This can be time-consuming, stessful & exhausting to sort out ~ and I can rarely satisfy everyone all of the time, so I then try to question my reasons and responses ~ and then explain myself and my actions.

Consequently, moderating can be doubly tiring and stressful ~ ~ and I have been doing this for a number of years, so I need a rest.

I am not leaving; I haven't fallen out with anyone and I still love to discuss all the interesting things that we discuss.

I like this forum and hope that it can remain a good place for cyber-friends to gather.

Anyway, just to let you all know, I won't be moderating for a while ~ I won't be responding to alerts; I won't be checking; I won't be refereeing; or anything like that.

I think that I shall find it difficult, but I'll try to be strict with myself. If I see anything untowards, I'll click on 'notify' and then on 'ignore' ~ and I'll rely on Lisa to sort things out, as she has kindly agreed to do, while I take my break.. smile

I'll still be chatting, when the mood takes me, though smile

Edited by PDM (11/30/09 05:16 PM)

Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Twitter Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Facebook Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to MySpace Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Del.icio.us Digg PDM - Moderator Break  : ) Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Yahoo My Web Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Google Bookmarks Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Stumbleupon Add PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Reddit
#390650 - 11/30/09 05:05 PM Re: PDM - Moderator Break : ) [Re: PDM]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
You are well deserving of a rest - you have been in the forums for almost five years!! This is your five year anniversary and you deserve a relaxing break to spend with your family smile I wish you the best of love and health with your family!

Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Twitter Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Facebook Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to MySpace Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Stumbleupon Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Reddit
#390658 - 11/30/09 05:18 PM Re: PDM - Moderator Break : ) [Re: Lisa Shea]
PDM Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: UK
Thank you Lisa! smile smile

Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Twitter Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Facebook Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to MySpace Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Del.icio.us Digg Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Yahoo My Web Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Google Bookmarks Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Stumbleupon Add Re: PDM - Moderator Break  : ) to Reddit

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
4 seconds ago
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site