Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#394249 - 01/25/10 08:46 PM Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
This is an issue I think about quite a lot. I have a great deal of love and respect for animals. I don't even want to kill spiders. We relocate them if we have to. I respect every animal's right to live.

But I do eat meat.

Do you consider being vegetarian? Do you respect the animal but understand it has to die to feed you? Do you seek out "human" food sources vs "painful to the animal" food sources?

Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Twitter Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Facebook Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to MySpace Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Del.icio.us Digg Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Yahoo My Web Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Google Bookmarks Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Stumbleupon Add Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Reddit
#394252 - 01/25/10 09:00 PM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: Lisa Shea]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

Loc: NE Oklahoma
I would just bet you meant "humain" food sources. I am pretty sure we have laws about "human" food sources.

grin

Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Twitter Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Facebook Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to MySpace Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Reddit
#394254 - 01/25/10 09:32 PM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: BLR]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

Loc: Asheville, NC
Right, BLR, I think we only eat people in emergency survival situations. smile
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Twitter Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Facebook Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to MySpace Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Stumbleupon Add Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism to Reddit
#394255 - 01/25/10 09:38 PM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: jilly]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

even then you pretty much get into trouble. Better to starve. grin

#394265 - 01/25/10 11:06 PM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: BLR]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
LOLOL ok you guys got me really laughing out loud!

HUMANE food sources!!

Not soylent green smile

#394274 - 01/25/10 11:31 PM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: Lisa Shea]
jilly Offline

Best Friend

Loc: Asheville, NC
Soylent Green....is made out of tofu!!!!!
App owner - RunPee.com - to help you find the best movie breaks smile

#394315 - 01/26/10 08:18 AM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: jilly]
BLR Offline
Copper Star Soulmate

no soylent green is made out of humans

#394323 - 01/26/10 11:41 AM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: Lisa Shea]
Love My Budgies Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: Midwest
I have always struggled with eating meat. When I was a very young child I always disliked the smell, look, thought, taste (of most). I have always loved animals and could never understand why we ate them - just struck me as truly disgusting. I remember my mother cooking chicken and seeing the blood, fat, muscles, skin - yuck!
As I got older and lived on my own I stopped buying & cooking meat, only ate it out once in awhile at restaurants, mostly chicken or hamburgers. After more time & thought I stopped eating it altogether. There really is no need to eat it. There are other sources of food & protein available. Every food contains some amount of protein, except a few fruits & alcohol.
Now I struggle with going completely Vegan. grin
Just my opinion, but I don't believe there is a truly humane meat option. You still have to raise the animal for food, take it from it's family, then kill it to consume it.
If you are on the fence, I highly recommend watching Meet Your Meat.

#394325 - 01/26/10 11:51 AM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: Love My Budgies]
JMD98 Offline
Companion

i agree with all, but i beleive that we can eat meat or not!

i have nothing wrong with a vegitarian but i personaly will not
i love animals actully i want to become a zoooligist, i like them that much!!

but we were put in charge since the beggining of earth to have dominion over the animals GOD made animals for company and food
i agree we have to watch what we eat but frankly i don't beleive chickens/pigs/cows are becoming extinct.... ans remember we aren't throwing away perfectly good bones 150-100 years ago indians would use every part of the body to make stuff

i believe it's not bad but when we are killing vidle animals
it's hard to explane and i think someone will agree with me on that if anybody has i ideas that i can't explain

please speak

#394326 - 01/26/10 11:53 AM Re: Respecting Animals and Vegetarianism [Re: JMD98]
JMD98 Offline
Companion

and i like i said people are killing to much of one animal but look chickens have 5 eggs a week!!!

but people go over board killing nonstop tiger/whales and just for us we can eat them but we go over board more for there stuff not there meat!!!

not good!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:39 PM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
11/16/17 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site