two blues
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#415219 - 05/11/11 02:16 PM Parakeet Question
!!Mike Mike!! Offline

Loc: Illinios
so im still working on taming my birds but its taking a long time. so for the last three days i have been putting bird seeds in the palm of my hands and put it in the cage. at first the female she was curious then she started to stand on my palm eating the seeds and so did the male should i keep doing it. because if i put my hands in the cage without seeds they got scared but when i do have it they not ???

Add Parakeet Question to Twitter Add Parakeet Question to Facebook Add Parakeet Question to MySpace Add Parakeet Question to Del.icio.us Digg Parakeet Question Add Parakeet Question to Yahoo My Web Add Parakeet Question to Google Bookmarks Add Parakeet Question to Stumbleupon Add Parakeet Question to Reddit
#415221 - 05/11/11 02:53 PM Re: Parakeet Question [Re: !!Mike Mike!!]
Connor G Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Woodbury, MN
Taming a parakeet can take weeks maybe months. Especially 2 at once just hang in there and it's all worth while. Remember go at their pace.

Add Re: Parakeet Question to Twitter Add Re: Parakeet Question to Facebook Add Re: Parakeet Question to MySpace Add Re: Parakeet Question to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Parakeet Question Add Re: Parakeet Question to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Parakeet Question to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Parakeet Question to Stumbleupon Add Re: Parakeet Question to Reddit
#415222 - 05/11/11 02:54 PM Re: Parakeet Question [Re: !!Mike Mike!!]
Kimberly1985 Offline
Long Time Friend

Loc: South Carolina
That's great progress, Mike. I can't give advice though because my little Cheeko never ate from my hand.

Add Re: Parakeet Question to Twitter Add Re: Parakeet Question to Facebook Add Re: Parakeet Question to MySpace Add Re: Parakeet Question to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Parakeet Question Add Re: Parakeet Question to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Parakeet Question to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Parakeet Question to Stumbleupon Add Re: Parakeet Question to Reddit
#415270 - 05/13/11 02:21 PM Re: Parakeet Question [Re: !!Mike Mike!!]
!!Mike Mike!! Offline

oh kay but should i keep doing it

#415275 - 05/13/11 02:55 PM Re: Parakeet Question [Re: !!Mike Mike!!]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

Why not, it is not hurting anyone and someday you won't need the seed and they will trust you.

#415352 - 05/17/11 02:19 PM Re: Parakeet Question [Re: !!Mike Mike!!]
!!Mike Mike!! Offline

ok thank all of yall

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
Today at 01:16 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site