Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423086 - 03/16/12 09:22 AM First Out of Cage Meeting
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Loc: Tampa, FL
So we let Timmy and Denny out of their cages at the same time for the first time yesterday afternoon. The meeting went very well. Here are some pics:

Well, hello there. . .

Gettin to know you. . .

Timmy's first venture into Denny's cage - Denny checking him out. . .

Denny in flight with Timmy looking on. . .

Timmy checking out Denny's toys. . .

Eating together. . .

Happy together. . .

Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Twitter Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Facebook Add First Out of Cage Meeting to MySpace Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Del.icio.us Digg First Out of Cage Meeting Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Yahoo My Web Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Google Bookmarks Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Stumbleupon Add First Out of Cage Meeting to Reddit
#423088 - 03/16/12 12:39 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
Kathy A Offline
Good Friend

Loc: Wyoming
Those are some cute photos. Love the one of Denny flying above making sure Timmy doesn't get too comforatble with his stuff. Looks like it was a good first getting to know each other time!

Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Twitter Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Facebook Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to MySpace Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First Out of Cage Meeting Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Stumbleupon Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Reddit
#423089 - 03/16/12 03:34 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
wow great pictures for sure and i also like the one of him in flight...

you can tell timmy is so young beside denny giggle...jes a lil tiny tot yet... smile

and you take the whole entire top of the cage off WOW shocked

Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Twitter Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Facebook Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to MySpace Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First Out of Cage Meeting Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Stumbleupon Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Reddit
#423100 - 03/18/12 06:54 AM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Yes, we try to get cages that allow us to take the tops off. Since there are no landing platforms for them, we take the tops off and they can fly into the cage easily. I recently put a landing perch at the tippy top of the cage. I also have one of those movable platforms on the side of Denny's cage for them to hang out on. I am going to get one for Timmy's cage also.

We moved Timmy out to the living room with Denny yesterday. I just took a couple of pics of their cages in front of the sliding doors which is their permanent spots. I will post them as soon as I get them uploaded into Photobucket.

Timmy is just starting to play with his toys. He is testing each one. He found the kabobs and started to chew on them.

He is such a happy bird. Still does not want to have anything to do with our hands. The only time I can get him on my finger is in the evening when he starts to wind down and is not so active.

#423101 - 03/18/12 04:46 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

lots of time yet for training ...however i will again now say ...when they are both there each will distract the other when you try to train...

those platforms also have a nice soft cloth that slides over them to make it more comfortable for their feet...sells separate and easily put on an washable also.. smile

#423103 - 03/18/12 04:57 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

i didn't know about the cover for the platforms, i will have to look for them.

it is true about Denny distracting him from training, i will cover Denny when we do training.

I let them out today and Denny got very excited and aggressive. So i had to separate them. I got Denny in his cage and put the top back on and let Timmy stay open. He went over to Denny's cage and sat there talking to him. Denny finally calmed down so i let him out and the two of them flew all over the house. Had to stay out of their way as they are little spit-fires flying from one end of the house to the other. My husband had to duck a couple of times. LOL.

#423106 - 03/18/12 09:20 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

https://www.birdsupplynh.com/catalog/pro...d65568e32246cd0

here is the pad check measurements as this pad is for the wire platform they sell separate

bunch of dive bombing little maniacs laugh

#423110 - 03/19/12 03:26 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Ok, so I have a question, since we have let Timmy and Denny out of their cages, all Denny wants to do is feed and preen Timmy. Is this something we should be concerned about? We are still not sure if Timmy is a boy or girl. Does Denny know something that we don't. He was never like this with Dickie.

Edited by Lady Vyz (03/19/12 03:26 PM)

#423114 - 03/19/12 08:59 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

no visitation from either to the other should be allowed as is kept being mentioned till for sure SEX is known on BOTH birds to allow now makes it more difficult later to separate... frown

#423280 - 04/07/12 01:33 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
pinkeynurse Offline

Loc: Pa
You birds are so beautiful, Great PICS smile My two babies are in the same cage, should I buy a separate cage???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Find your Enameled Aluminum Wire
by enameledaluminum
4 seconds ago
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:02 PM
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
12/13/17 02:01 PM
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
12/13/17 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
12/12/17 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site