Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423283 - 04/07/12 02:13 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
in a word YES...you should ...sorry for the added expense of another cage but this should be done till sexes are known and the sooner the better as they get attached to each other somewhat quickly...then separation becomes that much more difficult ...NOT impossible by any means tho...if they dont have any personality misgivings about each other...but you sure dont want any bonding if they are both of opposite sexes...

Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Twitter Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Facebook Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to MySpace Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First Out of Cage Meeting Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Stumbleupon Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Reddit
#423287 - 04/07/12 04:47 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
pinkeynurse Offline

Loc: Pa
I just bought a smaller cage and put Barney in it. Both parrakeets are so upset. Will they be OK. Will I need to keep them separated for months...Seems harsh and sad. I will place the the smaller cage there the bigger cage. This way they can talk to each other.. Thanks for your help. They have their first vet check uo on Tuesday..

Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Twitter Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Facebook Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to MySpace Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Del.icio.us Digg Re: First Out of Cage Meeting Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Yahoo My Web Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Google Bookmarks Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Stumbleupon Add Re: First Out of Cage Meeting to Reddit
#423289 - 04/07/12 05:33 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

as long as the small cage is not tooooo small and has toys and you just place them in the same room they dont have to be side by side it will be ok...also when you can then upgrade...they would also be able to talk to each other if they were in opposites ends of the house lol im not necessarily suggesting that just to let you know they would still hear each other and chat back and forth just as birds do in the wild without having to actually see each other or be right next to each other...

you may if different sexes need to keep them apart permanently to prevent mating and babies...

pinkey may i suggest as i do with so many to understand all of this that you click on the forum list tab above...in there then see general keet section and the health and medical sections...click on them and read every thread in your leisure as any questions you may have will be in there as to what should be done and why its done...

those sections and threads are like a library of in-exhaustable information... laugh

#423292 - 04/08/12 06:52 AM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
pinkeynurse Offline

I will read them, Thanks!! Before I bought my babies, I bought the book Parrakeets for dummies and watched over 20 videos on line, but your site seems to have good advice. smile

#423297 - 04/08/12 11:39 AM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

giggle im not personally familar with the book Parakeets for dummies but i think they have a book out there for just about everything named something like that...

i think you will find information that is here in this forum much more detailed from poster to poster and that is why i really encourage reading the sections ...general keet chat...and medical and health issues under the forums tab list above...

heck i go back ohhhhhh lets see about a thousand times now myself to REREAD a LOT of it...

make a "post it" note that reads.. dont wait till to late...educate. The information you can gleen is endless and interesting too sometimes can be also very shocking. frown

in fact i have to go back and review ALL my own post now to find something specific i remember...so thats gonna be no small chore. crazy

Edited by illusive Fantasy (04/08/12 11:41 AM)

#423300 - 04/08/12 12:40 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
pinkeynurse Offline

Will do the reading. Thanks a bunch. Did not think I would be enjoying my new little ones so much...Tomorrow I go back to work. Will be looking forward to next weekend with more time with Barney and Clover. smile

#423301 - 04/08/12 08:29 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

i m interested ...how did you come up with the names of your birds?

#423304 - 04/09/12 03:09 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
pinkeynurse Offline

hehehe Picked Irish names because I am Irish. Clover because I love clovers/plant and Clover is yellow Green parrakeet. Barney because he was a great Man in Dublan

#423305 - 04/09/12 03:21 PM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

well you cant stop there with just saying that Barney was a great man of dublan and not tell us the story ...gawd woman......SHARE....:)

#423706 - 05/16/12 01:51 AM Re: First Out of Cage Meeting [Re: Lady Vyz]
robinhudda123 Offline

Nice pics .These are the one of the best picture and making the interest toward the motor car and these are many interesting things which make the people beneficial and aware about the new modal launch in the market .This one very new model of the vehicle.Thanks for sharing this post with us .
lne consulting review

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by mnopqr354716
52 minutes 55 seconds ago
Training two budgies
by mnopqr354716
53 minutes 17 seconds ago
Rise of Gig Economy
by Swati Gupta
Today at 03:43 AM
Gears Steampunk wood palette cyanotype
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:52 AM
Wing Flipping
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
Lisa Shea Origami in the Blackstone Valley Xpress
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 07:09 PM
abstract cyanotype grid
by Lisa Shea
11/24/17 04:22 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!
by Edd
11/23/17 06:16 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site