Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#424741 - 09/23/12 05:48 PM New Family Member-Joey
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Loc: Tampa, FL
Just wanted to introduce you to our newest family member, Joey. We got him about 3 months ago from Petco. He is a little older than I first thought, but he was so beautiful, we couldn't resist. We quarantined him and just introduced him to Denny. They became fast friends. I believe he is a "spangle". Maybe IF can confirm that. You can see his tail feathers as he bent them and they broke off, but they were grayish. His spots are grey also.

Here are a couple of pics:

Here are a couple of Denny and Joey's first meeting

Here is where the boys live, side by side, Joey's cage in on the left.

As you can see in the second picture he has a leg band. Can you give me an idea of what it means? I believe the color, dark blue, means he was born in 2011. I am thinking late 2011 as his eyes are still very black with no white around them.

Add New Family Member-Joey to Twitter Add New Family Member-Joey to Facebook Add New Family Member-Joey to MySpace Add New Family Member-Joey to Del.icio.us Digg New Family Member-Joey Add New Family Member-Joey to Yahoo My Web Add New Family Member-Joey to Google Bookmarks Add New Family Member-Joey to Stumbleupon Add New Family Member-Joey to Reddit
#424742 - 09/23/12 07:00 PM Re: New Family Member-Joey [Re: Lady Vyz]
kksuns Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: upstate NY
Well, Hi there Joey! Welcome to our crazy flock. lol

He's beautiful Lady V. Such pretty shades of blue.
It's good to hear they get along so well and have become fast friends. I hope it stays that way, as it has with my 2 guys.
Is Denny teaching him all the rules of the house... the best flying routes and all?

Neither of mine are banded. Sorry I don't know how to read the bands.

Edited by kksuns (09/23/12 07:03 PM)

Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Twitter Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Facebook Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to MySpace Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New Family Member-Joey Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Stumbleupon Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Reddit
#424743 - 09/23/12 07:25 PM Re: New Family Member-Joey [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
hey Lady good to see you again...great pics ...can you tell me if he is more the lighter blue or darker blue as in some pictures he looks both...but no he is not a spangle and this link will help you to identify him ...

http://www.budgieplace.com/colorsguide.html

you can also google about leg bands and learn about them as well...most times the color band is a indication of the year born..and googling will show you that as well...

i had to laugh at his stumpy butt like what happens when they go thru a full molt...they look so helpless and cute..but i do see where his flights are coming back and thats good as his particulat color mutation when they do will even enhance his looks ...handsome boy

Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Twitter Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Facebook Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to MySpace Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New Family Member-Joey Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Stumbleupon Add Re: New Family Member-Joey to Reddit
#424759 - 09/24/12 07:30 AM Re: New Family Member-Joey [Re: Lady Vyz]
Lady Vyz Offline
Companion

Loc: Tampa, FL
Thank you. He stood out amongst all the other budgies, and the couple of times I went to see him, before bringing hubby, he was hanging upside down and seemed like he was enjoying himself. He has taken to his cage nicely and is playing with everything. He loves going down head first on his toys and the side of the cage just like a Nuthatch. He is stepping up on my finger inside and outside of his cage and has learned how to climb his ladder. Here is a short video of Joey climbing into Denny's cage.

Joey's body color is a fairly dark blue. Looking at the site IF sent, is seems that he may be a full-body-color greywing. What do you think?

#424760 - 09/24/12 07:46 AM Re: New Family Member-Joey [Re: Lady Vyz]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
i think you did very well in going thru those color mutations and figuring it out for yourself...well done. laugh

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by nopqrs876950
Yesterday at 01:29 AM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:07 PM
How to Express Birthday Greetings?
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:05 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
12/06/17 05:04 PM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by nopqrs876950
12/06/17 12:05 AM
porcelain cyanotype ornament designs
by rstuvw579648
12/02/17 12:10 AM
kittens
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 11:56 PM
Matthew 12:40
by nopqrs876950
11/29/17 11:12 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/29/17 10:54 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
11/28/17 06:40 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site