The Child Health Site
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#424624 - 09/21/12 06:04 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: illusive Fantasy]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
Dear Illusive Fantasy -

It's true that when we had very high traffic that we forced threads to stay on quite narrow topics. If someone strayed even a tiny bit off topic, we would reprimand them and move the discussion elsewhere.

While that did work for the forum for a while, I wonder if that is part of why we have low traffic now. On Facebook and Twitter people post about whatever they want to, on tangents, on side-tracks, and have fun with it. The conversation moves organically.

Since we barely have 1-2 posts a day right now in the forums, I'm looking for ways to engage people more, and to draw back that sense of a "live conversation". Maybe it will help to revitalize the forums. I think at least it is worth a try.

Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Twitter Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Facebook Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to MySpace Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Jesus Had a Wife Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Stumbleupon Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Reddit
#424686 - 09/22/12 02:17 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

According to the New York Times, other pieces of wording on the same fragment seem to indicate that the "wife" being discussed was named "Mary". http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/21/us/papyrus-fragment-that-refers-to-jesus-wife-stirs-debate.html?_r=0 "According to her translation, Line 3 includes the words “Mary is worthy of it.” Line 5, immediately after the line about Jesus’ wife, says, “...she will be able to be my disciple.” Line 7 says, “As for me, I dwell with her in order to...”" What do you think, does this point to Mary M? It's still so odd that with all the many writings there are about Jesus, that none of them say "he was celibate" or say "he was married". They just never talk about it at all.

Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Twitter Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Facebook Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to MySpace Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Jesus Had a Wife Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Stumbleupon Add Re: Jesus Had a Wife to Reddit
#424769 - 09/24/12 02:25 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: Lisa Shea]
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
Lisa, When I turned a teenager and that whole birds and bees business started looming in my head I had alot of questions. Questions about THE Jesus and his "Libido" naturally occured so I asked my grandfather about about it and the silence was ominous.

Most cultures had figured out thousands of years ago that a man cannot live a life of complete celibacy and that the more unpleasant, rebellious, and aggressive aspects, as well as the libido within a man could be controlled through gelding especially at a young age. Gelding was used as a form of capital punishment in the US up until just one-hundred years ago.

I digress, I waned from the point of this thread and my own post once again. The point being that unless THE Jesus was a eunuch, provided he was a man as the bible says and he was real, then he had those urges and he needed relief from the needs of a human man.

In today's world it's just about everyday we hear about another perv, or priest, that sexually abuse a child and they had taken a vow of celibacy. In my book any man who would abuse a child is one who should be skinned alive starting with the extremities.

#424799 - 09/25/12 04:55 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: Lisa Shea]
Berzelmayr Offline
Companion

Francis Watson, an expert on this matter, thinks the text is a fake: http://markgoodacre.org/Watson.pdf
(I don't know if Sherlock Holmes agrees with him wink

#424825 - 09/26/12 07:56 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Mongrel -

I think for a small portion of men that the idea of life without sex is one they are happy with. Some men simply aren't that interested in sex, and that is OK. Maybe those specific men would love being in an atmosphere where it never came up.

But I agree that most men (and most people in general) do have an interest in sex, and to continually try to repress it is less than healthy.

It makes me wonder if maybe the one or two men in charge back when the whole celibacy thing was pushed through were those low-sex-drive men, and thought it would work out fine. They didn't see how much of a problem it would be for others.

#424826 - 09/26/12 08:02 PM Re: Jesus Had a Wife [Re: Lisa Shea]
Lisa Shea Offline

True Blue Soulmate

Berzelmayr -

Some interesting points are made in that article! I wonder if we did similar studies of other Coptic material if we'd find similar matches, though. It would help more if they could say "it matches this one 20% where in comparison no other Coptic documents found ever match any other one more than 1%". I'd like to know how common it is for them to have similar phrases.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Training two budgies
by Nhu
1 second ago
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
Yesterday at 10:26 PM
In Dire need of Advice...
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
The Lucky Cat
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
Female won't feed babies HELP!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Wing Flipping
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 12:30 AM
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:19 AM
Visions in Dreams
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:18 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by rstuvw579648
11/19/17 05:14 AM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site