Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Child Health Site
Topic Options
#425794 - 12/16/12 11:20 PM Winter Classes
Lisa Shea Online   content

True Blue Soulmate

Loc: US
I have a break right now from school, which is part of why I finally had time to hunker down and do all the forum upgrade work. I wanted to make sure I could dedicate a solid block of time to it to get it all done properly.

I start up again in January with my "winter session" of four classes. Then after that I only have 3 more classes in the spring and I graduate! I'm so thrilled. I have wanted for so long to earn this degree. The material I'm learning is incredibly valuable - lots of detail about communicating with other cultures, managing change, and so on. The classes have been incredibly helpful and useful.

Is anyone else taking classes?

Add Winter Classes to Twitter Add Winter Classes to Facebook Add Winter Classes to MySpace Add Winter Classes to Del.icio.us Digg Winter Classes Add Winter Classes to Yahoo My Web Add Winter Classes to Google Bookmarks Add Winter Classes to Stumbleupon Add Winter Classes to Reddit
#425807 - 12/17/12 12:22 PM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

I remember getting near the end when I would graduate from college and looking to the future and new employment opportunities that awaited me. Looking back now the journey was far better than the destination.

After I graduated with honors, I was approached by 3 different criminal law firms and I chose one to work for after school was over. I soon found the work so distasteful and I hated my job. Going to work day after day to help find a way to get criminals found not guilty or plead down was a moral dilemma for me.

I tried corporate work and was bored to death, then I tried injury claims and felt like I was part of the problem with the law.

I bought a farm and never looked back. I always wanted to work for the county prosecutor but they never seemed to hire and do not have any funds to hire. Most municipalities are broke. Just recently I have pondered working for the county prosecutor for free as volunteer work, maybe as a victim advocate.

I hope you find your calling Lisa and your profession gives you fulfillment and much joy. I do not regret my education but maybe regret the profession I chose a little bit.

Add Re: Winter Classes to Twitter Add Re: Winter Classes to Facebook Add Re: Winter Classes to MySpace Add Re: Winter Classes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Winter Classes Add Re: Winter Classes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Winter Classes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Winter Classes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Winter Classes to Reddit
#425812 - 12/17/12 05:24 PM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]

True Blue Soulmate

Dear Tessboss -

That must have been incredibly frustrating! I definitely agree whole-heartedly that life is too short for a person to spend it doing something they hate. Each of us should find something we adore and do it with all our heart.

I do already have my calling smile. I absolutely adore running BellaOnline and my other websites. I love waking up every morning and doing this. The courses were on managing change, inter-cultural communication, statistics, and other things which help me run my websites even more efficiently. Each class I took could directly be applied to make my projects run better. I am extremely happy with the program smile.

Add Re: Winter Classes to Twitter Add Re: Winter Classes to Facebook Add Re: Winter Classes to MySpace Add Re: Winter Classes to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Winter Classes Add Re: Winter Classes to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Winter Classes to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Winter Classes to Stumbleupon Add Re: Winter Classes to Reddit
#426184 - 03/15/13 03:53 PM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]
allyson Offline

while I am here just for asking about your courses which you are going to start online. Actually I am searching for web development course, so please inform me when you start.

#426186 - 03/17/13 02:04 AM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
That post by Tess is one of the most inherently similar stories that I have ever heard! After twenty years of working for power generation I too realized that the work I was doing "felt like I was part of the problem". It was part of my job to tune combustion systems on boilers and the highest efficiency that I ever saw was around forty percent so you can imagine all of the energy that escapes into the atmosphere, rivers and earth. It's this energy, in the form of heat, alongside the caustic air pollution, which is emitted by the ton, that is killing our world.

Once you make the realization that your profession is eventually going to help kill millions of people it is very hard to subscribe to the propaganda of it. After ten years of working for the same utility I told my boss to go to hell - Needless to say they did not take it too well.

My wife and I have been scraping by every since but I think we both have a renewed idea of our role in life.

#426187 - 03/17/13 06:06 AM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]
illusive Fantasy Offline
Platinum Star Soulmate

Loc: Massachusetts
sometimes it takes seeing the actual hyprocracy that goes on behind the scenes of the legal system (to name only one area) and like tess, i too had to leave if i was to keep my own morals and ethics and not bend to the corruption behind the scenes from top to bottom...

i saw all that time spent in getting my college education a waste and it started to hit as early as one month after graduation and getting into the actual real world of law.

It was then i got my real education.

and Judge Judy should be removed from ever practicing law again for what she did...but that is another discussion i guess and so i will not go there.

#426210 - 03/19/13 11:15 AM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]
tessboss Offline
Long Time Friend

Just think how much better our America would be if the Congress wasn't made up of lawyers. They insist on writing laws with gray areas and loop holes to self serve the legal profession with challenges and law suits.

Make my day to hear a boat full of lawyers just sank. I would take a used car salesman over a lawyer anytime. At least with a used car salesman you know what to expect, but lawyers are just plain scoundrels.

#426217 - 03/24/13 11:12 AM Re: Winter Classes [Re: tessboss]
Mongrel Offline
Great Friend

Loc: Midwest USA, The Beeble Belt
Tess I guess you have never heard of K-Street. Ive had to work in DC a few times and everytime I had to go there I came back home infuriated.

In DC you have three types of people and they would be - Politicians, Lawyers and then the low class.

Usually when I have to work there i stay in this DoubleTree hotel
which is right on the bay. =I just feel sorry for the poorer people who live there. The poor are prisoners their own city

#426284 - 04/18/13 01:02 PM Re: Winter Classes [Re: Lisa Shea]

True Blue Soulmate

Mongrel -

I know many people who gave up a salary in order to be more happy with what they were doing. I think it's so important to be "content" with what you do in life. Money isn't everything. I'm on an extremely tight budget right now, especially compared with the very good money I used to make as a database developer. But I am so much happier, even if we have to save our pennies.

Moderator:  Lisa Shea 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Latest Posts
Question of the day!
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:23 PM
bike gear cyanotypes
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:21 PM
Zuzu and Felix, our two black kittens
by rstuvw579648
Today at 04:18 PM
Happy Halloween, everyone!
by rstuvw579648
Yesterday at 02:20 AM
Youth Soccer And Ring Pops
by gallerr
11/15/17 11:37 PM
Meditate
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 10:06 PM
Zuzu is a literary cat!
by Lisa Shea
11/15/17 12:28 AM
10 Things Every Amateur Football Team Will Need
by wu yu
11/13/17 01:51 AM
Teaming Up For The Fifa 2010 Soccer World Cup
by Brettt
10/26/17 08:35 AM
Yoga
by Lisa Shea
10/23/17 03:07 PM
Forum Guidelines
This forum takes web safety issues very seriously. Please make sure you have read and understood our Forum Guidelines before posting.
Sponsored Link
Support Our Friends
The Animal Rescue Site